University College Dublin Header Image University College Dublin Header Image

University College Dublin, Study Abroad Program

My trip wasn't long enough

Studying abroad was not always a part of my plan for college. I arrived a nervous, alone, upper class men that was forced to relive the awkward freshmen experience. I didn’t know a soul that came over with me and meeting a whole new set of temporary friends wasn’t exactly something I was looking forward to. The University College Dublin’s Study Abroad Program was something I didn’t expect from such a large university. My home university is a small private school and I purposefully went there because of the personal relationships with professors and administration. I wasn’t aware that such a large school could give me the same attention. I wasn’t just another number in a system. The program offered countless activities and trips that I saved money on. Leaders like Lisa Kehoe, organized cultural experiences that I hadn’t even thought of getting involved in. In addition to her travel advice, she provided a fun energy that kept students wanting to come back. The entire organization is full of accommodating, delightful, and energetic people who made Dublin my new home. I will absolutely recommend UCD to any friends in the future.

UCD spring 2016

The administration conducting the program was amazing, incredibly helpful staff that ensured your time at UCD went as smooth as possible. Compared to my home university, I found the academics to be easier overall and 3/4 of my professors were particularly great teachers. Personally I lived off campus so I don't have much to say about campus accommodation.

Fantastic biosystems engineering experience

UCD has state of the art buildings, renowned professors, and incredible advisors. I studied abroad in Spring of 2016 for the whole semester and the academic experience far surpassed what I had imagined. The advisors were always willing to chat and help you out if needed which was a big help for me. The UCD campus is beautiful with two ponds that students regularly sit and hang out. All of my professors had "open office hours" so that you could approach them at any time if you needed help. The international office at UCD did a great job of scheduling coach bus trips to popular tourist areas around Ireland and most of these trips were even free. The campus food was great with a café in almost every building which made getting food in between classes easy and convenient. Social life is very good in Dublin and UCD is just a short 30 min bus ride from the city centre with buses coming every 20 minutes typically. There is even a bus stop on campus which makes it easy to travel into the city; I did it about 4 times a week for leisure and nightly social life. I highly recommend this program after having the best 4 months of my life and still stay in touch with the Irish friends I made at UCD.

Study Abroad Experience 2015

It was the most grand experience of my life. It went above and beyond my expectations. What I loved the most was how helpful the staff was. I never felt lost. It also helped making friends with Irish students.

UCD architecture study abroad has been great!

I'm an architecture student from a liberal arts college, so I came to the UCD school of architecture for a more rigorous immersion. I've learned so much from my studio and I love it.
I lived with three other American students. I don't mind that there are actually a lot of Americans on campus, but I hope that I was told about that before I arrive. I've made a few Irish students and they're all very nice.
The center for study abroad is great in providing services and trips! Overall, a great semester abroad!

Quaint study abroad experience

UCD is a great school! I am studying abroad here and I have had a lot of fun traveling, engaging in sports, and hanging out with friends. What's more, I have enjoying a very diverse course load. Overall, I'd recommend to anyone!

University College Dublin

The experience was great in becoming better acquainted with life outside of school, helping to prepare me for my coming graduation. The people I met were very kind and a pleasure to be around. That said, it would have been nice to know ahead of time that the University College Dublin has a high rate of study abroad and transfer students from the United States. It was a great experience and I am grateful that I was able to travel during my time as a senior.

Study Abroad

UCD was a really nice school. I wished they mixed students who stayed on campus with other countries, I ended up rooming with only other Americans. Also that they did not inform us they kept pots and pans in the room and we had to ask for them instead of buying ones and having to throw them away at the end of the semester. The classes were great and the professors were very good at what they taught. Everyone was very friendly and the school had a great atmosphere.

School is good, don't stay on campus!

The quality of the school and programs are good, an excellent experience to go abroad. Lot of cultural exposure and a great time spending with the Irish. Don't make the same mistake I did though and stay on campus!

The rates for living on campus (comparatively with the same type of accommodation in the same area, considering the cost for room alone, minus the negligible difference in utilities, etc.) are much higher (about 50% higher). There is no sense of accountability or fair treatment from the administration of on-campus living either. There are a great deal of rules and fees for which they will bill you without any measure for filing a dispute over how they were applied.

overall pretty darn great

School was great, loved traveling abroad. Think it would have been better if I was living on campus. But they couldn't fit every int'l student so I was living with all int'l ids not Irish students. Overall, great experience, good classes, city, etc.