Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year, May Term
An eight-week academic program designed for university students and professionals who want full immersion in the language and more intensive training in one-on-one classes.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality Spanish classes in Granada. All of our Spanish Teachers are university educated, experienced and have attended workshops on teaching Spanish to non-native speakers.
Our Spanish program is customized for each individual. Instruction is personalized with one-on-one classes and lessons structured to the level and interest each student. Participants study for 3.5 hours per day for eight weeks (140 hours of classroom instruction).
In addition to learning the formal structure of the Spanish language, you will have the opportunity to discuss current events, history, politics and social issues with your teacher. Not only is this a great way to build conversational skills with relevant subjects, but you will also learn a great deal about the country and culture.
And the end of the course all participants will receive a certificate of completion and/or evaluation in order to receive academic credit. We will also work with student advisors to insure that academic credit is granted.
* Support before, during and after your time in Granada
* Full orientation including information on safety, changing money, and a local tour
* 24-hour emergency assistance
* You may start classes at any time.
* In months of high enrollment (typically May-August) students may also attend weekly lectures and discussions on a variety of relevant topics
* Students may work one to two afternoons in a community on one of our on-going service projects
* Our school is conveniently located in the heart of Granada, near to many hotels and hostels
* Classes take place in our comfortable outdoor covered patio space.
* Students stay with experienced Nicaraguan families
Please feel free to contact us or visit our website for more information!
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
- Eight weeks of one-on-one instruction
- 3.5 hours per day of classroom instruction (140 hours total)
- Professors with university degrees and extensive experience
- Academic materials and hand-outs
- Orientation and city tour
- Airport pick-up
- Homestay with all meals and laundry
- Community service work
- Cultural activities (with groups of 5 or more)
- Certificate of course completion
- Assistance obtaining academic credit
- Supervision and assistance throughout the program
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
one week to ten days
We strive to
(1) promote the efforts of both public institutions and non-governmental organizations working to promote social justice and sustainable development in Nicaragua and
(2) facilitate cross-cultural learning by recruiting motivated individuals to participate in volunteer, educational, and internship programs.