The Intern Group participants The Intern Group participants

International Internships in Hong Kong, China

Totally worth it

A combination of three things made my experience in Hong Kong an amazing one: the city, the job, and the people. Hong Kong is everything you'd expect it to be plus more. The city is indeed electrifying, a bit chaotic (which I loved) and every corner has something new and unique to offer. Walking around with no particular place to go to at any hour of the day was one of my favorite things to do (it is super safe). But, surprisingly enough, Hong Kong is surrounded by gorgeaous sights, hikes, beaches and islands as well. What I found in Hong Kong was a city of contrasts (nature-city, east-west, Louis Vuitton-street markets, etc) and that makes it a lot of fun.
I was a placed in a technology start-up where I was given real responsability (at the same time I was expected to create value) from day 1. This was my first working experience and I couldn't have hoped for anything better, I learned tons by actually seeing how things work first-hand in the real world. And the people: I met fantastic people (fellow interns, coworkers, and IHK staff) from literally all over the world and they made my experience in Hong Kong amazing. The IHK staff is the best, each of them is so welcoming, nice and fun! 10/10

Such an extraordinary experience.

Hi, my name is Renato and i love Hong Kong. I was a bit skeptical about the whole experience but decided to go thru the admission process and got in. I've always been nature oriented and thinking about working and living in Hong Kong sounded between a nightmare and a dream. It's called the NY of Asia and now i know why. Not only the city but the quality and diversity of people living there is at the top level. I got my internship at a high-tech software company, my major is business, and got involved in a start-up about to born in the inside. The environment was so international and professional i quickly had to step up my game, meaning thinking, acting, looking and producing results like a world-class professional and, at the same time, everybody cared about my well being and that i was learning in the process. My supervisor and the CEO were both top executives and awesome people. At the end of my internship the star-up became a company and we got our first customer, a really good one. Not all is work, i got to know some of the best people i've ever met. From Europe to LatAm they were all amazing and caring. Cheers to my bro Santi. The staff is just incredible thinking ahead all your needs and organizing events with the rest of the interns. Don't think it twice, do it at once.

Hong Kong Internship

The internship placement was like nothing I expected. I must admit, I was a little suspicious at first, as I had never been abroad on programmes such as this one. My suspicion was quickly removed after I had my first Skype interview with the programme coordinators and then another one with the company I was interning at.

I am not sure I can condense my entire experience into one small review. I will therefore quickly summarise: I had the best time both in terms of work experience, cultural immersion, and getting to know new people that I will likely stay connected to for life. I learned many valuable lessons and gained an insight into the culture of Hong Kong. The programme is incredibly efficient and everything went very smoothly. I must say it was excellent, and nothing went wrong - that being said, the apartments were a little small for Western standards, but I cannot complain. It was clean and in a good location, only a 20 minute commute from my internship. It may be an issue to some people but for me it was no problem at all, in fact I was incredibly happy with the small size and location.

This programme is incredible and I can only recommend it. I learned a great deal about the industry I want to work in and gained many friendships, as well as an increased cultural understanding.

An Extremely worthwhile experience

Going to another country to live and work in is not easy but the staff at Intern Group Hong Kong were extremely helpful in helping you settle down. I was put into work in which I was given what I wanted in terms of my career path and I found my internship a worthwhile and very enjoyable experience where I have gained connections and experience which will help me in my future career. Furthermore, I met some amazing people during this internship which only made my 2 months living and working in Hong Kong even more enjoyable.

Amazing experience

After finishing university I wanted the opportunity to go travelling and work. I stumbled across The Intern Group and just applied to see 'what if' and 2 months later I was working and living in Hong Kong. The whole experience has truly been amazing and I have met the best people! The company I worked for gave me so many opportunities that contributed greatly to the whole experience. I didn't want to come home by the end! The process of it all was smooth and I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to travel but wants to gain valuable work experience. Hong Kong is amazing.

Amazing Experience

I couldn't recommend doing an internship through the intern group more. I spent 6 weeks in Hong Kong doing an internship with Maya Events. I was placed in an amazing company and met great people, all of whom the intern group connected me to. They do a great job at making sure there is always something fun going on and at making sure you meet a lot of people through the program. My only regret is that I didn't do the internship longer!

Marketing Internship

The eight weeks that I have spent in Hong Kong was amazing; it is an experience that I would never be able to forget. I was able to learn and grow so much within such a short span of time, and this mind opening journey would not have been so beautiful if not for the team at Intern Hong Kong and the interns from the program. The team at IHK are not only attentive and responsive, they are incredibly caring and friendly. Ryan, Yiyan, Jeniffer, and Gemma were by my side every step of the way, from visa application, to internship placement, to accommodations and excursions.

IHK had tried their best to tailor the internship placement to my background. I major in Marketing and as a marketing intern for an online high-end wholesale fashion company, I was in charged of their retail network along with their social media content. I was able to learn greatly from this internship, in regards to the fashion industry as a whole, and micromanagement of an online retail company in specific.

Accommodations in HK are generally quite small, however, the placements are very modern and clean. Aside from the professional internship and the accommodation, the social aspect of HK was the most educational and memorable component of my time in HK. Thanks to the two amazing event program coordinators of IHK, not only was I able to explore all the breathtaking and hidden places of the concrete jungle that is HK, I was fortunate enough to meet and befriend a group of high energy, educated, and incredibly sweet individuals that are the interns.

I love every single moment I've spent in HK and I highly recommend this program.

I couldn’t recommend it more!

The whole internship program is run superbly- I couldn’t recommend it more! The interngroup helped me organise my trip well and gave me a massive amount of details about Hong Kong before I even arrived. When I arrived in Hong Kong I was welcomed with open arms by the staff and fellow interns, I felt immediately at ease, safe, looked after and welcome. Ryan, Yiyan and Steph do an excellent job! I really enjoyed the amazing internship they helped me secure and I was given a detailed reference from my boss once I left which I believe will greatly help with future job applications. The social aspects of the group were arranged excellently, there was never a moments silence! There is a Whatsapp group where you can arrange meals, drinks and nights out after work and everyone is of a similar age and of the same mentality that we had a very fun social life. The only sad part was leaving, so I extended my time in Hong Kong for another month! I have had the most incredible, once in a life time experience and made some lifelong friends around the world.

Enriching

I found the experience as a whole great; on both a personal and professional basis I feel I have grown in ways I couldn't even articulate.
In terms of living space I have had no problem. The apartment is small, however, it is clean, bright and all the appliances work well.
Socially, HK has been fantastic. All the interns are extremely friendly and it was easy to socialise from the beginning as everyone is on the same boat (in terms of experiencing something new and being slightly nervous about it). The IHK staff have been very accommodating and friendly. They made is very easy to settle in to HK!
The internship was great. The people I worked under were very intelligent and taught me a lot. However, in terms of constructive criticism, I would have preferred to be pushed harder at work. I do appreciate the flexibility and laid back nature of the job, I just feel as though I would have learnt a lot more if the nature of the work included deadlines, proper instructions, detailed feedback etc. Additionally, some form of remuneration (even if it be paid lunch) would obviously be a preferable arrangement. If IHK could guarantee paid internships, I think I would be able to get 100 students from my university to sign up overnight; it is the only downfall! With this said, a paid internship would provide incentive for the employers of the firm to push the interns and make sure they get their moneys worth.
Holistically, HK has been great. As i stated earlier, the personal fulfilment and growth I have experienced is invaluable.

Hospitality Internship

I've had the best time in HK! This 16 weeks internship have made me a better person and I've gained so much knowledge and grown so much professionally, culturally and personally. I don't regret choosing IHK as my placement agency since they did such a great job helping me with visa application, school requirements and internship placement. They basically found a company for me to have my internship and it was a great F&B consultancy and management group, wherein I was taught basic management, marketing, accounting, retail and service. Also, it's great having the internship with them because everyone was so nice and welcoming. All the other interns with me were very well educated, open minded, friendly and fun. They built an intern community where everyone is like family. We also went out a lot and just enjoyed the internship experience outside of work. I've never felt more free and responsible. Basically, the best weeks of my life!

Intern Group Hong Kong

The Intern Group was so amazing and helped with everything making the move easy and convenient. I had an amazing apartment in Sheung Wan (near central) so I was very close to all the nightlife and work was just a short trip on the MTR.

I study accounting but I did my internship in luxury fashion wholesaling. I soon found out that this was a great combination due to the increased demand of luxury goods by people from mainland China. I recommend anyone seeking to get work in the fashion industry choose Hong Kong for this reason.

I love Hong Kong so much! It's like the New York of Asia, they have the best people and the best parties. I'm going to be really sad to leave! Will miss all the friends I made on my journey. Plan on looking for work in Hong Kong or Shanghai in the future because I just don't want to go home!

Hong Kong Tech Industry Internship

Had a really great time in Hong Kong, the intern group was a key part of that, providing the support I needed to feel comfortable working abroad for the first time. Really enjoyed my work and enjoyed the whole experience. Will be coming back to Hong Kong to continue working with PassKit in summer.

An amazing time in HK

The Intern Hong Kong staff was attentive, responsive, and assisted with almost every aspect of my time in Hong Kong. Along with that, the position I was placed in has helped set a strong foundation for my future career goals.

This journey was unforgettable! I plan on recommending this to any and everyone back home.

8 Amazing weeks in Hong Kong

From my experience, I can affirm that the Intern Group Hong Kong is a very professional company!! During the whole internship process, the company demonstrates a real care of my needs, both from the professional and the human point of view.
A the beginning, they provides me exactely the internship I was looking for, putting me in contact with high profile companies. Once you find the internship, the Intern HK take care of everything, visa and accommodation, making you very easy to settle in Hong Kong.
Even if I was a little bit afraid by the huge distance from home, thanks to the its amazing staff, I met a lot of friends from all over the world and I shared with them amazing trips, parties and unforgettable moments!
Here I found the perfect balance for a really amazing experience: a formative job, which allowed me to put in practice everything I have learnt during my university years and an amazing group of people to share with a full immersion in such an amazing country.

Mind changing experience of living and working in Asia

From the very beginning the Intern Hong Kong team was very professional and helpful. I have traveled a lot, studied my Masters degree abroad and attended numerous language courses across Europe, but my 6 weeks stay in Hong Kong was definitely one of the most comfortable trips i've ever made. The Intern HK took care of everything: visa, accommodation, networking events, so basically I was able to concentrate on work and exploring the city. Moreover, from my experience, I could say it actually makes a big difference when you have somebody local willing to help you 24 hours while living in a new country and facing a new culture. It was my first time in Asia, so of course, I was worried before coming to Hong Kong. When you don't know enough about the mentality&lifestyle getting around could be hard. However, thanks to Intern HK I met so many friends from across the globe and got to visit so many places, so actually Hong Kong felt like a second home for me right from the start. The thing I liked the most about the Intern Group is people. From my first interview with Kirstie Weston and to the moment I met the Intern Hong Kong team, Steph, Yiyan, Ryan, Kelvin everybody was so professional, attentive, caring and willing to help. The company I was interning for was really good, my boss and supervisor were amazing people. So it is actually a good thing Intern HK gets in touch with the company first, so when you start your internship you know its not going to be an odd random company with arrogant employees. By and large, I enjoyed every moment of my stay and learned a lot about Asian culture, people and business.

Holiday Internship Hong Kong

My internship at Hong Kong was extremely memorable. The community managers and fellow intern group participants were extremely helpful and friendly. They made the experience of living and working in a foreign city significantly less daunting. The activities organised by the group outside of work were also extremely well organised and interesting showing just how wonderful of a city Hong Kong is and it is an extremely vibrant and lively city. Even if you work late into the evening there is still something to do in town.

The actual internship was overall very enjoyable, the firm was extremely welcoming and taught me many things and I felt comfortable in the environment. The overall culture also made the entire experience extremely fun and enjoyable with the environment being relaxed while still having interesting work to do and learn from.

Tourism with a twist

Being an intern abroad is one of the best things I can recommend to anyone! Experience the new environment like a tourist whilst boosting your education in an foreign workplace; learning new skill sets and making new connections and networks for the future. Not only this, but being able to 'slide right in' and get along with locals and embrace the local culture is one of the most captivating experiences of your intern journey. An internship abroad is not working 5 days a week with no fun. It's an experience that broadens your outlook on life, provides you with new skills and traits whilst also being able to experience the local sights and culture along the way. Tourism with a Twist. Interning with Initiative

The amazing Hong Kong!

Hong Kong is an absolutely amazing city to do an internship at. This city actually never sleeps on any day of the week so the first couple of weeks before settling into the Hong Kong life I didn't sleep either as there is so much to do. All the interns are very friendly and the staff (Steph!!!!!) are really nice. Steph is great and everyone loves her (even her "interesting" dancing).
The actual internship was a great way to learn a lot of things in a very short time. Also its a great way to explore different jobs to see what you enjoy doing or not as you get to do all sorts of jobs that no one else in the company wants to do (I know I never want to do market research ever again). It was also nice working for a small company as you can actually see it progressing a lot over the short internship.

PS. Steph and Yiyan are great

In Pursuit of Something New & Worth Having

The Intern Group was a happy last minute blessing. Having not found anything that suits my fancy back home I pursued the opportunity and was rewarded with one of the best times in my life. The group and the program, I believe, is serious in what they intend to provide their interns. The process was easy to follow through and the coordinators are easy to reach out to.

The people, the country, the immersion, the work was all so wonderful. Having this experience was worth all the expenditures, home-sickness and immense walking. To be here and to have done this was an awfully amazing adventure and I loved every bit of it.

Market research intern

I did a 10 week internship in Hong Kong through the InternGroup and had a really amazing time. I am really glad I came in October, as we were all at similar stages with out education and the age of the group was early 20s, rather than undergraduates. Even though people came and left throughout my 10 week period the group of people were always really fun. The social aspect of the InternGroup was the best part of my experience, as I was not completely happy with my internship. The company was just at the start up stage and the amount and quality of work they offered me was not what I was hoping for. However, the overall experience of living and working in Hong Kong was great!