University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC CZECH REPUBLIC: Prague - European Politics & Culture

Czech it Out--USAC Prague know's what it's doing!

Studying abroad through USAC was one of the best decisions of my life!

The program in Prague is fantastic from start to finish. The program staff in Prague are engaging, interesting and helpful. The classes offered helped me learn so much about Central Europe and the Czech Republic (both past and present day) and the teachers were genuinely interested in sharing their experiences with students.

Every weekend an excursion was offered, but students were not forced to participate. This allowed us the opportunity to explore on our own, or take part in a larger experience we may not have been able to do without the organization of the staff. We lived in apartments about 15 minutes from school which forced us to become familiar with our chosen city.

While it was not total immersion (classes were only offered in English, and we lived with all Americans) the experiences and opportunities provided created an understanding for the culture I never could have gained otherwise.

Overall, I feel like USAC Prague provided the perfect amount of guidance as well as independence for young travelers. We knew were to go if we needed help, but they encouraged us to get to know the city we were calling home for 4-10months. USAC Prague inspired within me a love for Prague, Czech people and their culture that I will never lose.

I loved my time in Prague

I loved my time in Prague. Loved living in a neighborhood, loved my teachers. Prague is amazing and the program took us on wonderful tours.

Amazing!

Studying English and enjoying life in Prague

USAC program provides me perfect environment to study English as most of the USAC students are Americans. This is a thing for me as i'm from Korea. This program also gives me the chance to live a life in wonderful Prague and there are programs including short trips, hiking, and etc that students can enjoy easily as well. However, the number of the classes that i can take is quite limited and most of the classes except for one is held in a small building which is not university.

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review October 19, 2016 at 4:10 PM

We’re glad you’re enjoying life in Prague! If you have any suggestions on how we could improve our program, please feel free to reach out to me at: daniellelongley@unr.edu.

A summer to remember in Prague!

I spent 6 weeks in Prague for the summer session 2 through USAC. My time there was one I will cherish for the rest of my life! To start off, Prague is an immensely gorgeous city, quite possibly the most beautiful in all of Europe! Everywhere you look there are quaint cobblestone streets, red rooftops, and intricately designed buildings lining every street that make you feel as if you're wandering through a medieval city! There are literally surprises around every corner, and it is safe enough that you can go wandering the streets on your own (which I did countless times) and feel completely comfortable.

Prague is an incredibly liveable city as well. Their metro, bus, and tram systems are very easy to use, though intimidating at first. Once you get the hang of them you truly feel you can navigate the city with confidence. There are many parks and places to relax like the locals, which are especially relieving after spending time in the tourist clogged Old Town Square or Charles Bridge (both still incredible despite the tourists). Everyday is exciting and offers something new to explore! Not to mention, Prague is in the heart of Europe so it makes traveling to other countries insanely easy and affordable!

I chose this program because it was the most inexpensive option in Europe. I did not know much about Prague or the Czech Republic before choosing this program, but once I spent some time there it quickly found a permanent place in my heart! The classes I took were enjoyable and the USAC advisors are the friendliest, nicest, most helpful people you will ever meet! I can't say enough good things about this experience! I also participated in the study tour to Vienna and Budapest (highly recommended) and was initially worried that my dietary restrictions (vegetarian) might be an issue, but to my pleasant surprise they were always very attentive to that aspect and I ended up having plenty of amazing meals despite living in an area known for meat and potatoes!

I recommend this program to absolutely anyone! Even if it may not be your first European choice, I think you should take the chance and let Prague take you under her wing! I can not rave enough about the value of this program! I gained so much and somehow found out things about myself I never knew!

Go to Prague, you will never forget the magic of this majestic city, and USAC will make the experience even greater!