Study Swedish in Uppsala, Sweden and meet the world Study Swedish in Uppsala, Sweden and meet the world

Uppsala International Summer Session

Wonderful time

I had a very nice time at UISS. It was fun, informative and interesting. With this program I have laid a good foundation for the Swedish language. I also learned more about the Swedish film industry. If you are interested in the Swedish language and culture, I highly recommend this program!

Best Decision I Ever Made

Studying at Uppsala was the best decision I ever made. The things I learned there, in and outside of the classroom, changed my life. My professors and the staff are so amazing and helpful. Getting to know the other students from all over the world and learning more about their cultures has made me a more rounded individual overall. The two summers I spent at UISS were the best two summers of my life.

• The Campus

Definitely recommend and would LOVE to go back!

Studying at UISS for 9 weeks, I was able to gain a much better understanding of Swedish grammar and a lot of confidence in speaking Swedish. You will have to make an effort to speak Swedish outside of class, as English is spoken most amongst students, but there are definitely opportunities to speak Swedish with the staff and locals as well. You will get what you put into it as far as language learning. The reason I rated academics an 8 is that my last 3-week course was not as challenging as I would have liked, and I did not feel as if I made much progress in that class. My first 2 teachers, who taught the first 6 weeks, were energetic and really excellent teachers!
Apart from academics, the program has a great balance of social activities, some of which are focused on Swedish culture and language (movie showings and lectures) and some of which are focused on getting to know people in the program (scavenger hunts, pub crawls). You will not be short of opportunities to meet wonderful, open-minded people, and I definitely left Uppsala sad to leave a great group of friends behind.
The living situation depends on what kind of room you select. If you live in a corridor, there will be many other UISS students nearby as well as several Swedish students. If you choose one of the other options, you may be more isolated. Uppsala is very walkable and bike-friendly though, so you will likely be about a 15 minute walk away from other students.
The reason I rated the campus a 9 is that wifi was not always reliable. Since wifi is not guaranteed with housing, this was a bit inconvenient at times. Overall, though, the staff were active about resolving wifi problems.

A Must for Anyone Interested in Swedish Culture

UISS is a program that I would highly recommend to anyone interested in the Swedish language and culture! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Uppsala and would definitely consider coming back for another summer!

My summer in Uppsala

Hej allihopa! I would like to say how was my holiday in Sweden with UISS. I met many people from different countries and all together we get involved in the life and culture of this nation, with the help of teachers and also from the staff! They are all extremely qualified and they're likely to follow and give their support. I shared adventures, felt emotions, knew many interessant things, made new friends and saw some things new to me. I spent a great summer with extraordinary people and I came back with good memories and the hope to visit again Uppsala, school included!

• The Campus

European mobility at its best

I attended the course of Swedish as a part of our staff mobility programme at work. As I teach Swedish back home I wanted to experience the Swedish culture and get to know native Swedes and their traditions in real life. The course managed to fill my expectations completely. I'd recommend it to anyone at all. In addition to the language course you get to participate in the fun afternoon classes as a bonus. I personally loved the drama course. It really was the place to put yourself on the spot and test your Swedish skills in practice. I'm also grateful for the opportunity to get to know so many people from Sweden and across the world. This summer course was a very valuable experience for me. At the same time it was an active family vacation as my husband wished to travel with me and brush up his Swedish skills as well:).

Se Uppsala och sedan dö

My time at the Uppsala International Summer Session was amazing. The organisation of the program was well thought out and there were a lot of interesting activities to get people to know each other. The lessons in the morning were elaborate and taught by very competent teachers. There was also a broad field of different activities to choose from for the afternoon classes. Even though the program takes place during the holidays for the local students, hell was always loose on the weekends and even on the weeknights. Varios trips to different areas of Sweden brought us close to the Swedish culture.
Whenever you are considering a language stay in Sweden, UISS is the first place to go!

Uppsala International Summer Session 2015

UISS was an amazing experience for me. After having studied Swedish for a large part of my young adult life, going on UISS was extremely rewarding and helped me really cement my language abilities as well as get a truly authentic cultural experience. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in studying Swedish, regardless of their level in the language. Even for someone who knows nothing of Swedish but is looking for an amazing cultural and educational experience in an amazing country this program is a perfect choice. The staff and teachers and extremely friendly, caring, and personable, and of course they are extremely knowledgeable and great at teaching their students. The activities the program puts on are extremely fun and great for creating close bonds between the students. Uppsala is an amazing city and the program does a great job of introducing you to it. I would highly recommend this program to anyone.

General

I really have no complaints for the program. I've participated in UISS for 2 summers, a 6 week session both times, and I'm certainly planning on going in the future, BUT it will be for 9 weeks cause this program is that awesome. Overall, a great program for people wanting to learn Swedish. The classes are amazing. The campus may not be the nicest, but it works and that's all you can ask for. The living situation is good, exactly how a student at Uppsala University would be living. It can be difficult to get to know the swedes, but overall you will learn a lot about the Swedish culture and get to know it well. Administration and health and safety is good as well, no complaints there.

• The Campus

It makes you really want to come back every summer

The experience I had at the Uppsala international summer School was one of the happiest I ever had. The teachers, the program, the staff: everything was perfect. This course really gave me the chance to make new friends, plus, it gave me the possibility to appreciate the swedish culture all the more by learning the language and having really interesting and funny trips with the School. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Every summer, if I could.

Summer in Sweden

I stumbled upon the program by accident and was unsure what to expect. However, I'm very glad I applied as it was a fantastic experience. The immersion in Swedish society along with the field trips provided are a great way to experience Sweden. The classes were also brilliant; relaxed and a great learning environment. Anyone with a interest in Sweden or the Swedish language should apply - a truly great experience!

A lifetime experience

No matter how old you are or where you come from UISS is the right course to improve your swedish. Uppsala has the right size to offer all you need and at the same time not to get lost. Already been twice!

Enjoyable and Educational

Learning Swedish for six weeks in Uppsala was a great experience. Meeting all kinds of great people, discovering a truly fascinating Sweden and not least having fun while learning a new language is what made it one of the most memorable summer vacations.

A+

Overall a challenging and unforgettable experience, both academically and socially. A great opportunity to test and improve my previous knowledge, to enjoy cultural diversity and expand my horizons. Hoping to return to beautiful Uppsala some day.

Same

Learned so much. Fluency much improved as well as grammar and vocabulary. Excellently prepared, organised and engaging tuition. Also enjoyed learning about the etymology of the language and relationship to Icelandic. Swedish film intellectually stimulating and provocative,

juni2015

new friends from all over the world, all interested in the swedish langue. midsommar celebration is a special experience. learned off course a lot of swedish also the swedisch grammar and overall i can recommend it (if my boss will agree on my vacation of 3 weeks, i will go back in 2016).

Amazing Program!!

This program is incredible and I recommend it to everyone. Though I have visited Sweden every two years to see my grandparents, I feel I truly learned about the country and people through this program.

Jag älskar UISS

Attending UISS was my first time going abroad and I could not have asked for a better experience. I only knew a few words of Swedish when I came here- but that changed very quickly. I learned so much in the classroom and on the field trips we took. Having those trips was awesome because we could talk about a historical location or artifact in the classroom, then the next day go visit it for real. Being able to make connections and learn that way was absolutely amazing.
All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the instructors were so knowledgeable and passionate for what they are teaching. I learned and experienced so much more in the three week program than I ever imagined possible.

Älskar Svenska

I loved it :D! That summer was amazing and I am planing to go there agen for sure. I really recomend you take part to the trips also because then you get to know sweden from different perspectives. You will have a mazing time!

Lovely experience

You never forget what you do and learn, it is an amazing experince of learning, living, making friends, and having fun, alltogether. Uppsala is lovely, managers of the program are realy friendly, people are so nice, and teachers are really expert.

Perfect Swedish Summer

My summer in Uppsala was my first time visiting Sweden and it turned one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had abroad. I arrived with absolutely no knowledge of the
language and knowing very little about the culture and by the time I left I have acquired both and much more. From the beginning on we got immersed in everything Swedish and
I had every opportunity to learn about and experience life in Sweden. With the
different courses and trips we had I got to know most of the things that make
Sweden such a unique country. I would not have believed it before I came here
but I now have a good grasp of the Swedish language. And I had so much fun
learning it and sharing the experiences with all the new friends I found here. I
would definitely be clearing my next-year summer schedule for another course
with UISS and another marvelous Swedish summer.

• The Campus

A couldn't be better experience

Learning Swedish is fun and effective when you attend UISS with all the amazing teachers and staff. Not to mention all the friends that you are going to meet here. I believe you will have a great time and learn lots of Swedish. Sign up for UISS now!

My review for Uppsala

Overall I had a great time. I really enjoyed the Swedish history class and by the end of my trip felt a lot more comfortable with my Swedish. I met a lot of great people with similar interests, and really liked the instructors.

Learning Swedish with UISS

I went to Sweden/Uppsala/UISS in order to learn the Swedish language. UISS provides an excellent method of learning not only the Swedish language but also the Swedish way of life. I only can recommend becoming a student at UISS

Sommaren var fantastisk!

Jag had det sao bra i Uppsala! Jag hoppas att jag faor komma tillbaka darfoer att jag vill laera mig mer svenska (och hur man kan skriva den pao datorer!) Det aer lite isolerande om man aer en gammal gubbe mellan sao maonga yngar men jag hade den sao bra att jag fortsaetter att droemma pao programmet. Egentligen! Det aer bra och det betyder att min svensk har kommit tillbaka om jag droemmer pao svenska. Jag har droemmit om farmor igen ochsao. Tack ska ni ha foer det!