China: Beijing, DongGuan, Guangzhou and 5 other cities
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Throughout the year
6 Months or 1 Year - Start Anytime
These paid three-month, six-month or one-year internship place interns in five star hotels and resorts in cities throughout China. The internships are paid and include room and board with living quarters in hotel rooms or staff dorms. Internships cover most areas of hotel operations, though the majority are in Guest Relations. Interns work side by side with Chinese staff, learn Chinese, and learn the requirements of Chinese and foreign tourists from around the world.
How to speak to and receive Chinese tourists is an increasingly valuable skill in countries around the world; there will be 100 million Chinese tourists traveling abroad each year in the near future. These tourists were shown to be foreign tourists who spent the most per person out of all the tourists from different countries in the world. Hosting these tourists well is a key point of competition between hotels in a city, and a valuable asset in your career. Our internships also include access to Basic, Beginner, and Hotel Mandarin Chinese lessons as well as group activities each month.
- Full time internships in top five star hotels and resorts in China
- Paid internship, includes room and board in hotel rooms, staff dorms, or your own apartment (depending on level of internship)
- Chinese lessons included; Basic, Beginner, and Hotel Chinese courses
- Our Hotel language courses are the standard in the industry in China; includes certificate if you pass test
- Learn how to host and talk to Chinese tourists; a valuable skill for the future
- Monthly group culture and fun activities
- Internship certificate and valuable references if you finish the six-month or one-year term
This internship is for current or recent graduates of colleges in English speaking countries. Hospitality, Tourism, Business Management, and English majors would be best, but there is no strict requirement as to major.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good grooming and appearance
- Native English level
- Able to live and work independently
- Able to learn quickly and perform tasks as assigned
- Working experience in hotels or restaurants is better but not required.
- One other foreign language besides English is better but not required.
This internship will teach you what you need to know to do the job. You need to bring the attitude and energy level.
Paid internship - Initial cost varies by level
50% Discount for First Ten Basic Applicants in June!
* Position Guidance & Training
* Visa Consultation and Assistance
* Airport Pickup, Welcome Package, Orientation
* Monthly Stipend
* Training - Online Self Study BOOM Chinese Course - Basic, Beginner, Hotel areas
* Training - Skype Chinese Class with Teacher
* Checkup Call / Address Problems - Every 2 Weeks
* Housing Orientation / Help Getting Settled
* Internship Certificate (CIP Program and Host Logos)
Stipend: 2,500 to 3,000 Chinese RMB per month, equal to the salary of a local Chinese worker. | Housing: Hotel room or staff dorm in hotel (varies by property), or pay extra for your own two bedroom apartment nearby. | Food: In the staff canteen. | Monthly group events (with all other interns in your city)
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi and South African Participants.
Less than a month
To help young professionals learn about China quickly and effectively, and apply that knowledge in their careers.