Universidad Pablo de Olavide Header Image Universidad Pablo de Olavide Header Image

Spanish Language and Culture Program

Verdaderamente Feliz

Some of my most memorable experiences happened just exploring the city and were spent with Spanish students I had met at UPO.

I chose my program because it is affiliated with my university in the states more specifically than others. It was one of the only places to take the classes I needed (ex science based classes) as well as study in another country that speaks another language.

Living with a host mother was beneficial in learning the in and outs of the city, how everything works and the cultural norms of the people. I lived with one woman as well as another student from the United States in an apartment close to the center of the city.

verdaderamente feliz

The program at UPO are dedicated to do whatever they can to make your experience memorable. The staff at the CUI are helpful in whatever you could possibly need in your transition to living in a different country as well as your schoolwork. The living conditions were great, I lived with a host mom who only spoke Spanish and one other student. Although I didn't speak much Spanish when I arrived, it was helpful to be completely immersed in the language and have to try to communicate in the language. There were also trips led by the Pablo de Olavide staff for international students that usually included small cities outside of Sevilla. The CUI staff also offers an intercambio program that matches english speaking students with spanish speaking students in order to promote the exchange of language learning. This was very helpful in meeting native spanish speakers and I actually met a lot of my friends through this program. Overall the international center at Pablo de Olavide was extremely helpful in making my study abroad experience the best it could be.

My Life's Best Experience

Becoming friends with some of the girls in the office at UPO. They were natives of Sevilla and were kind enough to take us under their wing and became our friends and showed us the life and culture of young Sevilla.

To be completely honest, it was quite a random choice. I hadn't known much about UPO but really liked the curriculum specified on my Study Abroad program's page. Although my program (independently of UPO) did not entirely fulfill its duties, I am so thankful they were aligned with UPO or I never would have been able to attend.

My accommodations were provided through a third-party Study Abroad program.

The Best Experience of My Life

My experience at UPO was EVERYTHING I could ask for. Everything I needed and asked for was accommodated. The staff was extraordinarily knowledgeable, friendly, and supportive. I've never had such kind and cool professors. If I could, I would have done my entire undergraduate degree at UPO. I've missed it every day since I've left.

Sevilla is an incredibly safe city. As with all populated urban areas, you must take the personal responsibility to make safe and responsible choices to preserve your own personal safety. UPO's beautiful campus was peaceful, private, and extremely safe.

Social Life:
Everyone I met was amazing, kind, smart, fun, and welcoming. I never felt like 'The American'. I will always remember the friends I made while in Sevilla and at UPO.

Spain was amazing

tortilla de patas

Great experience :)

I've spent 3 weeks on the University Pablo de Olavide in Seville, and I can honestly say, that these were the most amazing weeks in my life.
The administration was great, helpful and understanding, and the profesors were simply amazing. I've learnt a lot more during three weeks than I did in my homeschool in a year. When it comes to the University itself, the whole complex was a bit complicated, so I was getting lost for a few days, but thankfully other students were willing to help.
If I could, I'm sure I'd come back!