UCAM University Header Image UCAM University Header Image

Master in European Union Studies and Human Rights

Studying abroad: An opportunity for an experiential learning in diversity

I studied Master in European Union Studies and Human Rights at UCAM. The program was sincerely promising, however, to be honest, I was not challenged to my full potential. I believe with better execution of the program, it can attract more students from different countries, especially all around Europe. I felt the Professors were accomplished in their respective fields, unfortunately, being able to successfully impart to their students what they know is a totally different thing. Not to take anything away from the Professors, they are fantastic and really knowledgeable, but it would have been better if they were able to effectively share to us their knowledge. For me, who did not have any background in EU studies nor Human Rights, I sincerely learned a lot. It opened my heart to the idea of careers in diplomacy and regional developments. Moreover, having Professors that have such accomplished CVs, inspires you to hopefully be able to live the purpose they have had in their fields.
UCAM, with so many international students gave me the opportunity to learn in diversity. It gave me the chance to learn things from friends who came from different countries. It was like having a bit of their home, through the traditional foods they cooked and stories they shared. It is truly in a diverse background that we would be able to learn a lot of things about ourselves and the world.
The city of Murcia is fantastic. People are very warm and they know how to enjoy life. Indeed, they value work-life balance in this country. They work hard, but they know how to enjoy life very well.
In general, my stay in UCAM and in Murcia was one of the best times of my life. I would not change anything if I would be given another chance how I would have gone with my journey.

UCAM is absolutely worth it

Attending the Master's degree in European Union Studies and Human Rights at UCAM has been an amazing experience. The most important thing that makes this Master's so special is the small number of the class and its high international component; only 11 students from 8 different countries; all well prepared and eager to learn and make every lecture active and challenging. The overall level of the classes, then, has been extremely high and all the lecturers, with only few exceptions that can be taken off in the next edition, were all very well prepared and with professional experience on their subject, so to make the lecture always actual and interesting.
Finally, UCAM is a small university, yet highly international focused: the result is a place where the student is really looked after and one can really feel a multi-cultured and lively atmosphere.

Opens your mind

This year I have had the opportunity to met amazing people form all over the world. The Master's Degree has given me the chance to see the world from a different perspective. I feel prepared to hit the road and find my path, all will come if you work hard for it. highly motivated to pursue my goals in life.