University of Toronto TEFL Online

My experience of tefl Online at the U of Toronto -

I have taken this course between June and August 2013 and then two modules which were Teaching English for Young Learners and Business English.
In a modern environment and completely on-line delivery this course taught me everything I need to have the confidence to apply for a TEFL teaching job. The course has a lot of video and audio that add more to the information and advice from the experts. I think that this course fully covers the theoretical and practical aspects that you might need to know to be a successful teacher. I highly recommend this class especially that it is backed by Teach Away's support for you to find your dream teaching job.

Great course!

I enrolled in the University of Toronto's TEFL Online course as I was looking for an online TEFL certificate that would assist me with teaching abroad. I found the course to be very practical, with lots of useful information and suggestions that I will be able to apply when working with ESL learners. It was great to be able to work at my own pace through the course and I have kept copies of the additional hand outs that are provided throughout the units. Overall, I found this course to be a great addition to my education degree and I look forward to using my new skills when I teach abroad in South America later this year!

View detailed rating

Loved the course, thanks U of T TEFL!

I signed up for the University of Toronto's TEFL course primarily because the course was developed by - and the certificate is issued by - an academic institution and imagined that U of T would be recognized by employers. I am also in full time employment as was attracted by the fact that the course was self paced.
I loved the course and I learned more than I thought I would! I'm now about to start looking for a position overseas but really feel that I am prepared to start teaching abroad.

Overall Good

My overall experience with this certificate program was good. I enjoyed the structure of the classes and found the curriculum easy to follow. Exams were not too tricky but still required concrete knowledge of class material. Material was, in my opinion, too theoretical.