Virginia International Universityhttp://www.viu.edu
11200 Waples Mill Rd. #360 Fairfax, Virginia 22030 United States
United States: Fairfax
Fall, Spring, Summer
Please visit our website http://www.viu.edu for details.
VIU is a private, non-profit university located in Fairfax, Virginia, just minutes from Washington, DC. Our student body comes from more than 50 different countries. We currently offer graduate and undergraduate programs in business, management, and computer science, as well as certificates in a variety of professional and technical fields, including English as a second language (ESL). VIU offers tuition scholarships to high-potential students because we believe that higher education should be available to those who do not have the necessary funds to pursue it.
Virginia International University offers four graduate programs (On Campus and Online):
* Master of Business Administration (MBA) (in seven areas) (Online & On-Campus)
* Master of Information Systems (MIS) (Online & On-Campus)
* Master of Science in Computer Science (MCS) (Online & On-Campus)
* Master of Arts in TESOL
The graduate programs provide a high level of professional education and cover a broad range of subjects, thereby qualifying students for more diverse job opportunities after graduation. These degrees are earned by completing the program course requirements of 36 credit hours (3 credit hours per course, beyond pre-requisite courses).
Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Online & On-Campus)
VIU offers MBA programs in seven different areas:
* MBA in International Business Management
* MBA in Marketing Management
* MBA in International Finance
* MBA in Health Care Management
* MBA in Global Logistics
* MBA in Accounting
* MBA in Human Resources Management
* MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Master of Science in Information Systems (MIS) (Online & On-Campus)
- The Masters of Science in Information Systems (MIS) program is the study of information systems including their design, development, deployment, and usage in various organizations.
Master of Science in Computer Science (MCS) (Online & On-Campus)
- VIUs MCS program is the study of computer science theory and its application.
Master of Arts in TESOL
- Our MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) program prepares students to work as English teachers in a world where the global need for English language skills is growing
Undergraduate Programs (Online & On-Campus)
- VIU offers undergraduate degrees in both Business Management and Computer Science.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- VIU offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in the following three concentration areas: Marketing, Finance and International Business.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- The Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (BSC) integrates theoretical and practical aspects of information technology and business systems.
Career Diploma and Certificate Programs
- Certificate programs are part-time programs and require a total of 12-18 credits. Diploma programs are full-time programs and require a total of 24 credits.
Business Career Diploma Programs
- Two concentrations are offered in the business program: International Business and Small Business Management.
Computer Diploma Programs
- Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence (Online & On-Campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems (Online & On-Campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Management (Online & On-Campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Audit and Compliance (Online & On-Campus)
- The IT Specialist Diploma
- Virginia International University offers two language programs:
- VIU's English as a Second Language (ESL) program is a semester-based program that offers instruction at four proficiency levels, from Elementary to College Preparatory. VIU's ESL program offers both full-time and part-time study, including a TOEFL iBT preparatory course. As well, the schedule includes a variety of content-based ESL electives to appeal to a wide range of interests.
Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- VIU's TESOL graduate diploma program prepares native and near-native speakers of English to teach ESL and EFL.
* On-Campus or Online delivery
* We are located in Fairfax, Virginia, one of the best and safest places in the U.S.
* Qualified professors
* Affordable tuition rates and payment plans
* Tuition scholarships
* We update our educational programs to keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching methods.
* CPT - After first year /during semester
* OPT - After graduation 12 or 29 months
Virginia International University was established in 1998 with the goal of providing affordable, quality higher education for students preparing to meet the ever-evolving needs and opportunities of the 21st Century workforce. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, just minutes from Washington, DC, VIU is an independent academic establishment combining a liberal arts tradition with emphasis on career orientation. We are currently offering graduate and undergraduate level programs in computer science, business, and management, as well as full and part-time certificates in a variety of professional and technical fields, including English as a second language (ESL). Our Student body comes from 40 different countries.
At VIU, we are committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we endeavor to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. At the same time, every student is assigned a personal mentor who acts as a guide in course selection and career orientation. VIU offers tuition scholarships to high potential students, because we believe that good education should be available to those who do not have the necessary funds to pursue higher education.
Masters: 5,274 per semester Bachelors: 4,965 per semester TESOL (Graduate and Certificate): 441 per credit Certificate Programs: 3,972 ESL: 2,650 per semester
VIU offers various scholarship programs, each of which requires that students meet certain qualification and provide substantial proof to maintain the specific terms and conditions.
VIU intends to serve an international body of students from all over the world with an equally diverse faculty and staff. This richness in total human resources reflects VIU's threefold mission, as follows: - As an institution of higher learning, VIU will strive to engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity that are more urgently than ever needed in light of the challenges of the new millennium. We systematically encourage the development of the knowledge base, study skills, and personal motivation necessary for competent scholarly inquiry and the lifelong pursuit of learning. At VIU, excellence in teaching leads to excellence in learning. - As part of the American higher education system, VIU recognizes the value of career preparation as a principal goal of university education. In fact, we believe that academic preparation and professional or technical training go hand-in-hand, and that a person whose background covers more than one area of expertise is both a better human being and a stronger candidate for a good job position. For example, a businessperson familiar with some of Shakespeare's characters may have an advantage over others who do not. By the same token, an English major with knowledge of ways of doing business may find his grasp of Elizabethan drama strengthened. - And, finally, as a community of students, staff, and faculty drawn from diverse national, cultural, and social backgrounds, VIU aims to create an atmosphere in which freedom of thought and diverse interpretations of human experience are cherished. At the same time, we strive to foster a shared spirit of community that mirrors the increasing interconnectedness of the "global village." It is our hope and expectation that each member of the university will develop a greater awareness of and responsiveness to fellow members as well as to those beyond our campus who are less privileged. The ultimate goal of VIU's mission is no less than to graduate persons of moral, intellectual, and professional excellence who will not only make a better life for themselves and their families, but who-more importantly-will lead the way to a better world for everyone.