United States: Alabama, Anchorage, Arizona and 50 other citiesLength of Position: 2-18 months
Paid internships for international students in the US. We offer internships in entertainment, marketing, public relations, journalism, fashion, accounting, business, hospitality and tourism, sports and recreation. New internship postings are emailed directly to members. Many employers also will provide housing and some meals. Candidates must meet job requirements of each individual employers.
* Entertainment Industry: Work on celebrity events, production shoots and general office duties. Work in casting offices in the Los Angeles area. Possibility of working on movie shoots or TV productions. Ongoing positions available. Hours/days negotiable.
* Public Relations: Learn how to write press releases and how to gain exposure for various products or clients. Assist with various office tasks as needed.
* Non Profit Organization: Academic Assistance/Tutorial. Touch the hearts and minds by protecting the innocence of our youth and developing their education. Hours/days negotiable.
* Non Profit Organization: Communication and Marketing, Fundraising, Youth Programs for a large worldwide organization. Hours/days negotiable
* Event Planning: Participate on non-profit and for profit events' committee to build successful and well-attended community events, which deepen the public's exposure to and unity with the mission of our company. As assistant to the Event Coordinator, the intern will learn the different components of creating a successful and dynamic event. The position also requires an ability to clearly understand the goals of the organization and articulate them while working to build the events. Hours/Days Negotiable
Accounting Assistants are needed to assist with general accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparation and data entry, filing, photocopying, research information for accurate entry such as general ledger codes, purchase orders, etc. Basic computer skills are required to enter into MIP (training on this software will be provided) in addition to moderate experience in Excel. General understanding of bookkeeping or accounting principles preferred. Majority of activity will be deskwork. Hours/days negotiable.
* Journalism: Work for a city newspaper doing various tasks such as general office duties, research and interviewing. Possibility of news writing with byline. Hours/days negotiable.
* Entertainment Museum: We have a 33,000-square-foot museum dedicated to showing our visitors (who come from around the world) what goes on behind the camera. We have original sets from Cheers, Star Trek: the Next Generation, and The X Files, a prop room, a foley (sound effects) room, an editing room, and rotating exhibits that change every couple months ranging in subject from persecuted Armenian filmmaker Sergei Parajanov to 10 years of The Simpsons. Docents are incredibly important to us because large sections of the Museum are tour-only; we can't survive without them! Training takes only 3-4 sessions, and by becoming a docent you earn free admission for you and your family, a gift shop discount, invitations to exclusive events, education sessions with the curator, and more! Long-term preferred. Hours/days negotiable.
* Legal: A company dedicated to legal support services. Filing court documents and assisting attorneys. Must have good communication skills. Hours/days negotiable
* Import/Export &Wholesale: Learn the 'ins and outs' of importing and exporting goods into the USA. Positions available in downtown Los Angeles. Prefer someone who is articulate, computer oriented and willing to learn.
* Travel: Cruise Sales, and Vacation packages. See first hand how the travel industry works. Hours/days negotiable.
* Preschool/ Teacher Assistants: Work for a primary school helping out teachers. Learn classroom management, lesson plans building and standards of the classroom. Hours Monday-Friday, 9-3PM.