The Fuller Center for Housing Header Image The Fuller Center for Housing Header Image

Global Builders - Nepal: Build Homes With Locals

Highly recommend this program!

I was part of the first Fuller Center group to build in Nepal after the 2015 earthquake. This was my third international trip through the Fuller Center, and they all have been great experiences. The hotel we stayed at in Kathmandu the first and last nights of the trip was very close to the airport, had a nice restaurant, was clean and safe. There were two different lodges used in Trishuli where we were building - One provided all our meals (very good food!) and the other was a short walk down the street (I stayed down the street - this hotel was newer and nicer than where the other half of the group stayed)... Everything was very organized and everyone we worked with in Nepal (Fuller Center staff, masons, families receiving homes) were amazingly friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend this site!

Fuller Center Nepal Build 2015

We were the first group to return to Nepal after the earthquake. We worked on two homes in the Trishuli district (50 miles from the epicenter). The work was physical and rewarding. We worked alongside Nepali masons to construct concrete houses (none of the Fuller homes were damaged in the earthquake). This was my 2nd opportunity to lead a group to Nepal. Both trips were great!