V2 Volunteer & Vacation Header Image V2 Volunteer & Vacation Header Image

V2 all the way!

My volunteer and vacation experience in Tobago was a great way to combine my passion for international development, travel and the Americas. From the get-go everything ran smoothly- airport pickup, accommodation in a superb villa with pool and dining in beach side restaurants!

The primary school volunteer placement was an eye opener into the Trinidadian education sector. I had the opportunity to roll up my sleeves and lead my own classes. The teachers were supportive and the children ready and eager to learn.

Tobago is a wonderful country with great beaches, food and people. Jade, our Coordinator, ensured that our experience was a positive one. She organised an island tour, boat trip, hike through the rainforest and scaling up the Argyle waterfall, among many other activities.

I’m looking forward to my next V2 adventure!

Best trip ever!

My experience with V2 was the most memorable experience I have had thus far in my 29yr of living! I have traveled out of the country many times and to the Caribbean many times but this was by far the best. Not only was my host Jade exceptional, the entire experience she provided was exceptional. The villa was SUPER clean which is always a plus for a clean freak like me! She too us around the island to visit some of its most attractive and catchy spots. She made sure that we had a good time. The best part for me was the experience in the schools. I was only able to visit once this time but I loved the pleasant spirit the children and staff had and the exceptional minds of the young children. They were truly a job to be around and I cannot wait to go back to see them again!

• Teacher Support

Making a real impact in paradise

I worked in a local primary school, focusing on identifying the specific needs for children with reading difficulties. In just two weeks I was able to provide insight in to the issues the children were facing in completing their school work. The school, teachers and, of course, V2 staff were so supportive and really valued the experience and time I was able to dedicate to the children. Together, I believe we have made a real impact of the future of these children.

The experience is only improved by being located on the beautiful paradise island of Tobago in the Caribbean. The island - which feels very much like Trinidad's holiday home - has a party atmosphere but also feels very safe. The scenery is stunningly beautiful with white sand beaches and clear blue seas. Above all, the people are so friendly and welcoming.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience from V2!