The Language House TEFL participants The Language House TEFL participants

The Language House TEFL - Join our Community & Teach Abroad!

TEFL: amazing program!

At first, I was reluctant to sign up for an english teaching course abroad. My biggest fear was that I would pay a lot of money in terms of travel, accommodations and the course itself, only to be disappointed and stuck in a miserable program abroad for a month or, worse, get totally ripped off.

Based on the reviews I read online, and my research overall, The Language House seemed like the best option given my travel interests. And, it did not disappoint!!

For simplicity, here's a list of why I'd encourage anyone looking to teach abroad to sign up for The Language House:

1.) Logistics: If you are traveling from far away, The Language House makes it way less stressful to get settled. They provide airport pick up and great housing with other students. They also offer an orientation before the program starts so you can familiarize yourself with Prague. Additionally, they even help with the silly/unexpected stressful stuff-- For instance, my luggage got lost, and I was instructed to call the airport. I was a bit worried about the language barrier and getting my address right. So, instead, my housing host called the airport for me AND schlepped my luggage up to my room while I was in class. It was little things like this that made me sure I had chosen a great program. So much thoughtfulness and attention to detail.

2.) Location: Prague is an incredible city. It's beautiful and has a lot of history as well as sites to see. Night life is humming with activity and a myriad of choices: you can have a cold beer by the river, go beer garden hopping, hit up an absinthe bar or even a 5 story club with *themed* levels. The Language house site is also within walking distance and easily accessed by tram from student housing.

3.) Community: Not only will you have a whole community of peers during the program, but you will also have access to the whole TLH staff and alums. The alums even showed us around the city our first week of school, and continue to be an active component of the program. This sense of community is also very helpful when you're later looking for jobs and need advice or other info.

4.) Teaching and Learning: The course itself is definitely not a walk in the park. If you came to party in Prague first and foremost, then this program is probably not for you. Be prepared to dedicate a lot of time to studying and lesson planning. Keep in mind your daily schedule is something like this: 9:30-1pm (class), 1pm-5pm (lesson planning/free time), 5pm-8pm (teaching). I wouldn't recommend this program to someone who is not serious about learning how to teach english. But, on the flip side, if you are really trying to learn how to teach, you're going to get more than a strong foundation at TLH.

Overall, I really enjoyed this program and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in teaching English!

Phenomenal program

The Language House Prague was an amazing program to go through to get certified to teach English. The Language House offered more than I could have ever imagined. Chris Westergaard runs a very well managed company and makes sure everyone is taken care of. Signing up with the Language House course was honestly the best decision I've ever made. Thank you Chris!

Best TEFL Course in the world

The Language House is a top notch certification program. They not only provided me with the skills needed to teach abroad, but also provided great job and housing assistance. You will also be surrounded by a great community of life long friends that are teaching all over the world. We are even having an awesome party at a castle here this weekend...one of the many perks of being a TLH alum.

Awesome

Not only did TLH provide an excellent education, it continues to provide me endless resources as an alumnus in Prague. Before I arrived to Prague. The Language House set me up with housing for the duration of the course, including transportation from the airport to my apartment. During the course, the helpful teachers ensured that I was more than prepared to enter the world of teaching English, helping me to prepare my own lesson plans and requiring hours of student teaching in a classroom to engage in real life experience. Beyond the education, TLH created a community of TEFL graduates in Prague and made my transition moving abroad incredibly smooth. All the thumbs up.

Probably the Best Choice I've Made

Three years ago, I took The Language House (TLH)'s one-month accreditation course to be an English teacher here in Prague. A lot of the awesomeness of the last three years is due to that decision.

While I no longer teach (I work in marketing here), TLH's intensive course gave me the framework to be a decent teacher from the start. Also, the chance to do real hands-on lessons with actual students, with a trained observer giving guidance and feedback, is invaluable.

The owner of the program truly cares about the alumni, and it shows. The greatest thing about TLH (and what makes it, in my opinion, leagues ahead of any other Prague alternatives) is that it has a strong network of graduates who stick together, help one another, and are in my own personal opinion, among the smartest, most interesting, and most thoughtful people I've met in my life. Some of the alum from my month's course are now my lifelong friends.

So, when you're looking for an accreditation course, I think you can maybe find similar quality in one or two courses, in terms of the teaching preparation. But you absolutely won't find the network and community that comes with TLH. It is both invaluable and irreplacable.

If you're looking to move abroad and teach English (and in Prague, which is an amazing city), you're best bet is definitely The Language House.

Most Helpful Experience

I can't imagine my life in Prague had I not signed up with The Language House. The training is not just extensive, but also fun and interesting. The entire staff is super nice and really knows their stuff (both grammar and teaching). Also, the other students (about 20) in my class were such wonderful people. I've been in Prague for 2 years now, and some of my best friends are people from my TLH course. Getting your TEFL certificate with TLH is a perfect way to have a successful start in a new country. Everyone from my class had a job within a month of completion. I teach at two preschools now and I couldn't be happier :)

GREAT Experience!

One of the best decisions and experiences of my life. I received an A+ stellar TEFL education under Chris Westergaard’s and his amazing staff’s tutelage. I started working right away with their assistance, I became grounded in a foreign culture and country without any big hiccups, and I continue to feel supported and integrated into the TEFL community that The Language House provides. I honestly can’t suggest this course and this school more highly. Run, don’t walk, to The Language House in Prague!

Just Do It

The Language House opened up a new world to me at a time in my life when I needed a new world opened up. I'm living in Prague and working at a translation company now. I'm making it happen! A lot of luck plays into making it happen abroad, but also a lot of help along the way. The Language House was and continues to be my help along the way. It's how I made the friends I have over here, how I found a place to live in, how I figured almost everything out about navigating the proverbial waters of living and being overseas (i.e., getting a visa, getting a work permit, etc.).

Consider doing this course. It doesn't matter how old you are, what your background is. It takes a little cheese, but if you take it seriously and put in the work, it pays off in ways you can't possible know unless you Just Do It!

• Academic Support

The Language House is home, the world is our backyard!

I started off in another course, but quickly found it to be incompetent. I called up The Language House and they immediately made me feel confident and at home. I never felt behind or lonely.

The course is intensive, but it is presented in the way you are meant to teach, so you get to see the method, as well as practice it yourself with your own Czech students! Before I started the course, I only ever worked with children, and was terrified of teaching adults. While I still like working with kids better, I can go into a classroom of adults confident and sure of my ability to teach.

The network of alumni is abundant and welcoming. It is a way to connect and make friends, and build your professional network. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

Everyday I am TEFLing

The Language House has been such an awesome experience! They have provided so much help and encouragement throughout the journey. Also, the community that create makes the adjustment to living abroad so much easier and exciting. Westergaard will do anything for anyone of his students! It was a great experience! The course is challenging and demanding but you will come out prepared and ready to teach!

The Language House and Prague

I moved to Prague over a year ago and it was a great decision! It is an amazing city: a great place for a short teaching stint or starting a career in ESL. I prefer working in the private preschool setting, but it is easy to find work here at any age level.

I couldn't have made the smooth transition to life as an ESL teacher without the Language House. It is a very intensive course that will consume you for a full month, but you will come out on the other side as a capable teacher. I had not experience with teaching before the course, but it prepares you in every way: lesson planning, public speaking, linguistic theory, job placement, connections with local schools...I cannot recommend this school enough.

• Academic Support

The Language House: A life-changer!

I can't say enough about how incredible my experience with The Language House was. The course, indeed, was intense and very thorough, but it was taught in the most fantastic and fun way. The teachers are friendly and very knowledgeable, and are available in any way they can to help you.

TLH promotes and encourages a family-like experience through orientation, tours, and many social events during and after the course. It offers so much more than just the TEFL certificate. You gain lifelong friends along the way, and become a part of the supportive community to help you make this beautiful city your new home.

• Academic Support

Best TEFL course I could've hoped for!

I took the course at The Language House in 2012 and I still live in Prague to this day. From the very beginning, I felt like The Language House was really supportive and helpful. I had never been to Prague before, but I knew I wanted to live in Europe. I had a friend who did the course here in Prague and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the course and the city. The accommodations were in a great location really close to the center of the city which was perfect for getting to class everyday and sightseeing. The lessons were fun and engaging, but the thing that helped prepare me the most for being a real English teacher was the time spent teaching real Czech students. The Language House required all of us to teach many hours in front of real Czech students and I couldn't have asked for a better way to prepare for actually being a teacher here. The time I spent in front of the classroom made me more comfortable and confident as a teacher and as a result, it was easy for me to find a job afterwards! They were also incredibly helpful by giving a resume workshop and by posting job opportunities on a daily basis.

The Language House provided me with the proper tools to go out and find a job here, but they also provided me with a second family. I came to Prague not knowing anyone and I immediately bonded with all the people in my course. What I didn't know was that The Language House community would really grow to be my family. There is a huge Language House Alum group in Prague and everyone was so welcoming. I can definitely say that if it hadn't been for the wonderful people I met through the Language House, I wouldn't still be in Prague today. All in all I can't say enough positive things about The Language House!! If you're thinking about teaching abroad and want to be in an incredible fairytale city (and let's face it who doesn't?) then this program is for you!!

• Academic Support

Experience of a Lifetime!

The Language House TEFL has changed my life. I couldn't have hoped for a better experience. The program was everything I needed it to be. It provided a solid foundation for teaching in the real world. It emphasized the importance of knowing, understanding, and being able to comfortably explain grammar and other language concepts. It also required double the amount of student teaching--which was stressful at times, but definitely worth it. I graduate the program feeling more confident entering the teaching workforce in Prague than I could've hoped for. The course also provides an unbeatable social life. The friendships and connections that are made through TLH are golden.

Great Preparation for Teaching

This program definitely prepared me to teach in Prague--the instructors were extremely helpful as I was applying for schools, planning demo lessons, and even just fielding general questions about getting settled in Prague. I also made some good friends in this course and enjoy the sense of community TLH fosters even after you graduate!

• Academic Support

A smart step to a new career

Choosing The Language House as my TEFL provider was one of the smartest things I've ever done. They offer all the help and support you need to move abroad and learn to teach English. Without the 12 hours of teaching practice I never would have been able to teach a class with any confidence.

More than a Fairytale

I came to Prague to change my life and do something extraordinary while I could. I had no idea what I was getting into when I took the course at The Language House, but it has been so rewarding. The staff are experts, and dedicated to preparing and training the best teachers. I have had no bad job interviews, and part of this comes from being branded with The Language House reputation. Language schools all over Prague know the school, and are impressed with its graduates. I learned so much about being an effective teacher and so much about who I am personally and professionally. Another huge perk of being a graduate is the community that you automatically fall into. I have met so many wonderful people here and am grateful for the connections that The Language House has provided.

Awesome course!

If you're looking for the chance to teach English and live abroad look no further, this is the course to get your adventure started! I took the TEFL course at the Language House this past May and I couldn't be happier with the opportunity it has given me to be able to live and work in Prague. The course itself was well structured and the staff was very helpful. I was a little nervous about packing everything up and moving to a foreign country where I had never been before but because of the strong network and community the Language House has full of past graduates it was a lot easier to make connections with those inside and outside of the course I completed. If you're looking for an adventure and chance to live abroad, I highly recommend the Language House in Prague!

Fantastic TEFL and Young Learners Training

I took my TEFL with The Language House and I'm really happy I did. The teachers are all well trained and professional. Many go way above and beyond in their work to really provide a high quality course that will help to enhance student's teaching ability.

The only thing I wish they improved upon was their Visa assistance, but I'm fairly sure Chris is working on it.

King TEFL Awaits...

Going on this course is easily the best decision I've ever made. Moving to a new country is a terrifying experience for anyone but The Language House made it so enjoyable and rewarding that it's hard to look back. A fantastic course is on offer that can prepare anyone for working as an English teacher here in Prague or anywhere else. Reflecting on it a year later I have no complaints. Simply wonderful.

August TEFL Course

I received my TEFL certification from The Language House in August and had an absolutely amazing experience. I would recommend this program to anyone who is interested in teaching abroad. The staff is very welcoming and helpful and genuinely cares about your success. They do whatever they can to make you feel prepared to teach and help you adjust to life abroad. If you're even slightly considering getting your TEFL certification and moving to Europe this is the way to go, you won't regret it!

Two Thumbs Up for The Language House TEFL Course

I took the TEFL course at the Language House this past August of 2015. It is incredible how much you learn in just a short four weeks about being a teacher and living life abroad. The staff is extremely helpful and is there to support and encourage you every step of the way. If you are interested in teaching abroad in a beautiful city while meeting awesome people, then you will definitely not regret attending The Language House course. I will never forget my experience here and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an adventure of a lifetime!

• Academic Support

Terrific course. Wouldn't change a thing!

After graduating from their TEFL course earlier this year along with the Young Learners Teaching program – I’m now successfully working as an English teacher in Prague and can confidently say I have been trained and well-equipped for the TEFL world thanks to The Language House. Chris Westergaard and the entire school a terrific job at caring for their trainees (even finding me last minute accommodation arrangements!) and preparing them well for teaching in the long run. I can't recommend a better place to do the course.

August course

This course offers a great learning experience to anyone who wants to teach abroad. Without close to any teaching experience, I quickly absorbed and practiced teaching many different levels of English students. In the first part of the day we went to class and learned about teaching methodology and in the second part of the day (Monday through Thursday) we each taught a forty-five minute English class. In our free time we lesson planned and explored as much of the city as we could.

BEST TEFL PROGRAM IN PRAGUE

When I decided I was going to take the plunge and move abroad to teach English, I was unsure about what school to earn my TEFL certificate with. The minute I stumbled upon the Language House I knew it was the right school. I thought it was too good to be true - the reviews of past graduates were phenomenal, the staff seemed very involved and friendly, and it was located in beautiful Prague (with helpful housing for the month of the program). But it was everything I could have hoped for in a TEFL program and more. I met amazing people, learned so much from the teachers and observers, and felt really prepared entering into the English teaching world. Their vast alumni community immediately makes you feel welcome, and if you think you might want to try teaching somewhere else in the world, the Language House provides you with people and resources that can help you do just that. I decided to stay in Prague because I LOVE it here, and they were very helpful with providing us with various job opportunities all over the city. If you are considering moving to Prague (or anywhere, really) to teach English, look no further for the best TEFL program.