University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC ITALY: Torino-International Business/Politics & Art

GoAbroad with USAC

Torino, Italy will always hold a special place in my heart. The city and people became my home away from home. I meet some of my best friends through this program and can't thank USAC and Italy enough for introducing me to some amazing people. USAC provides great, unique locations. Torino allows you to fully immerse yourself in the Italian culture underneath the Italian Alps. By living in Torino I was able to work on my Italian language skills by interacting with locals every day.

Torino is a great central location and it was very easy to travel anywhere in Europe by train or plane and not to mention seeing the Italian Alps every day was an added bonus.

I was able to take classes that directly transferred to my major going to the Torino business school. The classes included a lot of group projects and it was very easy to do class work and travel on the weekends. Although there isn't many class options, the Italian class was very helpful living in Torino, where English isn't as common as some of the more well-known cities.

The USAC program allows students to live in different buildings all over the city. For this reason, each apartment has a different landlord and you get to interact directly with your landlord. The landlord I had was very nice and helpful. Our washing machine broke the first month and they got us a new one immediately. Also since students live in different buildings each apartment is different from the next.

I would definitely recommend studying abroad, it was the best four months. When it comes to study abroad programs, USAC is an affordable choice and has very unique locations.

USAC-Torino: Big city, green parks, authentic opportunities, lifelong friends

Before going to Torino in January, 2014, I was nervous. Looking back I now realize that there was nothing to be nervous about! USAC organized my study abroad experience in the perfect way - the essentials were taken care of, there was flexibility available with housing, classes, and internships if needed, and I went on to have the best time of my life. The staff is AMAZING.

Torino is the perfect city to study in in Italy because there are very few Americans/other foreigners, meaning that you get an authentic, cultural experience! I was able to meet local Italian students, along with some of my best friends from all over the U.S. and the world. I became friends with the owners of a local gelato shop (Pianeta Gelato (Planet gelato, in English)) and even teared up when I had to bid them farewell. Classes are at a perfect caliber of difficulty - the staff knows that you want to travel and experience Italy, but they also expect you to learn during your "study abroad" time! The internships available also provide students with great opportunities to get hands on experience in various areas of interest.

Torino has beautiful parks and biking/walking/rollerblading paths along the Po river that connect downtown to the school. Parco Valentino is a wonderful place to hang out in a green space as well! There are endless museums, shops, restaurants and activities available all the time. Plus, Torino is in the perfect location to travel to other countries in Europe.

Take part in the included field trips that USAC organizes and if possible, go on the weekend trip with your entire program (Spring semester goes to Venice!). I met some of my best friends on this trip because the whole group goes to a single location for an entire weekend.

I wouldn't change my experience one bit, and I have USAC to thank for that!

USAC rocks

I can't say enough about Torino and the program. It was best time of my life. I reocmmend it to anyone. I'm happy I did it through USAC. great program, great location for traveling, good teachers and staff, good living arrangements with wireless. The pizza is the best! Loved cuisine class and the italian teachers. Planning a reunion in Vegas this summer. juve rocks

Thanks USAC!

no way - i don't agree with the bad review on here. i was there fall semester and it was the best 4 months i ever had. way better than staying in the states. go, see the world, travel, live it up. you will never forget the friends you make and the cool things you see. thanks to the torino staff for all they do for students. sorry some don't appreciate it. thanks for helping us when we need it. i'm stoked i went. wish i could go back. if i can find a job i will. thanks USAC!

BEST summer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did this program last summer and it was the most awesome time of my life!!! Learned all the basics in Intro to Italian class. Bruna was rerally nice, fun teacher. Staff was nice and knew a lot about city,culture, ,good travel advice, even helped one girl who needed to go to the hospital. they took us cool places too like riviera tothe beach, boat rideS, a beaautiful lake and villa, castles and museums. I recommend it to everyone! Stay both sessions it goes fast! we were in nice apartments around city. i even had a big single room. no AC but that's Italy! Midtown was fun good area. JUST GO ! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

What an Experience

The experience of studying abroad is something you can not just read about in a textbook. You must experience it for yourself!
I recommend the USAC program to anyone.

Great authentic experience!! GO , DO IT!

USAC Torino is a great, organized, friendly program, pretty big group (60) many Americans but also many students from around Europe, Mexico, Australia, etc.... good professors and classes. Take it seriously -- they count absences -- but you learn a lot and staff is very helpful and always available for you. Best experience of my life so far. Good job, USAC! Keep it up.

My second Home

Torino, was one of the best decisions I ever made. USAC was super affordable and made things pretty easy since everything was in one spot online.

When I was in Italy I loved living in a city where I was the only study abroad program. I was able to meet tons of locals and really immerse myself in the culture. The staff was super helpful on site with housing and getting use to the customs. The staff also planed day trips and longer trips we could go on. We got to visit different local business dealing with food and beverage, and also got to visit the FIAT factory.

Living in Torino was amazing there was so much to do outside, liking running along the Poe ( the largest river in Italy) biking the streets and just exploring the city. There are also tons of museums to explore and old castles. When I was there I even got to do the Color Run.

The food there was incredible. I loved taking USAC's cooking class, not only do you learn so much but you get to eat what you make. There are tons of little coffee shops to try and trust me it will be the best coffee you ever drink.

I was worried what type of place I'd be living in before going abroad, but I was pleased to find that the apartments we lived in were actually pretty nice. We didn't have something we have in the US like a dryer but you learn quickly to live without one.

If you are thinking about going abroad, defiantly check out USAC. They were super helpful in the process and they were cheaper than my schools instate tuition. So stop thinking and just do!!

Italy is great but USAC not so much

I had booked the group flight with usac to make sure I would have someone that meets me at the airport. Well there was a situation in Frankfurt and about 15 USAC students were stuck there overnight unable to get ahold of USAC or understand the language. The group of us had to figure out how to book everything ourselves and we didn't hear from USAC until we had already completed it all and they only gave us information that we had provided them with. When we finally got to Italy everyone had to find their way to the group and didn't get to participate in any of the group activities the first two days but did not get reimbursed for those costs. USAC does not tell you of all the initial costs required by the government when you first get there and also doesn't help you situate a metro pass. a phone plan or how to get around the city. This program helps you with the bare minimum and does not inform you on much of the information you need. If USAC was not involved my trip was great but if USAC was it was usually confusing, frustrating and expensive.

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review October 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry your semester abroad is off to a frustrating start. We appreciate hearing how our programs can be improved. Feel free to email me with more specifics at daniellelongley@unr.edu as we would definitely like to smooth out any organizational issues you experienced for our future students.