Torino Study Abroadhttp://www.torinostudyabroad.org
via Santa Teresa 20 Torino, Italy
Italy: Torino (Turin)
Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
Torino Study Abroad is a new, non-profit study abroad program with its focus on modern Italy. Torino offers the perfect blend of old and new, with a rich history of past glories and a vibrant contemporary culture at the forefront of Italian academics, art, business and design. Torino offers students an authentic Italian experience unlike any other city in Italy; with ample opportunity to be part of the local Italian life-style.
Academic course work is offered in the following subject areas: Archaeology, Art History, English, History, Italian Language and Culture, Law, Natural Science and Math. Instruction is in English and courses run 3-4 credits each. Courses are taught by American-trained PhD professors, leaders in their fields with solid research expertise.
Torino Study Abroad features a newly renovated campus in the historic Palazzo Provana, in the heart of the historic center. The campus boasts modern classrooms, a computer lab and a student lounge. The program offers students a rigorous academic program of the highest standard, as well as an immersion experience that no other city can provide.
- Summer and semester programs, offering academic credit
- Small classes (10-15 students)
- Individual attention in instruction and class projects
- Faculty trained in the tradition of American liberal art colleges
- State-of-the-art classrooms
- Two academic field trips per session
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
- tuition, housing and fees
- student insurance
- use of the language lab
- use of the program's student computers, Wi-Fi and printers
- all travel related to required course assignments, unless stated in the course description.
- local out-of class field trips (2 for each summer session, 3 for each semester)
- personalized academic advising (pre admission, pre and post departure)
- personal guidance counselor
- 24-hour local staff contact, local medical emergency consultation
- translation assistance in English, Italian, French, Spanish
- local travel advice and information (costs not included)
- assistance with parental questions and concerns
- immigration visa assistance
- welcoming function and end of summer session/semester dinner
- post summer session/semester transcript assistance
- orientation materials for Torino
To incorporate the history, art, culture, business, and technology of modern Italy into an academic program of excellence.