The Intern Group participants The Intern Group participants

International Internships in New York

My fun time in NYC

This internship has been the best experience of my life. I've met some incredible like minded people who have become friends for life. My placement with Mycheck has given me the opportunity to take part in various aspects of business and work with people from a different culture which has helped develop me in a business sense and at a personal level. Living in New York has been as good as it appears on tv and has given me so much confidence, I guess the saying if you can make it in New York you can make it anywhere really is true. The best part of the internship without a doubt is the social life run by Brian the intern coordinator. The weekly Saturday adventures exploring the city a full of laughs and fun meeting new interns and hanging around with friends. These trips allow you to explore New York like a tourist without having to organise yourself to much. Overall this has been the best adventure of my life and I will be forever grateful to the intern New York program for organising such a magical time for me.

Amaziiiing

Nyc has allowed me to fit in easily. Has been home and in some way has tap into unknown part of my mind. The people, the working environment, the street art, the colourful shuttle from times square to grand central, the cultural diversification and the ease to immerse in it has been tripping at some point.

Thank the Intern Group!

Marketing internship in New York

I had a mobile marketing internship at unidos financial. The internship was fun, I managed the Facebook groups and had a final project of presenting three marketing campaign ideas which was good for my marketing experience. however I would of liked to of had more to do.

The accommodation 92y has a lot to be desired - the shared bathroom and kitchen was not ideal, the rooms are not great. But it's clean and did the job.

BUT, overall I had the best time and absolutely love New York! I was never stuck for things to do and met some lovely friends. Also if you like going out the nightlife is incredible!!
Finally: 10/10 for Brian!! He made me feel welcome and at home straight away and the events he organised were fun and provides opportunity to meet the other interns.
Kathryn, Amy, Andy and Nicholos were also really helpful and friendly throughout the whole process despite the trouble I had with my visa sponsor.

I would definitely recommend the intern New York program, it was an unforgettable experience and would love to do it all over again.

Interning in New York

I interned at a start-up firm called Newpop as a marketing intern. I really enjoyed my internship and felt that it suited me really well. I was able to go to meetings with retailers and participate in the presentation of sales calls. I also attended food industry dinners in Long Islands where they presented their market 2017 market plan. I was also lucky enough to go to a four-day event in Baltimore for the Expo East food Show which was a great experience. I had the best time in New York and would highly recommend the Intern Group to anymore considering to do work experience abroad. The events coordinator Brian was great at organising events on the weekends and helped everyone make friends and ensured everyone felt at home really quickly. I honestly couldn’t recommend it enough and Amy, Kathryn and Andy from the New York team helped me so much before I came out to New York and ensured that everything ran smoothly.

Big apple intern

I highly recommend this internship to anyone who wants to experience living in one of the best city's in the world. The weekends were so much fun and allowed us to explore a lot of New York. The internship itself was thoroughly rewarding and such a great experience, definitely helping me out for future job interviews and gaining experience!

It was a great experience and a lot of fun.

6 Weeks in NYC

My time in New York with the intern group was one of the best experiences of my life.

I found the planning stages of the internship quite stressful, the visa process was left until the last minute, meaning that I was unable to book my flights until the day before I was due to leave. For anyone applying I would recommend that you persistently check up on the visa process, and ensure that you can be lenient about your start date.

Other than that, the whole experience was fantastic. I stayed in the upper west side accommodation Hotel 99. It was basic but fine, each room had a fridge and tv, and the shared bathroom was kept incredibly clean. There were no gym facilities at this accommodation however, so if this is important to you that may be an issue. The accommodation was very similar to student halls, not luxurious but totally fine.

The best part of the experience was without a doubt the weekend social activities. Brian was the most wonderful tour guide and made all the trips and events really good fun. Everyone was really keen to make friends and I always felt included in all of the activities.

The internship itself was good fun. At first I didn't feel that my job matched the description I had been given, but Kathryn from the intern group was really helpful when it came to sorting this out.

I would urge anyone who is on the fence about applying to just go for it. New York is a city like no other, and everyone should get the opportunity to live there at some point, even if only for a little while!

Internship with Axis Gallery

The Intern NY team were fantastic! They did everything that they could to make sure that the internship matched my needs. Andy and Brian were always at hand to make sure that I was fine and that I was getting the most out of the programme. The highlight of the internship were the workshops Intern NY on various skills that I felt were applicable outside the work place. These were incredibly valuable! Thank you Intern NY.

Intern New York

I have just finished my internship with Intern New York and it has been an amazing experience. The staff there honestly try their hardest to help you get the absolute best out of your internship. They are with you every step of the journey and constantly offer their help and services, whether it's with something small such as a problem with your accommodation or something bigger such as a problem with your visa or a problem you have at work; they try their hardest to get it fixed quickly and efficiently.

They provide a social community where they try to actively get all interns to interact with each other and form a community. They also organize cool activities amongst the interns such as Top of The Rock, Sightseeing Cruise around the Hudson River, 9/11 Memorial Tour and many more.

Overall, my experience with The Intern Group has been amazing, they make you feel part of the community they have created and make themselves become not only colleagues, but friends too. I would genuinely recommend them to anyone thinking about interning in New York as I believe you will not be disappointed with your experience. After all, who can say no to interning in New York City – The city that never sleeps.

Interning in New York city

The Intern Group New York provided me with a fantastic internship opportunity in the heart of New York City. With my office in Times Square I was instantly into the swing of things and the busy lifestyle of the average New Yorker, with the daily commute from the Upper East side. With the accommodation only a few blocks away from Central Park there was also opportunity to relax in the park and escape the bustling city.

The Intern New York way of working by week and tourist by weekend, is a great way of experiencing New York at its finest, with so many events planned every weekend by the ever enthusiastic Brian Limbo, Intern New York's Experience Coordinator ensuring that no weekend was wasted. A boat tour on the Hudson, a trip to the 9/11 memorial and to Top of the Rock all included as well as a variety of trips to some of New York's most famous museums. My experience was not just limited to Intern Group events, with the flexibility to experience New York on your own or with fellow interns whether that be sporting events or a show on Broadway.

New York is a fantastic place to do an internship and gain contacts in whatever career path you may choose. And I would recommend Intern New York when considering working abroad in one of the greatest cities in the world!

Judicial Intern in the BIG CITY

I love this experience, of coming to work and live in New York City; definitely a dream come true. My overall experience of this internship was awesome. At first, I was a little hesitant, as I have never been so far away from home for more than a month at a time, so for 3 months, it was a bit stepping stone for me. However, both Brian and the other inters made me feel welcome, and became my home away from home: my new family for this period. I would definitely recommend coming through the Intern Group to my friends and family; the process was easy enough, and the my internship job, as a judicial intern working underneath a sitting Judge in New York City, was awesome (to say the least). I honestly could not have asked for a better employer to work under, especially since I intend to return to NYC to sit for their Legal Bar Exam, in the future. All in all, GREAT EXPERIENCE & I AM TRUE SAD TO LEAVE.

Most challenging and valuable experience in my life!

I always knew I want to do an internship in NYC as it is perceived as being one of the most competitive and challenging places in the world. Besides having many opportunities, NYC is a place where you can never be bored.
I applied for an internship program through Intern Group who provided me with 2 options. I had 2 interviews and I have been selected to intern at the U.S. Senate. I have been so happy and thankful that Intern Group was able to connect me with the Senate which is one of the most competitive places.
I need to say that the placement has been delayed and procedure of applying was really stressful. However, I was really happy once I have been placed.
If you are interested in politics, foreign policy and overall work at the Senate office, this is the best place to do an internship. I was an intern for 2 months, full time. Staff highly appreciates work of interns. If you work hard, they will notice it and you will progress day by day.
I did my best and therefore I was selected to attend Oath Ceremony and recite pledge of allegiance in front of 65 people who were naturalized. This was a great honour an privilege!
During an internship I also volunteered for Hillary Clinton's campaign.
Intern Group staff is really helpful. Make sure that you apply soon enough so they will place you ASAP. The hardest thing was to obtain visa on time.
Staffer Nicolas was really helpful and always responded immediately to my emails. Also, Brian who was our experience coordinator, tried really hard to make us feel like we are all one big family.
After finishing this internship so many doors have opened for me. I am really thankful to InternGroup! I would suggest everyone to apply. It is worth the money you pay, indeed. I cannot think of better long-term investment.

Amazing time

My stay in New York was amazing.
At first, I was a little bit sceptical when I first read about the Intern Group, but I only can say it was one of my best times of my life. At my Internship at Hickies I could learn a lot and it suited really good to my already previous undertaken internships. My colleagues were really friendly and helpful. I really have to thank the Intern Group to bring me together with this company.
Also, my stay in New York was fascinating. Especially with Brian our coordinator, who was really motivating and made our life in New York to an amazing experience.
A big thank you to Brian to give us such an amazing time and all the new friends which I made there.

London to New York

For anyone looking at applying to The Intern Group I say, do it. I was extremely nervous and worried about everything and anything a person could possibly ever worry about, but as soon as I met up with others on the programme and the programme co-ordinator I realised I would be just fine. I have had the most amazing experience making new friends and learning a new culture that I will remember forever. The trips are great, the accommodation (as long as you don't expect the Ritz) is fab and the people are wonderful. The only thing I would say is be a bit fussier about your placement than I was, I've learnt valuable experience that I am sure I will use however if you're looking at coming for a longer period of time than I did, make sure the company is somewhere you REALLY want to work. 6 weeks has not been long enough! Thank you Intern New York!

Megan Brittan - production internship review

Overall, I had an amazing experience! The company I was with provided the opportunities that I was looking for through contacts, not scheduled productions. Therefore, it is hard to say that using Whiteboard Pictures again would give an intern the same experience I had. Whilst I was in New York, I worked on 6 commercials, a feature film, a short film and a TV sport - an incredible amount of work for a 9 week placement. It was tiring, hard work and everything I wanted it to be! As for the Living/Social side, the location of 92Y is perfect; an amazing area and easy access to the Subway for getting to work. The accommodation itself is not the best, but is made up for by the gym membership that comes with it. The social events on the weekends (the ones that I could make when I wasn't working!) were typical and well organised. I would suggest some more variety for those staying more than 2 months. The program's assistance with Visa's and accommodation is invaluable for those interning abroad for the first time.

My internship in New York!

My Internship in New York was a once in a lifetime experience which went way too quickly ! It can definitely be listed as one of the most exciting things I've done. To make it easier I will divide the experience into pros and cons.

Pros
- The social aspect was excellent ! Every weekend we were encouraged to take part in trips and events that made us more culturally immersed in New York.
- Health and Safety was at a high standard. We could always contact our program coordinator in times of need, and were placed in really secure accommodation in a safe part of Manhattan.
- Very professional Intern Group work force. Very quick responses to emails, as well as constant contact. Information was very clear and whenever I had an issue it was normally resolved the same day.
- Very good connections to companies in New York and a vast range of networking events and experiences.

Cons
- There were a lot of hidden costs ( realistically you may end up paying up to 3,000-4,000 dollars extra due to visa costs, flights and general living costs). It may help if the Intern Group states estimates of what the other costs will be so that there are no hidden surprises.
- The visa process is VERY lengthy and for some interns it was a struggle to be able to start at their required start date, as some internship company placements weren't confirmed till only 3 months before their start date. Expect double the estimated visa allotted time for visa issuance and try and ensure that you gain a placement in good time.
- Even though the accommodation was in a nice part of Manhattan, the rooms were not the best. In especially cold times there was no heating in the rooms, broken washing machines, removal of communal cutlery e.t.c. ( However if there were any issues with rooms the Intern Group were always quick to help).

Overall : It was a fantastic once in a lifetime experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is seeking employment in the states ( I know a few girls who went on to get employment in New York !). Even though there are hidden costs it is definitely work it as it definitely helps to boost your CV and give you that much needed edge in a competitive job market.

A great experience

Spending 8 weeks in NYC was a decision I am very glad I made, as doing so has taught me a lot and has definitely opened up opportunities for me. In the program, I was specifically placed to intern with a legal firm. There, I learned a great amount about the legal system in the US, as well as the firm itself. The staff of Intern New York was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process, communication was easy and I always felt welcomed. The events held every weekend through the program were a big part of getting to know the city you are in. For me, the trips we took and events attended really solidified the entire experience. Also, the professional events were very helpful, and definitely a great resource for anyone looking to move their careers forwards. The great thing about participating with the Intern Group is that you don't only learn about the city you have chosen, but also about the countries of the other interns as well. Overall, the experience was well worth it, and you also make loads of new friends along the way!