UBELONG participants UBELONG participants

Teach English in Morocco: From Only USD520 for 2 Weeks!

great program

I volunteered in Rabat-Sale with a group of mates from uni. We are from Europe and volunteering is not a part of the normal options for people here like it is in America. However we found Ubelong because a friend had a connection to one of their founders and so decided to try it out instead of just touring Morocco with our cars. This was a very good decision. We worked with children on the caring for children in need program and the experience was so rewarding. Our typical day started at 8AM when we would wake up and have breakfast with our host family. This experience turned out to be one of the most beautiful of my life. We felt so welcomed and I was so amazed at how warm we were received by our family. They were not rich but still made us feel so good and so welcomed. We would then go to our project, which was in one of Sale's poorest neighborhoods. Sale is the sister city of Rabat, they are side by side. We workd with the children to help them on their homework, sing songs and lead classes that we designed. We did a little bit of English, but focused more on geography and culture. It was very special to see their faces in the morning, just so eager to see us and appreciating our being there. People in Europe could learn a lot from them. I think many came from very difficult backgrounds and they were not used to foreigners coming to spend time with them. After our voluntary service we would enjoy Rabat, which is a very special city. It is not as well known as Fez or Tangier, but it is still very special. It is much calmer and in my opinion more welcoming as there are not as many tourists there. In total, I recommend volunteering with Ubelong and am very thankful for this great experience.

UBELONG - Rabat, Morocco

Why did I choose UBELONG? The answer is quite simple: UBELONG offers an wealth of choices, incomparable low fees on international volunteer programs, and promises an extraordinary experience. All this, without compromising the quality and professionalism one would expect from an organization such as UBELONG. Not to mention, Raul & Cedric are excellent mentors, always being attentive and caring to their volunteers. Thank you Cedric for following-up with me every time I called and/or e-mailed you. From the preparation briefing to the debriefing after my return to the States, you have been an exceptional mentor. I can't wait to go back to the same project with UBELONG someday!

I spent 2 weeks in Rabat, Morocco on the Education project and cannot recommend this program enough! It truly was an experience of a lifetime! I was so fortunate to teach, learn and grow from the time I spent in Morocco and from being a part of the UBELONG community. Everything from mingling with locals, learning to cook tajine with my host mom, speaking the funniest Arabic you will ever hear, and most importantly being a positive influence in the lives of all my students - this experience was priceless! I encourage all of you reading this to fish out of the water and apply for the Rabat, Morocco program. It will change you in ways you cannot even begin to imagine. It just may be the best time of your life. I know mine was.

excellent first time volunteer experience

I enjoyed my time volunteering enormously. It was my first time volunteering in a foreign country and I picked Morocco really because I felt it was the most exotic place I felt comfortable going to. My host family was a plesant surprise, I didnt think I could connect so deeply in just the 3 weeks I spent. My project in Rabat Sale was excellent and eye openning. There is some adjustment in the beginning that I do not think I was ready for coming from Europe, but the local teachers and the students most importantly made me feel comfortable. Their passion for learning and interest in learning about me and my background was very refreshing and something my home country perhaps lacks a bit. I am very thankful to Ubelong and the wonderful people I met for this beautiful experience.