For more than 25 years, The Swedish Program has been offering study abroad students various liberal arts courses in English. It is a small but highly regarded program accepting around 40 students per semester at the Stockholm School of Economics (SSE). The program originally started at Stockholm University but relocated to SSE in January 2013. The small size, curricular focus, commitment to cultural integration, and high academic standards are distinctive features of the Program that successfully promote this multifaceted study abroad experience. It is important for participants to take on the challenge of intercultural education by understanding the institutions and the people of another society and be able to get more insight about their own country and themselves.
1. Study in one of Europe's leading institutions with a program committed to providing students a challenging academic and rewarding cultural experience
2. Learn in classes that are small and creative where students can actively participate in
3. Meet and interact with local Swedish students by signing up for different clubs and activities on campus
4. Participate in study visits and cultural expeditions organized by the program
5. Enjoy 2 one-week vacations where participants can travel on their own
6. Live with a host family where you can experience real cultural immersion; or opt to live in a private apartment and live independently but with the opportunity to interact with a Swedish 'contact family'.