Children's Activity Leader in Ghana
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week, 3-6 Month, 7-12 Month
Throughout the year
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- There are no specific skills required to participate in this program, however any teaching experience is beneficial. If you have limited teaching experience, it is recommended that if possible you gain voluntary experience in a primary school in your home country before you depart.
- The greatest attribute you can posses is flexibility and a willingness to get involved.
- International volunteers are welcome
Cost in US$:
From 146 (USD prices depend on the current exchange rate)
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Besease School*
You will be staying in a building on the edge of the main square just slightly away from the hubbub. It has three locked bedrooms plus a shower, toilet and kitchen. The house has running water and electricity, though power cuts are frequent. There is a small courtyard and a shaded area with mosquito netting for you to while away those warm summer evenings.
* Brenu School*
Accommodation is provided in a local guesthouse approximately 800m from the school. The guesthouse provides basic and clean rooms, flushing toilets, showers and a shared kitchen. Private rooms are available on request. The guesthouse also provides 3 meals a day. Typical breakfast consists of omelette, toast and cereals; staple foods such as rice, yams and pasta make up the evening meals. This can be discussed with Esther on your arrival.
- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Youth Development
This Program is open to
American, European, Canadian, Australian and Kiwi Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
Typically The Application Process Time is