Faculty-Led Customized Study in Belize Programs

Amazing Program!

I loved traveling to Belize - without this program I wouldn't have learned the amount I did. We had a travel guide with us the entire time, his name was John - having him on the trip was so nice, he explained everything to us, stuff we didn't understand and other things we were too nervous to bring up. It was nice to have him around! Super happy my school decided to go through TEP!

Excellent experience

My experience in Belize was educational, adventerous, and more then anything fun. I hope to return in the near future to the villages we visited along with San Ignacio, the city, and many other places. The food was delicious, the people were beyond inviting, polite, and nice, and every day I was in Belize I fell in love with this small country more.

UIndy PT/OT Service Learning Program

This program was very well administered. It provided enjoyable, safe cultural experiences and matched our program with partners that were in need of services. I enjoyed meeting people from villages to Belize City and be able to share my talents with them.

TEP Belize

This was a great experience. The only things I wish I could have changed is that the in services were spread out a bit more and that I could have stayed longer. This was an amazing program and I am so glad that I could be a part of it!

Belize PT/OT service trip

I had an amazing experience with TEP in Belize providing physical and occupational therapy services as a student along with experienced professionals in a culture very different from my own. I believe the trip will have a great impact on my growth as a clinician and has shaped in part my commitment to international practice and service. It is most definitely a trip I hope to go on again as a chaperone after I earn my degree. I have to thank Candy and Rhondine for providing such a rich cultural experience through the carefully planned locations and excursions that we participated in as well as the organizations that we partnered with and were able to learn so much from. I felt safe and well taken care of the entire trip, and I am heading into the next semester of my schooling knowing that I am better prepared, more confident, and more passionate about my field than ever before. Highly recommend.

Physical Therapist, Geriatric Specialist

The UIndy service learning trip with Toucan Education Programs was excellent. Rhondine was very organized and professional. She made sure everything was taken care of ahead of time including housing, meals, transportation and educational seminars. She put in a lot of time and effort to make our experience both educational and fun.

Belize OT/PT trip

Great program! The staff for TEP is amazing and did everything to make sure the trip ran smoothly. Highly recommend for an international experience! No complaints and I would go through this company again in the future.

Amazing!

This program was a fantastic learning experience for me. I would highly recommend it. All of the activities were wonderful, and the staff were always helpful and kind. I think this was a once in a lifetime experience

Immersion Experience

This was a transformative experience. The participants traveled to three parts of the country and were able to immerse with the different cultural groups. They participated in community service learning, host family stay, and met with local experts in various field.

Belize Trip

This trip was absolutely a once in a lifetime opportunity. Being thrown into a world outside of our "United States" bubble gives one the opportunity to see the world through a different lens. If given the chance to return back to Belize and continue any promotion of health care or any other topics, I would not hesitate to return.

Promoting Health in Belize

Overall, my spring term went successfully. I enjoyed emerging myself into the Belizean culture, people, and weather. I enjoyed the teaching experience though I would be more interested in presenting something exercise related.

Study abroad belize

This program was very beneficial and professional. Rhondine is very friendly and easy to work with. Our whole trip was scheduled out precisely. We always had transportation to the places wr needed to be. We were also set up with very nice lodging.

?

Very good program. Staff was nice and really made everyone feel comfirtable even when we were so far from home. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The people with Tucab really made this trip the best for me!

Student

Overall, the whole experience was great. Being emerged in the culture was something that you can't get in the USA. There was a small language barrier but there were enough students in our group that we could communicate with them along with the help of some of the natives. However, it was a great learning experience.

A Mind Opening Experience

The attention to detail and personal service provide by Toucan Education Services was above and beyond what was expected. I had previously traveled to Belize on my own. While I was able to learn much about the culture during that visit, it was minuscule compared to what Rohndine and John were able to share. Thanks to their support and caring, I was able to experience what the real Belize is all about- kindness and generosity toward your fellow people. I have walked away from this program with a renewed consciousness of the world in which we live.

TEP was wonderful

Having never been out of the country before, I felt totally safe with TEP. Ms. Rhondine and John were very helpful and organized. I would recommend this company to any student looking for study abroad experience!

Issues in Agricultural and Life Sciences

This was a wonderful experience. Students got a lot out of the academic and cultural experiences. And the TEP staff were exceptional. I felt this experience will benefit me in my job at the University of Florida and in my own personal "world view."

You MUST Study in Belize

Belize was my first Study Abroad program and it left high standards for any other program I might do. Not only was I immersed in rich culture and history, I was surrounded by passionate individuals. A+

Real Experience

I felt like this experience put me in the heart of Belize and helped me to learn about Belizean life instead of only being on the outside as a tourist. I got the opportunity to practice physical therapy, see the beauty of the country, open my mind and heart to the people of Belize, and educate and empower people about their physical health.

Although sometimes it felt like long days with the heat, I appreciated the extra presentations at San Ignacio. I felt like they helped give more perspective to our trip. I especially liked the presentation on poverty, it really changed how I was thinking about it. The opportunities to get so much hands on experience with home visits, pediatrics, and with the elderly was eye opening and very helpful to my learning and understanding.

The people at Log Cabin were my favorite! They were so hospitable and welcoming. The people at Hopkins and Black Orchid were excellent too. I appreciate that so many meals were included in our housing arrangements. Everywhere we stayed was very clean and I felt like we were taken good care of.

I feel like I learned a lot about Belizean culture from the presentations to learn details to the tour guides in the van and on some of the expeditions to seeing what a typical day was like in a home. I was so grateful that we were not staying at the Cayes with all the tourists. I really liked Hopkins because we were right next to the locals. It was helpful to see so many cities and to lodge in both rural and more urban areas. I felt like we received a good taste of life in Belize.

Rhondine was amazing! Very helpful and kind and easy to talk with. I am very appreciative of how she organized this program. I am very glad I went on this trip.

Social Life:
There was good opportunity to hang out in the evenings to get to know others on the trip and talk with staff too. I was very excited how much I got to know the OT students and staff. It was wonderful to get PT and OT learning and socializing together.

Belizirific

The ability to help those in need really made the trip was really memorable.

I was happy about the particular program chosen by staff and very pleased to have choices regarding my leisure time.

The accommodations were nice, but the Hopkins beach house was amazing. All were a short distance from where we "worked", which was so convenient.

Belizirific

This was a terrific program in regards to service learning for alumni, staff, and students. It was an appropriate blend of education and leisure that will always be near to my heart.

TEP Review

In general, TEP is a well-run, top-notch agency for providing a combination of educational, service and cultural immersion experiences.

An Excellent Experience

Toucan Education Programs made my study abroad experience in Belize extremely easy and stress free. They did an excellent job in providing us with wonderful meals, accommodations, and transportation.

Great Trip

Everything about this program is very well organized. Every where we went I was able to learn a great deal.

UnBelizeable!

My Belize experience was incredible as it involved the perfect balance of work, learning, cultural experiences, and leisure! I give this program my highest recommendation.

Tremendous learning experience. I learned a lot about working with older adults with different forms of dementia. Learning about Belize was great as well!

I felt very fortunate with all of the accommodations!

We were constantly being immersed in the culture of Belize and had the opportunity to see a variety of locations and cultures.

Rhondine was phenomenal in her leadership and preparations.

Social Life:
It was a great trip for bonding!