UCAM University Header Image UCAM University Header Image

Spain Summer Program

• The Campus

Rich experience with academic rigor

I am currently pursuing a Bachelor of Accountancy from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. During the summer break in 2014, I had the opportunity to attend UCAM's summer program (Spanish).

I first found out about UCAM's summer program through my university, NTU. Upon further research through UCAM's website, I felt that it was a unique program as it offered a Spanish course with the opportunity for a home-stay with a Spanish family. Therefore, I decided to apply for the course in UCAM.

Upon arriving in Murcia, Spain, I was warmly received by my host family at the train station. Throughout my stay there, I was able to experience the authentic Spanish lifestyle; from their delicious cuisines to their way of life, such as their siestas. In addition, I also had the privilege to join the celebration for their family members' silver wedding anniversary. It truly was an eye-opening experience and one that I would treasure dearly. Moreover, the hospitality that I experienced was definitely impeccable. My host family treated me as though I was part of their family, showering me with love, sincerity and trust. Thus my home-stay experience was definitely my most memorable experience in the summer programme.

In addition to the home-stay experience, I thoroughly enjoyed the process of learning Spanish in UCAM. In UCAM, apart from the fundamental Spanish language classes each day, there were also cultural classes and Spanish dance classes which gave an insight into the Spanish culture. They pique my interest in wanting to know more about the Spanish culture, fuelling my desire to work even harder to learn the Spanish language. Overall, although the summer program is an intensive course, it was definitely a very fulfilling one as well.

In a nutshell, I believe that it was an experience that few other universities would offer. It is one that is indeed really special. I would definitely recommend this program to my friends.