The New World Community Header Image The New World Community Header Image

Make a Difference in the Dominican Republic (1-2 Week Trips)

Dominican Republic NWC

I had a great time on my trip to the Dominican Republic through NWC. The experience had such an impact on my life that it is hard to describe. Such a life changing trip is something I would encourage others to take! Living arrangements, program coordination and community development were all well planned/implemented and it was a great time mixing with the local community. Also couldn't have chosen a more beautiful country to travel to.

Fantastic experience in the DR

I had an absolutely fantastic experience in the Dominican Republic! The program was intentionally designed, the facilitators were fantastic and the experience was amazing. I would highly recommend participating in this experience!

Aguas Negras - The Trip of a Lifetime

The New World Community gave me a once in a lifetime experience being able to work with an amazing community to build a home for a family in need. Even miles away from home, I found a second family in the people of the community and with my fellow volunteers. The NWC makes sure that all money raised goes towards the community, and that volunteers have time to get to know the locals. I can honestly say I still talk to members of the community, even 2 years after my first trip! Overall, I wouldn't travel with any other program, the NWC always makes me feel like family.

Seriously the experience of a lifetime!

I honestly could not recommend this program any more. It is safe to say that The New World Community is nothing short of exceptional. On my trip to the Dominican I was able to see the real side of the country, live and work with the community I was volunteering in, get to know the locals as if they were some of my best friends, and make the most amazing impact by working with the community instead of for them. I built long-lasting friendships, made unbreakable connections, and had the time of my life. I am forever grateful for my time in the Dominican, as it has changed my life in every way imaginable, and will stay with me for as long as I live.

• The New World Community responded to this review September 16, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Thanks so much for the review Maria! We are so happy to hear you had such an impactful experience!