Tico Lingo - Spanish Immersion School Header Image Tico Lingo - Spanish Immersion School Header Image

Full Spanish Immersion Program

Cool experience learning Spanish in Costa Rica

Tico Lingo was referred to me by and old friend who did a program with them in early 2016. Everything she said about the teachers being super nice, the program director being an incredibly great guy, and the school being super relaxed was true! I enjoyed studying with my classmates and just hanging around the school drinking coffee and learning about other students' cultures and hometowns.

Likewise, I absolutely loved my homestay experience and walked away with such a true connection to the community of Heredia and the country of Costa Rica on a whole. I learned a ton of Spanish and really can't recommend a better school to learn Spanish in Costa Rica.

Pura Vida!!! Gracias chicos!

• The Campus

Tico Lingo: an experience of a lifetime

Costa Rica was the first place I traveled to outside of the U.S. I was nervous, but after spending a few weeks at Tico Lingo, I am an independent traveler throughout the country. The cultural immersion provided the confidence and conversational skills to explore the country and meet new people. Great program! Welcoming environment, fun classes, and an experience of a lifetime. Highly recommend it. Gracias Tico Lingo! Pura Vida.

I love Tico Lingo!

I can't thank you enough Tico Lingo, such an amazing program I learnt so much in just 3 weeks and loved the action packed program. The school is relaxed and made me feel at ease, the teacher Freddy was fantastic and what really made my experience was the home stay with a Costa Rican family and discovering Costa Rica. Would highly recommend Tico Lingo :)

• The Campus

Authentic experience learning Spanish and living in Costa Rica!

My experience at Tico Lingo exceeded my expectations! I came here looking to bump up my conversational language skills and get away from just the tourist experience of traveling in Costa Rica. My Spanish classes were personalized to my needs and the amount of time I practiced speaking has given me so much more confidence in my speaking abilities. The homestay accommodation was also a great opportunity to practice speaking with ticos everyday and gave me the chance to create real friendships here with the family. I am already thinking about when I can come back to visit them :) The school itself is a 5 minute walk to the city center but is set back just enough that it feels like a little retreat. I made a lot of use out of the hammocks and yoga space, and always enjoyed fresh brewed coffee before, during and after my classes! The classes and homestay truly felt like an authentic experience into Costa Rican life and for me the immersive experience is the only way to go if you really want to learn Spanish and see what Costa Rica is all about!

Fantastic Teachers, Beautiful school/area/location

I can't express how amazing this school was. I studied for 3 weeks last January at the school and saw my fluency go through the roof. It was pretty remarkable. I learned so, so, so much more than what I'd learned using language Apps and Spanish books.

The program I signed up for had me living with a family near the school. It was an 8 minute walk (yes, I timed it) and my family was absolutely adorable. They took me in as one of their own, fed me two meals a day, and put up with my terrible Spanish -- they had the patience of Angels. I practiced every night with them and really learned so much just sitting at the Dinner table talking about our days.

The actual school was probably the most beautiful place I've ever been. It was stocked full of Spanish resources, traveler resources, and various books in so many languages from all over the world. The garden had something like 10 different fruits and vegetables, some SUPER relaxing hammocks (that I tended to use on a daily basis) and had some of the nicest classrooms I've ever spent time in. I learned some Latin Dance at the school and did a few sessions of Yoga with my classmates from all over the world (Germany, Canada, Netherlands, USA)

I got home and told a bunch of friends to come check this school out! I highly recommend it!!