University of Cambridge Header Image University of Cambridge Header Image

University of Cambridge International Summer Programmes

Do it!

Cambridge Summer Schools really is the most unique holiday and learning experience. To start with, Cambridge is a stunning city - groaning with history and incredibly beautiful. Then there's the opportunity to live in a Cambridge college (en-suite most definitely worth it) which tricks you into thinking you are a local. And the courses! The subjects on offer are fascinating - from medieval to modern history; philosophy and literature to Shakespeare. All depends on getting a good lecturer, but the majority, from my experience, are first class and just how you dream a Cambridge academic should be. You need no qualifications or prior learning and classes are varied in age and nationality. Lots of spare time to explore the city and the lovely pubs. So it's like combining a fab holiday with an incredible and uplifting learning experience. I've been four times and keep going back!

Addicted to Cambridge

I am a regular. My first time in Cambridge was 2011 and it immediately became an addiction. Never in my life have I experienced anything like that. The programmes are brilliant, the lecturers are renowned in their fields, the people coming from all over the world are great! The whole package just simply broadens your horizon and there is nothing like it anywhere in the world. I have made some great friends all over the world due to Cambridge summer schools, I have learned so much with the courses there and I have had a true Cambridge experience...

Rarified Air

For two weeks, I took classes, had meals and socialized with kindred spirits from all around the globe. The professors who taught the courses in the Shakespeare Program were passionate about their specific areas of study, they were enthusiastic about sharing their wealth of knowledge, and they were actually interested in our ideas. The staff members and student assistants of the International Summer School Program were helpful, patient and friendly--so were the porters in the college where I stayed. My classmates and I visited historical landmarks, took a trip to see a play at the Globe, and watched outdoor productions of Shakespeare's plays in the gardens of some of the colleges. This was such a remarkable experience, it is still having an affect on me--as a teacher and in general. It was a gift to myself to immerse myself in serious, joyful contemplation--and riding my rented bike every day was a treat.

Participant in Cambridge International Summer Schools for 23 Years

Living and studying in Cambridge each summer for the last 23 years are highlights of each year. I look forward to seeing the course list in December and registering for another summer study program.

One of the best parts of this program is being able to study with people from all over the world.

Memorable two-weeks in Cambridge

My wife and I live in Melbourne Australia and we went to Cambridge in the second half of July this year. We enrolled in the "Interdisciplinary Program" and for both of us it was an amazing experience. Totally positive from every point of view. We stayed at Selwyn College, quite near where our lectures were held, and we thoroughly enjoyed college life. We met so many interesting people. In fact, the people we met came from 21 different countries in addition to quite a strong scattering of Australians - amazingly, there were even two people whom we had never met from our own street in Melbourne! We did a history subject and a philosophy subject and they were both first class. The lecturers were vibrant/interesting/knowledgeable/personable and we were delighted with our choices. The program also included visiting speakers who were obviously hand-picked and all fascinating. In addition to the lectures, the people and the college experience, there was also the ancient town of Cambridge, which is just lovely and offers a delightful environment to explore.
The trip for us from Melbourne to Cambridge takes well over 24 hours, but as far as we are concerned, it was totally worthwhile.