University of Toronto TEFL Online

Location

-Multi-Country Locations

Length of Position: 100-hour, 120-hour or 150-hour course options

Description

The University of Toronto's TEFL Online certificate program offers TEFL instruction from a top 20 university in conjunction with job placement services from Teach Away, the world's leading international teacher recruitment agency. It is a 100% online course that can be completed at any pace, from anywhere; even a mobile device.

University of Toronto TEFL Online offers 100, 120 and 150-hour course options to cater for all levels of teachers and their learning needs.

Graduates of TEFL Online are equipped with the skills and knowledge to teach English effectively and the support and resources to translate that knowledge into a teaching job abroad.

Highlights

Why Choose TEFL Online?

* University of Toronto: a Global Leader

By taking a course created by the University of Toronto, prospective educators can be assured that they are receiving instruction from one of the top 20 universities in the world.

TEFL Online was designed by experts from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), which is the Faculty of Education at the University of Toronto. Each course designer possesses a strong theoretical and academic background in TEFL, accompanied by practical hands-on experience in both domestic and international settings.

* Accessibility

TEFL Online is a 100% online, self-directed course, meaning it can completed at any pace, from anywhere, including on mobile devices. Designed using the latest technologies in online learning, TEFL Online from the University of Toronto is the first mobile-accessible TEFL certification course in the world.

* Job Placement through Teach Away Inc.

The University of Toronto's TEFL Online course is offered in conjunction with Teach Away, the world leader in international teacher recruitment. Each year Teach Away places thousands of teachers in rewarding and engaging international teaching placements. Through Teach Away Inc., graduates of TEFL Online have direct access to Teach Away's worldwide network of international ESL teaching jobs.

10 Overall Experience

Loved the course, thanks U of T TEFL!

I signed up for the University of Toronto's TEFL course primarily because the course was developed by - and the certificate is issued by - an academic institution and imagined that U of T would be recognized by employers. I am also in full time employment as was attracted by the fact that the course was self paced.
I loved the course and I learned more than I thought I would! I'm now about to start looking for a position overseas but really feel that I am prepared to start teaching abroad.

Great course!

I enrolled in the University of Toronto's TEFL Online course as I was looking for an online TEFL certificate that would assist me with teaching abroad. I found the course to be very practical, with lots of useful information and suggestions that I will be able to apply when working with ESL learners. It was great to be able to work at my own pace through the course and I have kept copies of the additional hand outs that are provided throughout the units. Overall, I found this course to be a great addition to my education degree and I look forward to using my new skills when I teach abroad in South America later this year!

My experience of tefl Online at the U of Toronto -

I have taken this course between June and August 2013 and then two modules which were Teaching English for Young Learners and Business English.
In a modern environment and completely on-line delivery this course taught me everything I need to have the confidence to apply for a TEFL teaching job. The course has a lot of video and audio that add more to the information and advice from the experts. I think that this course fully covers the theoretical and practical aspects that you might need to know to be a successful teacher. I highly recommend this class especially that it is backed by Teach Away's support for you to find your dream teaching job.