University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC AUSTRALIA: Gold Coast & Brisbane - Full Curriculum

The "Baby Step" Country!

My time in Gold Coast, Australia was surprising in so many ways; it seemed like life Down Under was surprisingly similar to life back home, which was both good and bad, but every day I would discover something that was so different from life in America. While I am happy I went and made lifelong memories and friends, I was a little disappointed at just how similar life in Oz really is. I was expecting cultural immersion and to learn all about a new country and culture, but the culture shock I did get was from realizing the slightly underwhelming familiarity of everything. If you're looking for a study abroad experience that is a "baby step" to travelling, then Australia is the place! But overall, the university and classes were great, I have amazing friends, and saw amazing things that I won't soon forget!

Review for AUS life

Australian didn't speak proper English and they don't like other English countries as well.
They don't say "You're Welcome" in Australia. The program is good because they have 5-star hotels on the Gold Coast and it's a great opportunity to see amazing hotels and there are good opportunities afterward to go work there. However, it is very expensive.

Alright

USAC didn't really do much for us. I never got to meet all of the other students in the program. However, I loved Griffith! There are so many international students. It's great meeting so many people from all over the world.