OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study Abroad and Exchange at UC

10 Overall Rating

A Great Experience

This exchange program is one of the best experiences I've ever had! If you ever get the chance to do it, DEFINITELY take that chance! You will not regret it. So many wonderful memories will be made here! The people are great, the UC Staff is very helpful & they work hard to provide us with everything we need as exchange students. This program will let you explore and learn so much about yourself, about Australian culture & life, and it will definitely help you grow as a person. It's a once in a lifetime experience, and think of all the great stories you'll get to take back home with you as well :)
One thing I've learned is, people complain about how Canberra is boring, however, if you know where to find the fun, you won't have enough time in your schedule for everything. I know this because that's what my experience was like. My schedule is super packed with schoolwork, fun & exciting events, trips, and PARTIES! So don't let anyone tell you that you can't have fun here! I'm from New York, one of the most exciting city's in the world, and I'm telling you right now, if Canberra is anything, it's not boring.

9 Overall Rating

The best semester!

Being exchange student in Canberra has been amazing experience! I love Aussies relaxed -no worries- culture, it's so easy to find new friends! It's also awesome that ambassadors has organised trips and events to us! That wouldn't never happen in Finland! Also all the events that uni has organized has been well-organized and planned.

9 Overall Rating

An Experience of a Lifetime

The opportunity to be a part of the UC Exchange Program has been one of the best decisions of my life! Canberra itself get's a reputation for not being as interesting as other Australian cities, but really, it is what YOU make of it! The city didn't matter to me in the end because once I got here, there were so many activities offered it was difficult to keep track. Coming from New York City I was a little worried that I might be bored or unimpressed...I was so happily surprised. The academics are easy to keep up with and there's enough time in between to enjoy your time in Australia. The staff at the Study Abroad office are so helpful in helping you find your feet and even throughout the exchange, they're always there for any sort of support. Because of the events planned through the Study Abroad office it was so easy to make friends and I know that I am going to leave this program having made friends for a lifetime. Overall, my Exchange to UC has been an overwhelming experience filled with so many laughs, unforgettable moments and a really fulfilling cultural education.