UIW European Study Center Heidelberghttp://www.studyabroad-germany.eu
Bergstraße 106 Heidelberg, 69121 Germany
Fall Semester: mid-September to mid-December / Spring Semester: mid-January to mid-May
Centrally located in Western Europe, the UIW European Study Center is the ideal place for students to study abroad. By gaining an in-depth understanding of the European Union and exploring Europe in their free time, students will benefit from everything this program has to offer.
All courses are taught in English, either at the European Study Center or our local partner University, the SHR Heidelberg.
Heidelberg is home to Germany's oldest university and local culture continues to be defined by its status as a university town. Numerous excursions are included in this program and scholarships are available!
** Take a buddy and get a free trip for both of you to Paris!**
Cultural activities have been included as an integral element of this program that are designed to supplement classroom learning. Additionally, cultural activities included in this program are chosen in order to provide the best possible learning experience for students. Opportunities such as a visit to the Heidelberg Castle, a guided tour of the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stuttgart, a day trip to Strasbourg and a weekend excursion to Berlin are all part of the program to help students make the most of their time while abroad.
From their location in Heidelberg, students have access to other European cities, making exploration and travel very convenient and affordable. Heidelberg is only four hours from Amsterdam and Paris, three hours from Zurich and six hours from Prague. Reasonably priced airfare can also be found for students who would like to extend their reach beyond Germany's boarding countries and explore other parts of Europe that are a bit farther away.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
* Tuition for 15 credit hours
* Housing-double occupancy
* On-site team available throughout the entire program
* Cell phone use (students must pay for minutes they use)
* Public transportation pass for Heidelberg for the entire semester
* Transportation from/to Frankfurt airport
* Necessary transportation for included cultural activities
* The field trips described in the cultural activities section
* A few meals- Welcome and farewell dinners, Thanksgiving or Easter dinner and occasionally a meal as part of an excursion are included
Not included: International airfare, passport/visa expenses, meal expenses, other personal expenses, USD 250 liability deposit for housing (will be returned at the end of semester provided accommodations are undamaged).
American, Asian, Australian and European Participants.
Independently or in Groups
* Debut Scholarship: The European Study Center is offering five USD1,000 scholarships for students who qualify. To be considered for this scholarship, please send the following: - Proof of a minimum 2.8 GPA (current unofficial transcript) - Proof of financial aid - 1 page (12 pt font, double spaced) essay outlining your expectations and goals for your semester in Heidelberg. Scholarships will be reviewed by a committee and the 5 students whose applications reflect the most need for financial aid combined with solid goals for their time abroad will be rewarded USD1,000 each. * Ambassador Scholarships: The European Study Center is offering five USD3,000 scholarships for spring semester 2013 to students who qualify. To be considered for this scholarship, please send the following: - Proof of a minimum 3.0 GPA (current unofficial transcript) - Proof of financial aid - 1 page (12 pt font, double spaced) essay outlining your expectations and goals for your semester in Heidelberg. Scholarships will be reviewed by a committee and the 5 students whose applications reflect the most need for financial aid combined with solid goals for their time abroad will be rewarded USD3,000 each. Additional scholarships: * Phi Kappa Phi - available to students at Phi Kappa Phi member universities. Fifty USD1,000 grants are awarded each year. * Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship - in exchange for funding, students will act as goodwill ambassadors while abroad and give presentations to local Rotary clubs upon return. * DAAD - this scholarship is explicitly to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities. * Gillman-provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.
up to 1 week
The European Study Center features a partnership between the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) and CEPA Europe. This partnership allows UIW to offer students a variety of courses taught at the European Study Center as well as at our local partner school, the SRH University Heidelberg. All courses are taught in English and are fully transferable so that students can efficiently work towards graduation while experiencing student life the German way. The European Study Center in Heidelberg, Germany is for EVERYONE! Any university level student in the U.S. may apply and take courses alongside UIW students, including those from our branches in Mexico and China.