Head to Quebec City to spend a summer being culturally immersed in a dynamic, French-speaking environment! The Quebec City Teen Homestay Program is ideal for students seeking a well-balanced language experience and for those who have limited travel experience, but are comfortable travelling independently by public transit. The program takes place in the centre of the city in a converted convent that is now a private high school, where students will engage in 15 hours of French lessons per week from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 11:45pm.
Through the guidance of monitors and interaction with other international students, participants will enhance their skills in listening, speaking, writing, reading, conversation, and grammar. All learning materials will be provided and classrooms are equipped with TV and Audio equipment to enhance teaching methods.
1. Program campus is right beside the lush Plains of Abraham, the scene of the 1759 battle between France and Britain and now one of the cities most beautiful and popular parks
2. 15 minute walk from campus to the old town (Vieux Quebec) where you can spend hours exploring the many cobbled alleyways, quaint cafes, and stylish boutiques
3. Teachers are fully qualified to teach French as a second language
4. Accommodation is with a host family or in the school's residence and includes 3 meals per day
5. Opportunity to take part in full-day excursions to places of interest in and around Quebec City take place every Saturday