Local kids Local kids

Volunteer in Costa Rica in a Children’s Home or Orphanage

Unforgettable experience

I really enjoyed my stay in Costa Rica and my volunteer experience. I have been working in an orphanage where 12 children from few months to 10 years olds are living.

The structure is really friendly and I hope I have achieved my goal to be helpful with both children and staff of the orphanage. The main purpose is to give them support, which can be either cleaning the house, washing dishes, drop children to school or play with them. During the project from 8 to 4, Most of the time, we contribute to cleaning tasks or we play with children During the project from 8 Concerning the accomodation, all volunteers (8 maximum) are living in a 2 bedrooms house in the heart of San Ramon.

A nice lady comes everyday to cook us breakfast and dinner, either traditional or occidental food. 4 days working week is really profitable, it let 3 days week end to travel and discover culture and beauty all around the country. Costa Rica offers many exciting acivities in amazing natural places such as water rafting, hike to te top of the volcano or ziplining in the rain forest.

It will be an unforgettable experience for sure. I really appreciated Costa Rican life style. The people are relaxed friendly and smiley but never forget to use your common sense!!

Amazing!

Hello,

I decided to come in Costa Rica for one month to work in an orphanage with one of my friend. I am very glad that we chose Costa Rica because this country is amazing and full of diversity. I really enjoyed my free time to travel around. It was nice to have 3 days free during the week end: I went to the beach, to the rain forest and I did a hike in Arenal volcano.

About the project in the orphanage, we were very well welcomed by "Las Tias" and I really enjoyed the mission. Our main role was to help "Las Tias" on the daily work. We did tasks as cleaning rooms, windows, preparing food and washing dish, doing the laundry, cleaning the offices... We also had time for stay with the children, playing with them, accompany them to school, assisting at stimulation lessons for the babies. We also share some really good moments with "Las Tias" during the coffee time.

We went to the project by bus, it was close for home. For the accommodation, I chose the house of volunteers. There was a good atmosphere and I spent a lot of time with the rest of the group, mainly during the week end. The house is located in the center of San Ramon, and we are 8 volunteers maximum. A local woman comes every day to prepare you some food. She is extremely nice, generous and will love to let you practice Spanish.

I really liked San Ramon. We have met some local people thanks to the English class organized by Uvolunteer and we had great discussion with them. Finally, I enjoyed my stay in Costa Rica and I would like to spend more time there!