OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study Abroad and Exchange at UC

A Great Experience

This exchange program is one of the best experiences I've ever had! If you ever get the chance to do it, DEFINITELY take that chance! You will not regret it. So many wonderful memories will be made here! The people are great, the UC Staff is very helpful & they work hard to provide us with everything we need as exchange students. This program will let you explore and learn so much about yourself, about Australian culture & life, and it will definitely help you grow as a person. It's a once in a lifetime experience, and think of all the great stories you'll get to take back home with you as well :)
One thing I've learned is, people complain about how Canberra is boring, however, if you know where to find the fun, you won't have enough time in your schedule for everything. I know this because that's what my experience was like. My schedule is super packed with schoolwork, fun & exciting events, trips, and PARTIES! So don't let anyone tell you that you can't have fun here! I'm from New York, one of the most exciting city's in the world, and I'm telling you right now, if Canberra is anything, it's not boring.

Best experience

Is my best experience ever in my life, the staff from exchange office is really hepful. However, Living on campus is so expensive, and we have to pay for weeks that we will not stay, as the semester finished on may, but we have to pay accomoddation on campues until july the 7th

University of Canberra Exchange

I absolutely loved my time in Canberra. It is a very central location. You get the quiet side but are just a 10 minute bus ride from the city which has a great nightlife. It is also a good place to be able to travel to different places in Australia. The exchange program was amazing. They planned so many different activities for us to help us all get to know each other and explore Australia for a decent prices. The exchange ambassadors are seriously the greatest part because they know what you're going through and know the area and are really friendly. Definitely recommend coming to UC!

Loved where I lived and the set up; however, it was very dirty when I arrived even after paying a down deposit and being told I'd be charged if I leave it dirty.

An Experience of a Lifetime

The opportunity to be a part of the UC Exchange Program has been one of the best decisions of my life! Canberra itself get's a reputation for not being as interesting as other Australian cities, but really, it is what YOU make of it! The city didn't matter to me in the end because once I got here, there were so many activities offered it was difficult to keep track. Coming from New York City I was a little worried that I might be bored or unimpressed...I was so happily surprised. The academics are easy to keep up with and there's enough time in between to enjoy your time in Australia. The staff at the Study Abroad office are so helpful in helping you find your feet and even throughout the exchange, they're always there for any sort of support. Because of the events planned through the Study Abroad office it was so easy to make friends and I know that I am going to leave this program having made friends for a lifetime. Overall, my Exchange to UC has been an overwhelming experience filled with so many laughs, unforgettable moments and a really fulfilling cultural education.

The best semester!

Being exchange student in Canberra has been amazing experience! I love Aussies relaxed -no worries- culture, it's so easy to find new friends! It's also awesome that ambassadors has organised trips and events to us! That wouldn't never happen in Finland! Also all the events that uni has organized has been well-organized and planned.

Small and Spectacular

Studying at the University of Canberra was absolutely incredible. It is very underestimated and can be stereotyped as boring. After living here for almost 6 months, I would have to completely disagree and say that it is the most exciting, friendliest place to go abroad in Australia. I was somewhat surprised by the conditions of the ressies when I arrived, but I decorated my room, settled in, got to know my roomies, and it became my home and family. The campus is a great atmosphere, and I must say that coming here, I have never felt so welcomed and so recognized in my life. I enjoyed the attention of being 'the American' living on res, and it just made me feel alive. It is very important to make friends right away because that is when the strongest relationships are formed. The friends that I met on that first day are now my best Aussie friends and we have dinners together all the time, even though we leave on completely different levels of Old Res. UC is great socially, academically, and culturally. It was also nice having the lectures taped so that I didn't feel obligated to attend lectures when I other assignments were priority, and for travelling purposes. Canberra is also nice in that it is a few hours from the coast, Sydney, and somewhat near Melbourne. It does not cost much to travel to any of these places for a weekend or the day. If you love nature and the small community feel, then you will love this place and feel so at home even though you are surrounded by Australians. Give UC a chance, and you will not regret it!

View detailed rating

A small but spectacular place to go abroad

8 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Great Program, school is okay, Canberra is a really cool place to live. There is lots to do and very accessible to the rest of Australia.

7 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Great experience in a beautiful country!

Australia is worth visit!!! Uni of Canberra is a calm and supportive leaded uni. The study abroad office is very helpful and present. Accomodation is expensive and sometimes the maintainance is problematic.
Aussies are sympatic, great and open-minded people, no safety problems at all (if you look for trouble you find it everywhere..!).