The Intern Group participants The Intern Group participants

International Internships & Volunteer Programs in London

Digital automotive marketing intern

The Intern Group provided me with a life-changing experience that I will never forget. In addition to having the time of my life, I made friendships that I will take with me and job experience that makes me stand out to possible future employers. I couldn't have asked for more when going abroad.

London summer internship

The experience with the Intern Group in London was very valuable to me. I was immersed in the great metropole with other people and students who were just as ambitious, curious and open-minded as me. Besides having great peer students to communicate and go out with at home, the program provided me a fantastic professional internship in the financial services industry in Mayfair, where many prestigious small-medium sized investment firms are established. The work environment was very tough in the beginning, having to do much grunt work like drafting business plans; but over time, I was given more and more responsibility and even handled my own few clients. It was a hard piece of work, but all the more rewarding in the end.

The Intern Group also sponsors fun events on the weekends or evening during the week to get more familiar with the intimidating city of London. There are so many things to do, but the people in place always had great recommendations and ideas matching your own interests.

An amazing experience

This summer I experienced my first time traveling to a foreign country and my first time working in my desired career field, film and television. Through my internship with Intern London, I was introduced to and immersed in the film and T.V. industry and I met some amazing people who I was able to explore London and other parts of England with. Participating in this program was a great experience for me, helped me grow as an individual, and gave me an insight to working with a T.V. production company. I would definitely recommend participating in this program.

Life changing opportunity

I had a truly incredible experience with this program!! The leadership in this program was absolutely phenomenal. The application process was simple and clear. the program is very helpful in figuring out and completing tasks before your internship. once you arrive they make the whole move in process easy by having individualized packets and room accommodations ready! throughout my internship they hosted many social events as a way to meet new people and explore new aspects and areas of London!! I had a lot of fun and really glad i was apart of this program

Experiencing London

My name is Allyson Hibdon and I was in London for a 6 week internship at Bacchus PR here in London. Bacchus is one of the top PR companies in London and I had the privilege of interning with the restaurant team. Overall, my experience with both Bacchus and the Intern Group Programme has been wonderful. I didn't really know or understand what a PR company did or how important they were until I got to intern here. Everyone made me feel welcome on my first day and was keen to giving me directions, showing me how to get places for lunch, and overall being really friendly.
The Intern Group were equally wonderful. They keep you busy from the moment you land with social events and outings. These outings are what kept me from feeling lonely and they're also how I met the 2 girls I do everything with now!
I did not have any really bad experiences with the Intern Group. The only irritating things that happened were beyond their control such as tube strikes going on and slow wifi that often crashed in the accommodation, and my office was almost 2 hours away if there was heavy traffic.
I advise that you do research on your company before hand, find your company the day before, go to the meetups even if you think you're too tired. You will regret it if you don't! Also, leave earlier than you normally would on Thursdays. I don't know why, but the tubes get ridiculously crazy and traffic is extra heavy. I would also advise you use the sim card and pay the £20 for data. I didn't and I regret it. There were times I would get lost or construction would be going on and I needed my maps and now have a hefty phone bill waiting for me when I get back. I also advise that you travel while you're here! I was able to go to Wales, Dublin, and Amsterdam while here and it was the best of times.

I would recommend this programme to anyone and everyone.

That's how London became my new home

There's a moment in our lives in which we realise that we have to make a change.
It happened to me 4 months ago, when after an MA in Media Production and no working opportunities on the horizon, I decided to live an international experience and apply for the Intern Group London programme. I couldn't have done a better and more rewarding choice: after 3 months of internship, I'm now a full employee in a London based video production company.

This wouldn’t have been possible without the assistance of the Intern London Team: from the beginning, they establish a personal, supportive and receptive relationship, they listen to your needs and find the most suitable working placement for you. During my internship I had the chance to meet people, take responsibility of several projects, travel, improve my skills, increase my self confidence in a working environment.

I was also provided of a really comfortable accommodation, since it was located in zone 2, exactly halfway between my office and the centre of London. Sharing the apartment with other students/interns was another bright side of this programme: I had the chance to meet lots of people from different countries, to share many experiences with them and therefore to grow up as a person. I never felt alone or lost, since every week a meet up or event was organized for us.

Even if from a distance London may seem a huge city, with a bad weather and terrible food, don’t miss the opportunity to take part of Intern London programme: Natalie and Melisha will make sure to prove you wrong and you’ll find out how incredible, multicultural and inspiring this city could be and how easy is to adjust to its lifestyle. Right now, I couldn’t live anywhere else.

Intern London

I have always wanted to experience living and working in London and the Intern Group London made that possible! My 8 week placement here in London was the perfect opportunity to experience a different world, meet new people and grow as a person. My intern placement was incredible and exactly what I was looking for. The meet-ups organised by the Program Coordinators were a great opportunity to meet other interns from all over the world! Participating in this program has truly been one of the best experiences of my life. Natalie and Melisha at Intern London were amazing and always willing to help out when needed! I would definitely recommend this program to anyone who wants to experience London!

Best decision I've made

Choosing to go to London for an internship was an amazing experience that was made extremely doable and easier with help from the Intern Group. Right from the start, they helped me through the process from writing a CV to applying for my visa and getting me to my accommodation.

Along with helping you get an amazing internship in an incredible city, they make sure that you meet other people through meet ups at great places in the city and experience as much of London as you can in your time there. In the program, the get you an oyster card for unlimited travel in zones one and two, which gives you unlimited travel right in the center of London! Along with the card, you get to have High Tea, go on the London Eye and go to the theater.

Overall, this was an experience that I will never forget and will forever be glad that I took the opportunity to take part in. I met some of the most incredible people during my stay and had some of the most amazing time while in London. I also walked away with new skills learned not only from the internship but from the Intern Group. If you get the opportunity to use them, definitely take it and you will not regret it!

Unparalleled experience that set the foundation for my career

I was a shy undergraduate before I started my journey with the Intern Group in the London location. My internship enabled me to have an incredible experience in the summer - an unparalleled experience that set the foundation for my career. I was able to work with industry leaders in the financial and information security sector. I gained an infinite amount of skills and level of confidence that I never thought I could. The program coordinators were very professional and helpful and I would re-live the experience in a heartbeat. Since the internship, I have acquired a skill set and I am considered a hot commodity in the job market. I could not do it without Intern Group.

Exceeded all my expectations

I participated in an 8 week program with Intern London in March 2015. Signing up I was hesitant about what the program involved and whether I would enjoy my time. I needn't have worried at all.
The Intern Group are an extremely attentive group of professionals who are committed to finding the best internship they can for you. They help manage any doubts or fears you have and I ended up in a journalism internship where I was given a lot of responsibility and was published numerous times.
On top of this, I found my accomodation brilliant and in zone 2 which meant travel into central London was easy and relatively fast. Your travel costs are included in the program fee which means less stress in worrying about having money on your oyster card. Because of this I was able to travel and see London on my weekends and during my evenings.
I made a lovely group of friends during my stay and was able to see them all at the social activities also organised by The Intern Group. The program is brilliant in that you can make it your own - you can be as social as you'd like, you have all the support you need, and on top of all of this, there are extras offered including what I would describe as a complete online personality screening which gives you a fantastic look at how you individually operate in the working environment.
I felt any question I had was answered quickly, and the whole program allowed me to push my boundaries and grow as a person.
Sign up immediately! The team at Intern London will look after you brilliantly and you will have a once in a lifetime experience.

I would do it again in a heartbeat

If you are looking for a program where you will be able to grow as a person, have the liberty to make your own decisions, but also have a full staff ready to help you then the Intern Group is definitely it!

I knew I wanted an experience abroad, but I wanted to make sure that I did it with the right program. After researching and reading endless reviews, I decided that Intern London was the best choice. Once I got to London, I was able to experience for myself all that Intern London had to offered. From a warm welcome with the staff and other interns, to countless meet ups arranged by our Experience Coordinator in different parts of London. They even made sure I had the best way to get to my internship!

If I have to say what is the one thing I enjoyed the most about living in London is definitely walking in the streets and hearing at least five different languages being spoken at the same time! It might be a simple thing, but it makes me smile even thinking about it. London is full of people from every part of the world, so yes it is definitely the place where you can make some international friends!

Probably the best summer of my life

I've said it once and I'll say it again: doing an internship abroad after college was the best decision I've ever made. Not only am I getting work experience that will help me in the future, I also get the chance to live in a different city, experience a different culture, meet people from around the world and make every day a new experience. From the beginnning, I had great support from The Intern Group, answering all my questions and helping during the visa process. They made the application process less stressful for me. This experience has given me the opportunity to grow as a person, to have a new perspective in life and meet incredibly people. If you are afraid of living abroad, don't be! There is nothing to be afraid of! Step outside your comfort zone, go see the world and meet new people. This is the time do it!

2 months in London England

What a wonderful way to start off 2015 in a new city, halfway across the globe. I wouldn't change a thing about my internship and am so grateful for the lifelong global friendships I have established as a result. The customer service provided by The Intern Group was superb as well as all of the social events that are already organized for you to enjoy during your stay. Being able to experience what it's truly like working in the field you are hoping to pursue is invaluable. I was welcomed with open arms to the company I worked for and every associate was more than willing to help and assist wherever needed.

The city of London is forever rewarding, with new buildings/sights/attractions to explore on your weekends. Even in the coldest month of January, when I came to London, I never found myself bored or without something new I wanted to do.

The transportation is very efficient and interconnected, allowing you to travel the city extensively without having to worry about losing your way. The accommodations are situated in a safe neighbourhood within reasonable proximity to tube stations/bus stops/grocery stores and more. The flats are clean and well-kept and are cleaned weekly which was a lovely addition.

All in all, without hesitation I would recommend The Intern Group London to any recent graduate craving an international adventure with a beneficial academic pay off. You truly do get the best of both worlds.

Internship at Whizz-Kidz

As part of the Intern Group's Intern In London program, I was given the opportunity to intern/volunteer at Whizz-Kidz, a U.K. based non-profit organization (NPO). It should be noted that internships with NPO's do not typically pay interns, and other interns in your program may be receiving payment at their respective placements. However, if you're like me, this will not bother you as Whizz-Kidz does extremely valuable work for non-mobile young people. My accommodation was located a 2 minute walk from the Farringdon Underground Station roughly 25 minutes by tube from the office's location in Central London, a stone's throw from the Victoria Underground Station. I worked with the Customer Service team and found it to be a really pleasant experience. They were very kind and welcoming, keeping the work environment lighthearted but professional when the situation called for it. I was tasked mostly with processing handwritten pre-clinic and therapist support forms into an electronic database known as the C.S.D. Occasionally I would also be asked to send follow-up emails or letters to people had not responded to the charity's previous correspondence. Overall, the work was simple to get the hang of and my co-workers were always supportive and helpful if I was unsure of how to complete something. Not once did I feel uneasy about asking for assistance. The office environment also has a far more lax dress code than many other placements, meaning interns won't necessarily have to buy a new wardrobe beforehand. On the whole, I enjoyed my placement with Whizz-Kidz and the general experience of Intern London. It's a great city filled with interesting people and places.

Live like a Londoner, work like a Londoner!

In this globalized world, it is important to have hands-on experience working in foreign country in order to a better insight towards the global market. You may argue that the experience can also be obtained by working in a multinational corporation, yet, working abroad provides a valuable opportunity to live locally, work locally, and think locally.

The reason why I apply for the London program is that London is one of the most international cities, with good cultural conservation. Work is one of the most important parts of life, so does cultural experience. Therefore, I decided to take part in this program.

I was working as a development intern for Academy of St Martin in the Fields, which is a chamber orchestra touring around the world, and my job was researching potential funding prospects and providing administrative help if necessary. Other than office duties, I even got a chance to attend the orchestra practice and see these talented artists performing in front of me. As a music lover, it was a remarkable moment of my life. Even though the development team was not in the peak season, therefore, I did not have much to do at that moment, this allows me to help the other team, concert team, which actually provides variety in my job.

To live as a Londoner, traffic jam is the problem you encounter daily, but still, it is an "unforgettable" experience. Apart from that, cultural activities organized by the program provide a great chance to meet other interns and explore London together. For me, I traveled around London and even Dublin with my new friends, creating a wonderful memory.

The Greatest Summer of My Life

My name is Reanna Pilkington and I had a 10 week Theatre Internship program at the Space Arts Centre in London, England. This summer was one of the most fantastical experiences of my life. Not only did I get to live in one of the greatest cities in the world and work for a fringe theatre that Ian Mckellan is a patron of, I met some of the most incredible people I’ve ever known. This experience was a real eye opener for me as I am a nineteen year old student that lives with her parents that was thrown onto another continent on her own with nothing but an internship and whatever I could fit into my suitcase. Thankfully the Intern Group was more than helpful with making sure that I arrived and survived my ten week program. For those looking at this program and wondering if this is the company to choose for your internship I’ll list why this is the one that will ensure your best experience.

1. Incredibly friendly and accommodating staff who are always happy to answer all of your questions, and I mean ALL. I can confirm this as I asked about 400, and received timely and elaborate responses. Though emailing can be tedious they will always be available help you from the application till the day you leave your keys on your bed when moving out.
2. Your unlimited Oyster is included in the cost. This will save you hours of stress and provide you with the one thing you need more than anything to survive in London, transportation!
3. Meetups! Meetups! Meetups! Optional but incredible meetups at various fun and new locations that will help you get acquainted with the city and other interns. I have to be honest without meetups I would have been hanging out on my own until far into my program. I met some of my best friends at these things as well as gained experiences I would have missed otherwise, like High Tea, The London Eye, Cereal Killer Cafe, etc.
4. Awesome living situation with Host International. I cannot speak for everyone but I personally loved my flat and its location. Just outside of central London, it felt a bit more authentic than the London you witness at Westminster. I lived with a rotating cast of 4 other housemates, and was lucky enough to have the only en suite bathroom in the house. It was clean and lots of amenities were provided, we were also very close to buses and the jubilee line. Also they have cleaners come in to clean and give you free toilet paper, score!

These are the main benefits the Intern Group offers that I would not have survived very easily without. My internship itself was different than I expected, I showed up on the first day in a dress, blazer and heels to find my employer and coworkers in jeans and jumpers, so it was safe to say I overdressed. We also worked in a portacabin which I wasn’t expecting, but as the theatre I worked with was in a historical church there was no room in the building for the office. Once I started dressing casually and began to understand the processes of the many systems and social media accounts I can safely say that it was one of the coolest jobs I’ve ever had. I got to work on so many different aspects of running a theatre which also meeting so many remarkable people like Louise Jameson who was doing a show at our theatre, I also got to see a large amount of these shows for free which was amazing. The location was right near Canary Wharf which allowed another side of London to be experienced that I otherwise never would have seen. Adam, Isabel and Keri were incredible bosses, I would recommend the Space to anyone who has a love for theatre and writing tweets. I gained many employable skills from this experience involving computers, organization and public relations work.

My only issues with the trip were of things that had nothing to do with the Intern Group control, such as tube strikes, rerouting of bus routes, bad quality wifi, and the exchange rate. So when looking for an internship, research as I did, but know that there are very little, if any, other programs that offer this kind of experience as a whole. My advice to you is to make sure you get a 20 pound 3 sim card for your phone, go find your internship before your first day and put yourself out there, have the greatest most worthwhile experience you can. Remember that “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life” -Samuel Johnson.

I'd like to thank Natalie, Melisha, the intern group and all the amazing friends I'm hoping to see again this summer. This experience changed my life!

What's next? I'm off too another adventure!

London Lover

I loved my time in London. London is an absolutely amazing city and if it wasn't for the Intern Group I would not have been able to spend 4 months there. The Intern Group made the whole process super easy and helped me to acquire an amazing internship that I truly enjoyed. Also, the Intern London staff was always friendly and efficient. If there was any type of issue, they were always there to help! Everything about London was amazing and I would recommend doing an internship abroad!

Life Changing Experience

This has been one of the best experiences of my life. I am so glad that I chose to apply thru Intern London. I have made friends from all over the world that I know will be life long friends. Meeting new people both from the intern group and those that I met thru my work position, I have gained such valuable knowledge and insight; this is truly a life changing experience.
When I arrived in the UK, I added my intern position to my resume and linkedin profile; last week I was contacted for an interview in my hometown with a design firm who found my information, resume, and online portfolio...the owners are originally from London. If this amazing experience has helped land me a job, that is just even more of a reason for students, no matter where they are in their studies, to complete an international internship with a wonderful company like Intern London.
I would highly recommend this for everyone!
Thanks,
Krystal

Amazing experience!

Hi everybody! I recommend Intern London as a provider for your internship in London.

The staff is really helpful and the events organised during my time in London were great. The accommodation was really nice also. It was located in zone 2 along the Thames river and I had a bus stop in front of it. So, it was easy reaching my workplace, shops and a big supermarket (Tesco).

Thanks to Intern London I had my first work experience as a marketing intern in an international company which gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about the world of work and how to work in team. I'm sure about that I acquired relevant skills which will be useful for my future goals and my future career.

In addition, London is an amazing city. So, there are always interesting festivals and new exhibitions. What is my favourite aspect of London? Its intercultural and international climate.