Toucan Education Programs (TEP) Header Image Toucan Education Programs (TEP) Header Image

Customized International Volunteering Placements in Belize

The best of Belize was mine!

The Ah, Belize! Such sweet memories! I can't believe so much great stuff happened in just one month!  Besides organizing the perfect setting for daily volunteer work at a public hospital, I had an awesome home-stay where I lived the regular life of work and family routines day by day.  I made friends!

It was made all the more amazing because of the small but highly professional and deeply rooted Belizean team of the TucanEd Program.

Beyond my wildest dreams was I taken care of.  I had so many diverse and rich experiences of mixed local and Central American culture, languages, cuisine, music, both of a casual sort and  facilitated like by speakers with slideshows and hands-on making of Chocolate and drumming.

The entire TEP team is committed to and proud of being highly knowledgeable about everything Belize and to sharing in safe authentic environments. I felt they went out of their way to ensure a varied and detailed activities list of experiences and sights customized to my expressed wishes to volunteer and learn about the local cultures. I left it in their hands and it far exceeded my expectations in exposure and quality.  I don't know the trouble they went through to pull it all off but on my side it was all wrinkle-free.

I highly recommend Ms Rhondine, Ms Maryam, Mr Ted and the rest of Tucan Education Program team for anyone, for any group, at any age.  I know TEP will be my guides when I return for more...I know I will.
Thank You.

~~Becca Titus, RN, USA

Cancer Research

Amazing experience all around. I had a great time. I will never forget my time in Belize. I will definitely come back. I would recommend this program to others. TEP staff and the people of Belize have been so kind to me.

Comprehensive and unique program

Our volunteer experience with TEP was excellent. What stood out the most was the breadth of experiences we had - we would never have been able to organise many of these encounters ourselves. Collaborating with someone local allowed us to meet and speak with a huge range of people that would have otherwise been difficult to contact. Likewise, the social and cultural activities were excellent and not necessarily something I would have thought to organise myself. I appreciated the contrast provided by working in both a public and private setting.

Enriching experience that I will remember for a lifetime!

My experience in Belize was great. The program offered cultral experiences, excursions. It was well organized and i always felt safe. This was my first time abroad and I had a great experience and will definately come back to Belize to visit or maybe even do some mision work within the country. The Toucan Education Program is well crafted and enriching for students looking for a great study abroad experience in an english speaking country. I was able to adapt well and it was not too big of a culture shock.