Virginia International University in Fairfax
United States: Fairfax
VIU is a private, non-profit university located in Fairfax, Virginia, just minutes from Washington, DC. Our student body comes from more than 50 different countries. We currently offer graduate and undergraduate programs in business, management, and computer science, as well as certificates in a variety of professional and technical fields, including English as a second language (ESL). VIU offers tuition scholarships to high-potential students because we believe that higher education should be available to those who do not have the necessary funds to pursue it.
Virginia International University offers four graduate programs (On Campus and Online):
* Master of Business Administration (MBA) (in seven areas) (Online & On-Campus)
* Master of Information Systems (MIS) (Online & On-Campus)
* Master of Science in Computer Science (MCS) (Online & On-Campus)
* Master of Arts in TESOL
The graduate programs provide a high level of professional education and cover a broad range of subjects, thereby qualifying students for more diverse job opportunities after graduation. These degrees are earned by completing the program course requirements of 36 credit hours (3 credit hours per course, beyond pre-requisite courses).
Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Online & On-Campus)
VIU offers MBA programs in seven different areas:
* MBA in International Business Management
* MBA in Marketing Management
* MBA in International Finance
* MBA in Health Care Management
* MBA in Global Logistics
* MBA in Accounting
* MBA in Human Resources Management
* MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Master of Science in Information Systems (MIS) (Online & On-Campus)
- The Masters of Science in Information Systems (MIS) program is the study of information systems including their design, development, deployment, and usage in various organizations.
Master of Science in Computer Science (MCS) (Online & On-Campus)
- VIUs MCS program is the study of computer science theory and its application.
Master of Arts in TESOL
- Our MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) program prepares students to work as English teachers in a world where the global need for English language skills is growing
Undergraduate Programs (Online & On-Campus)
- VIU offers undergraduate degrees in both Business Management and Computer Science.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- VIU offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in the following three concentration areas: Marketing, Finance and International Business.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- The Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (BSC) integrates theoretical and practical aspects of information technology and business systems.
Career Diploma and Certificate Programs
- Certificate programs are part-time programs and require a total of 12-18 credits. Diploma programs are full-time programs and require a total of 24 credits.
Business Career Diploma Programs
- Two concentrations are offered in the business program: International Business and Small Business Management.
Computer Diploma Programs
- Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence (Online & On-Campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems (Online & On-Campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Management (Online & On-Campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Audit and Compliance (Online & On-Campus)
- The IT Specialist Diploma
- Virginia International University offers two language programs:
- VIU's English as a Second Language (ESL) program is a semester-based program that offers instruction at four proficiency levels, from Elementary to College Preparatory. VIU's ESL program offers both full-time and part-time study, including a TOEFL iBT preparatory course. As well, the schedule includes a variety of content-based ESL electives to appeal to a wide range of interests.
Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- VIU's TESOL graduate diploma program prepares native and near-native speakers of English to teach ESL and EFL.
* On-Campus or Online delivery
* We are located in Fairfax, Virginia, one of the best and safest places in the U.S.
* Qualified professors
* Affordable tuition rates and payment plans
* Tuition scholarships
* We update our educational programs to keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching methods.
* CPT - After first year /during semester
* OPT - After graduation 12 or 29 months
- Admin (health Services)
- Business Admin. & Management
- Business Management
- Business Studies Grad Level
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Programming
- Computer Science / It
- Continuing Education
- English As A Second Language
- Information Systems
- Intensive Language
- International Business
- International Relations
- Internship Programs
- Management Information Systems
Cost in US$:
Masters: 5,274 per semester Bachelors: 4,965 per semester TESOL (Graduate and Certificate): 441 per credit Certificate Programs: 3,972 ESL: 2,650 per semester
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is