University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC SPAIN: Madrid-Spanish Language, Art, & Spanish Studies

The city that never sleeps.

Madrid is one of those cities just like New York that never sleeps. From morning to night, there is always something to while in Madrid. One of my favorite places to visit daily was Retiro Park which is a massive park with small cafes, beautiful gardens, futbol and people walking and talking. Not to mention the crystal palace is also located within this park, the people there were always super friendly. At night Madrid has bars that you could always attend, as well as night clubs that don't really get going until around 2am. Yes that is correct, so if you love your sleep then Madrid might not be the city for you, but if you are looking for a great time abroad and an amazing experience, then you might want to give Madrid a look.

Amazing

Had on amazing experience.

I love USAC

I would definitely recommend this program to everyone, the prices are great and so was the experience.

Madrid

I wish I would have been prepared on how and what to order in bars and restaurants. I felt very prepared and well taken care of all the time. The best summer of my life, apart from the time I have spent with my parents.

USAC Madrid

It is a good, fun program that is very focused on academics

USAC Review- Madrid

I really enjoy all the people, staff, and teachers in this program, also I enjoy with a host family.

I Love USAC

USAC Madrid

It is a good, fun program that is very focused on academics.

USAC Review - Madrid

I really enjoy all the people, staff and teachers in this program. Also, I enjoy living with a host family.

This Program Was Incredible!

This program was incredible! Although it was definitely easier academically, I learned SO much more Spanish from the classes/my homestay. They also have classes in government, art history, literature, etc. And, there are no classes on Fridays, so it's great for traveling. Madrid is known for its party scene, so there was always something going on...at any hour. The directors of the program, Susan, Gabriella, and Alvaro, were incredible and helpful with absolutely everything (whether you get sick or want a cool restaurant, they are there). Most of the people are from the west coast, which was definitely new for me. And, you have an option of doing a homestay or apartment. My homestay was incredible! Buena suerte!! Have fun!