Universidad Veritas Header Image Universidad Veritas Header Image

Universidad Veritas, Costa Rica

One of the best decisions I have ever made!

Though Costa Rica may not be Paris, Barcelona, or the United States that's not why you're there!!! Rainforest? Dry forest? Caribbean? Pacific? Snorkel? Bungee Jump? Zipline? Fruits for days, freshest smoothies and juices, gallo pinto and platanos -- that's why you're there.

The field trips I took through Universidad VERITAS for my electives were by far the most rewarding cultural experiences and being able to volunteer at the local orphanage. Trips I took for fun were bites of paradise.

If you want to learn Spanish and go on adventures definitely give Costa Rica a shot.

TIPS: Wear clothes you would normally wear and adventure stuff for the weekends, an umbrella if you come during rainy season, bug spray and sunblock.

The relationships I formed with my professors made the classes much more enjoyable! My professors were knowledgeable and ensured class time included reinforcement outside of the classroom whether it was cultural immersion trips, weekends in the caribbean, visiting local vendors, or suggestions for where to visit elsewhere in the country!

The home stay truly contributed to the study abroad experience.

The university is in the city.. so don't do anything you wouldn't do if you were in the city at home!

Social Life: