University of Canberrahttp://www.canberra.edu.au/study-abroad
University Drive, Bruce, ACT 2617 Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia
Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
The University of Canberra is Australia's Capital University. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in coursework and research. The University of Canberra also has a study abroad and exchange program that allows students to study for 1 semester or 1 year. Located in Australia's capital city, it has 12,000 students and 2500 of those are international students from over 100 different countries.
In 2012, the University of Canberra is yet again ranked in the top 10 in teaching and learning in Australia with an overall rating of 7 for teaching quality out of 39 universities in Australia (Australian Graduate Survey and Course Experience Questionnaire)
The University of Canberra is noted by the Good Universities Guide for:
* 5 Stars for getting job - 12 years running
* 5 Stars for positive graduate outcomes
We are also ranked 9th in overall student satisfaction.
The degree program tuition varies between programs. If a student wishes to study for a semester or for a year, the tuition is AUD 8000 a semester.
Studying your degree abroad or taking part in a Student Exchange is your "passport to the world" and an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
It is an opportunity to expand your educational horizons; and enhance your qualifications with an international perspective.
Being transplanted from the familiar to the unfamiliar provides a unique opportunity for self-discovery, as well as personal, academic and professional growth.
The University of Canberra is a young vibrant university with a focus on learning and creativity, as well as creating rewarding opportunities and positive outcomes for its students. UC has students from over 80 different countries worldwide.
The University specialises in what it calls Professional Preparation for Professional Careers. This combines work-integrated learning with a high standard of course work and theory, and means that students in most courses find themselves working hands-on in their chosen field before graduation.
This preparation is one reason for the popularity of UC graduates with employers, and their excellent starting salaries.
The University of Canberra is a single campus set on 120 hectares of native bushland, with tall trees, resident kangaroos and abundant bird life. It is within walking distance of a major shopping centre with cinema complex, restaurants and all amenities. It's also just ten minutes from Canberra's city centre.
UC is two hours by car from the beautiful white surf beaches of Australia's south coast, and the same distance from the Snowy Mountains for winter skiing or summer hiking.
It is a great central location from which to explore one of the world's great tourist destinations.
When you are not in class you can laze on the lawn, use the computer labs open 24/7, or study in the library. For the more active souls, you can use the gym, walk by the lake or join one of the many sports teams. 'The Hub' is the commercial centre of UC where you can drink, eat, have your hair cut, do your banking, mail things home, buy your books, and plan your travels around Australia.
Combine our applied learning approach, academic excellence, and vibrant campus life, and its clear why our university is a great choice for you! For more details, contact us.
* Two semesters per year commencing in February and July.
* A choice of more than 3000 subjects in a diverse range of disciplines.
* A low student to lecturer ratio meaning smaller online campus class sizes with more personal attention from lecturers and tutors
* A safe, friendly, multicultural environment
* Lecturers that are recognised throughout the world for their excellence in teaching.
* Fantastic social activities planned such as Surf Camp, beach days and Aussie BBQs.
* An opportunity to learn about the Australian lifestyle and culture without interrupting your studies or career path
* A location where you can enjoy and participate in the authentic Australian lifestyle.
* Free airport/train/bus pick up service on arrival
* Full support from the Study Abroad and Exchange Office for pre-arrival assistance, enrolment, orientation and general advising
Each semester starts with the excitement of O-week and our Orientation Trip, a weekend to Sydney and either the Blue Mountains or Manly Beach depending on the season. Our office also works with Surf Camp Australia to provide students with the opportunity to try surfing over an action packed weekend at Seven Mile Beach. A third trip later on in the semester will take you to either the Blue Mountains for a weekend of Australian wildlife and hiking or to the South coast to soak up the sun and practice your new surf skills.
The Study Abroad and Exchange Office also runs an Ambassador Program (for Australian students returning from exchange) and Buddy Program to assist in organising activities in accordance with student interest. In the first couple of weeks, the office hosts a Buddy BBQ to pair international students with domestic student buddies to assist in adjusting to life at UC and Australia in general. Through the Ambassador Program, Australian students organize special events and outings such as:
- International Dessert Night
- Halloween Party
- Canberra's Cultural Festivals
- Local Hikes
The possibilities are endless and our office works to ensure that no one will return home disappointed!
Clubs and Societies:
* Sports: aikido, badminton, basketball, cricket, dragon boating, football, gridiron, hockey, netball, rugby league, rugby union, snowsports, touch football, volleyball
* Faculty: advertising and marketing, architecture, pharmacy, commerce, health and nursing, education, environment and sustainability, nutrition, graphic design, industrial design, law, landscape architecture, media production, planning, journalism, psychology, public relations
* Cultural and Social: Ethnic (African, Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Malaysian, Saudi, Vietnamese), Language (Chinese, Spanish, Japanese), debating, religious, international, salsa, music, radio station, student events and campus community
Other Options at UC:
Study Your Degree at UC!
We offer a broad range of undergraduate/postgraduate programs. We especially excel in:
- Business and Government
Study English in the national capital. UC English Language Institute (UCELI ) offers a range of English programs for individual students and visiting groups, from Elementary to Advanced levels. These include General and Academic English, Study Tours, English + Social Program and English for Teachers.
* Dedicated, experienced and highly qualified teachers
* Excellent student satisfaction rate
* Small class sizes with great nationality mix - there are over 20 nationalities at UCELI
* On campus location where students are fully integrated with University life with access to all University facilities
* Modern teaching resources including Smart boards and International Learning and Teaching Centre (ILTC )
* Highly communicative and modern teaching methods
* Regular cultural excursions and social activities
* The only IELTS testing centre in Canberra.
* Direct pathways into courses at the University of Canberra including TESOL, Information Technology, Business Informatics, Sports Management, Tourism and Advertising and Marketing
* one of the oldest English Language Centres in Australia, established in 1969
The University of Canberra English Language Institute (UCELI) has prepared international students for entry to the University of Canberra since 1969. Of special interest is the English Access Program (EAP) and Postgraduate Preparation Program (PPP) which provide direct entry pathways into all courses at the University as well as the University of Canberra College.
UCELI is the only IELTS test centre in Canberra and also offers IELTS preparation courses.
UCELI teachers are highly qualified and have vast international experience. Classes are conducted in a new building and there is full access to University facilities, including the International Learning and Teaching Resource Centre within UCELI.
A typical daily schedule includes exercises and activities around Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking the English Language.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Study Abroad fees in 2013 are AUD 8,000 a semester. English Language programs AUD 385 per week in 2013. Full degree programs range, please check the website for more information.
Independently or in Groups
The University of Canberra is Australia's Capital University. Our role is to serve Canberra, its surrounding communities and its partners through education and research. In doing so we value: service to our students and our disciplines; education as a transformative experience for all people irrespective of their origins, age and circumstances, to be used for the public good; research which has as its end the improvement of culture, society and the natural environment, for the benefit of generations yet to be born; vocational relevance to longstanding and emerging professions; and entrepreneurial spirit that drives innovation and growth.
While at UC I studied file production and learnt a lot about the differences in teaching methods and studying techniques. I made life long friends from all over the world and studying abroad was de...More
I really enjoyed studying at the University of Canberra. I was able to develop close friendships with students from all over the world and the small school environment made me feel like I wasn't ju...More
It was really nice experiencing studying in another country because it was so different from my home university. There are so many nice people that support you and help you extend your knowledge. I...More
The University of Canberra's Study Abroad and Exchange Program integrates you really well into Australian culture. There is a friendly, social atmosphere about the campus and the small class sizes ...More
I decided to study at the University of Canberra because they had a great academic program for business. While studying here I learnt a lot about the Australian culture and loved the fact that I wo...More
Did you participate on a program with University of Canberra?
Share your thoughts!