VACorps participants VACorps participants

Marketeing internships in Cape Town

Zest for Life - Experiencing the Wonders of Cape Town

Working at my internship site, Get Smarter, in Cape Town was amazing, educational and professionally transformative. Everything was well organized, flexible, welcoming and lovely. I learned a lot about content marketing, design and research. What I feel had the most influence on me professionally was seeing the leadership techniques used to keep employees happy and the company running smoothly.

3 amazing months in Cape Town

In 2012 I travelled around the world reaching several different fascinating destinations and people. I came to South Africa, but never reached Cape Town. I found this frustrating because on my adventures I met so many different people who told me that my life wouldn’t be fulfilled without a stay in this city.
On my 5th semester of my study, Intercultural Market Communication, you can either do an internship in Denmark or Study abroad somewhere. My problem were that I wanted to go abroad, but I wanted an internship, which was not a normally thing to do. It increased the bureaucracy markedly – this is where VAC came in and gave me a very helping hand in finding an internship placement, a place to stay and a smooth experience.
I chose Cape Town for many reasons besides all the recommendations from people I met all over the world. It was the Design Capital 2014, a lot of interesting cultural things are happening after Apartheid, Nelson Mandel’s death and such, it’s a BRICS country so there’s a lot of growth and potential in the nation and besides that nature is amazing: I had a 15 minutes ride to go kitesurfing and when I wanted to go jogging I just ran up into the mountain in my backyard where I was among beautiful sights, zebras and very often good friends.
Cape Town is calling me back and to start a company in the country is not unlikely – hope to see you soon CT, with all its people, parties and natural pleasures.
Thanks to the young and talented VAC crew for making this time of my life unforgettable – hope to see you soon legends