UniTEFL International Header Image UniTEFL International Header Image

UniTEFL 120-hr course & job placement, Chiang Mai, Thailand

And so I got a job

I finished my course on Thursday.
Visited a school on Friday.(They picked me up at Unitefl International offices.)
Monday I was teaching English in a Thai school.
What can I say,I am grateful ,happy and satisfied.

• Academic Support

Great start to your teaching and travel adventures

I decided to come to Thailand and obtain a Tefl so I could escape the rat race, travel and earn a living while doing so.
After researching many tefl providers I decided to go with UniTefl because they were the most professional and knowledgeable and had the best training and placement options. They were also a subsided program meaning the cost was cheaper than the competitors and offered more value for money and better training.
I was not disappointed, the training in Chiang Mia was second to none, the location, facilities, staff and accommodation were great.
The accommodation provided was clean and had everything you need and was a 5 min walk from the training center. The location in Chiang Mai was perfect for exploring the local markets, trying new foods and seeing the Thai culture.
The training center was modern with everything you need and the training provided was so valuable and useful, all of the information and skills were relevant. They allowed you to discover and develop your own teaching style and gave you great advice and tips for activities and lessons. The practical training was amazing and allowed you to actually put your skills into action in a real school with real Thai students.
The course also took us out on 2 tours which were amazing and allowed the group to bond and unwind after a week of studying and teaching. We visited temples, waterfalls and a buffalo farm and finally and elephant camp.
The Staff here are truly amazing and will become like family to you. You leave here happy and feeling prepared to teach and with a new group of friends and support network.

Teaching in Thailand

After completing Uni and not having much luck in the job market I decided that I would like to try teaching abroad. Now after an extensive internet search I decided that the Go-TEFL program was the way ahead for me. It offered training and a guaranteed placement. Let me tell you it delivered everything it promised, the course covered everything you will need to know in the class room as well as 7 teaching lessons in a Thai classroom which is invaluable. So much so that first day when you get to your school you are not concerned about not knowing what to do in front of all those Thai students that will be yours for the semester. Great course, great people running it and overall a great learning experience.

• Academic Support

Awesome experience and very professional

I have just graduated from the 120 hour TEFL course. The teachers were fantastic and always had time to help me. Being able to go to a variety of Thai schools and teach during the course was a great experience and very fun. I would recommend this course to anyone interesting in teacher in Thailand, or elsewhere. A great experience.

UniTEFL was an Excellent Choice

I have recently completed the 120 hour TEFL International qualification through UniTEFL.
In regard to people-focus, professional approach, resources and emphasis on the practical ability to teach students, UniTEFL International is first class.
This one month course has enhanced my career options as well as having been a great life experience.
This course is accessible to everyone.
The instructors are patient while giving very good feedback - sensitively delivered.
The course increases one's skill base in a number of ways including public speaking aptitude and how to engage an audience in general.
Your money will not have been ill-spent. I believe that the TEFL qualification adds value to whatever you may choose to do and has so many career pathway options.
My best wishes to UniTEFL's future flourishing!
I would recommend this establishment as a first choice to anyone.
Bruce Carstairs

Superb (unitefl)

Overall I’d say my life in Thailand has been absolutely amazing, I’ve made so many new friends from all over the world. I first came to Thailand in March 2015, doing my UniTEFL teaching certificate. I’d never been to South Asia before and I’d never taught before so I was getting great training from unitefl and it’s definitely been worth while and it’s been an adventure.I would recommend anyone to come through UniTEFL, especially if it’s your first time. If you’re a bit scared there are great support networks, a very good safety net and you make loads of great friends through it as well.Raphael.

120 Hours UniTefl course

I became aware of this UniTefl course from some friends who had a positive experience theirselves, and they were absolutely right!
Pete, the teacher, is simply brilliant. All the team is competent, enthusiast and really available for any request. The course has been very useful and they've been able to provide me (and I think all of us) a certain confidence in teaching.
Moreover, I've been lucky in meeting funny and motivated classmates.
One of the best experiences in my life!

Superb service

I did this course in March 2015, the team picked me up at the airport, the accommodation was great (nice pool!), and the training was first rate, and now I have a job in Thailand thanks to UniTEFL. Couldn't be happier, everything went smoothly, and I'm confident with this TEFL International certificate, since it's recognised all over the world apparently. Chiang Mai is an awesome place to do your TEFL, on the weekends we were taken on a tour of the sights and visited an elephant camp.

Astounded

I am astounded to think how people could begin an English teaching career without the foundation skills provided at UniTEFL Chiang Mai. The knowledge and insight the trainers bring over the four weeks is invaluable and prepares you completely for the ESL world. I simply can not recommend the UniTEFL Chiang Mai course more. Thank you Pete, Susan, Judy, Yo and the team!

• Academic Support

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here

I found that the people around me, the teachers, staff, etc., were very passionate about not only their jobs and ESL, but in training new teachers as well as they could. The knowledge is fantastic and the balance of fun and stern learning was perfect.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, I'd do it all over again.

• Academic Support

Made me feel ready and confident

Teaching ESL has always seemed like a daunting task. After taking this course, I feel ready and confident enough to begin a career as an ESL teacher.

The teaching practicums and trainer feedback helped me develop an idea of how I will plan lessons and teach future classes.

Incredibly Knowledgeable Trainers

All the course trainers were incredibly knowledgeable and each had different teaching styles to learn from. They were not only helpful with the TEFL course, they offered advice on the getting adjusted to the city and any other questions the trainees had about living and teaching in Thailand.

Superb!

This was a superb learning experience! The course was professionally delivered by experts. It was demanding and challenging but also immensely enjoyable. I come half-way across the world to learn how to teach properly in a Thai classroom and feel strongly that I am now well prepared and confident as a result of the UniTEFL experience.

• Academic Support

Great teachers make great teachers

I am very grateful about the quality of their knowledge and experience, and their ability to convey this to us. I am also grateful about the opportunity/continued help provided by UniTEFL.

Challenging and demanding

The course is really challenging and demanding respect to teachers in all aspects. Learnt a lot from the whole month not just about teaching but about myself as a person.

Met some amazing new friends.

It's great that you (TEFL) help schools that are underprivileged.

• Academic Support

I thoroughly enjoyed this course

It was more challenging and professional than I imagined it would be. As a result I am more confident and comfortable taking a lesson than I ever imagined I would be, especially after only 1 month. Sometimes I felt pushed with regards to time available for lesson plans, but that is realistic to the teaching profession.

• Academic Support

Made me into a confident teacher

This course not only added to me growing as a teacher but also added to to my personal growth - I have learned that in four weeks I am capable of growing into a really CONFIDENT teacher. The ongoing support of all the trainers fits in perfectly with the Thai culture - they are always there to help!

Genuinely Welcoming

The staff were genuinely welcoming of students and provided an excellent platform for starting an ESL career. The staff obviously care about the integrity of the products (ESL teachers) and are proud of them.

I enjoyed this course!

We had a good group. Pete was very good at presenting the material and all the staff were helpful and communicative. I would recommend this course to any aspiring English teachers, particularly those with limited to no experience, and especially to those interested in teaching in Chiang Mai.

Extremely Helpful

I found this course to be extremely helpful and without it I would never have able to teach as an ESL teacher. The team are great and really show interest.

I loved this course.

Pete was a fantastic trainer and always helpful whenever anyone needed it. I will be recommending this class in the future. Susan was amazing!

• Academic Support

Instructors = class = wonderful!

I think that the instructors made this class a wonderful learning experience. There was a lot of information given in a short amount of time. But the way it was structured made it understandable and possible to apply in the practice sessions we were given.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for all the support and guidance over the past four weeks. A lot of things I've learnt can apply both in and out of the classroom - a real learning experience. My only slight criticism has to do with short/unplanned days that had no new content. If HW was assigned, class time could be spent learning new content/techniques.

• Academic Support

Didn't know what to expect

I didn't know what to expect and had heard the usual skepticism and even horror stories but the month ended up one of the best times in a (long) (+colorful) life. Great snapshots of life as a teacher, really intensive learning and development in both a personal and professional sense. Thanks to all the UniTEFL team for making it possible and EXCELLENT!

Blown Away!

Thank you so much for the course. I had no idea to expect and was totally blown away. I will be walking away from this feeling inspired and ready to start a very big adventure.