OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Download Application Form

Location

Belize: San Ignacio

Description

Study in Belize with Faculty-Led Customized Programs!

We invite you to come to Belize with Toucan Education Programs (TEP), the premier provider for education services in Belize. If you are doing full-time education and wish to expand your horizons with an enriching international experience, the faculty-led short and semester programs we customize for you may be just what you are looking for. Our programs offer a life-changing experience to both the students and faculty.

We have acquired an extensive knowledge of Belize and have successfully developed an effective holistic approach to programs that would ensure students, member of faculty and universities a truly dynamic and rewarding study in Belize experience. We do not only provide programs of the highest academic standards but we also offer the best value for your budget.

Highlights

TEP staff is professionally trained to support the needs of both program leaders and students.

TEP pre-departures services will help both leaders and students plan for their program abroad in the following ways:

- Marketing assistance to facilitate student recruitment
- One-on-one student advising, via email if need be
- Appropriate group housing
- Co-curricular planning to include course related field trips, guest lectures, and cultural learning activities
- Pre-departure program handbook to prepare participants for the program
- Group discussions using social networking and other online platforms
- Well organized itinerary with dedicated staff to ensure success
- Risk reduction and due diligence
- 24/7 emergency and crisis management
- GSM pre-paid cell phones (cost of calls at participants expense)

10 Overall Experience

Everything was taken care of.

My Memorable Experience is Hanging out in an eatery in San Ignacio with my student group, our guide and locals just conversing. It allowed me to get the insider's view of the culture.

I chose This program because it was recommended by my University who used them in the past and only had positive reviews.

We stayed in cabins with two or three beds per room. It was cozy. All of our meals were provided on site and it was a relaxing atmosphere.

10 Overall Experience

Unbelievable Experience!

The Toucan Education Program was amazing! My professor had already been there twice with two other student groups and you can tell that he loved it so much he came back with more students for a third trip. The program provided us with insight on the economy, culture, and the people. There was something exciting planned for each day from exploring Maya ruins to visiting the Embassy, snorkeling in the coral reef and visiting the Smithsonian, to experiencing the local markets and night life. I loved it! The weather was a bit chilly when I was there but is normally warm and perfect. We took a trip to South Water Caye which is this beautiful island off the coast of Belize. It felt like paradise!

The food was provided for us both on and off the island and we event got to make out own tamales with a women's group on one of the trips. The girls lived in a small building with four or five bedrooms and shared bathrooms and then on the island we slept in one large cabin with multiple bunk beds. We were also able to meet other student groups who were in the midst of their program with TEP. Overall, the trip was unbelievably unforgettable and I wouldn't mind going back!

7 Overall Experience

Faculty-Led Customized Study in Belize Programs

My program was extremely engaging and organized. Rhondine did a fabulous job with checking up on us and making sure we were all taken care of! Fabulous, job and I would recommend using TEP: Toucan Education Programs, Ltd to anyone who asked, especially for other faculty-led groups that want to travel to Belize.