The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Korea: Peace Studies

Greatest Month of my Life

The experience I had was unbelievable, I cannot put my feelings into words. I met so many wonderful people and made great memories with them. We traveled all around South Korea and at each destination we did something new and different from anything I have done before. The leaders took care of us and the programs partners in Korea were outstanding and I miss them everyday. I am so lucky to have had this experience and it is something I will never forget. If you are planning on studying abroad I highly recommend this program.

The Experiment was a SUCCESS.

Words cannot begin to describe how grateful I am for this opportunity. I learned and grew SO much, and The Experiment in International Living was a phenomenal program to go through.

Firstly, the application process was very easy. The admissions staff was extremely helpful and they were willing to work with me. They answered questions promptly, kept me very informed, and worked with me in regards to finances. I was very impressed with the help and information that I received before I even left for the program!

The program itself was very organized and professional. All of our travel and housing arrangements, both domestic and international were very well planned. Throughout the trip, my parents were very much at ease because they knew where I would be at a given time, and what I would be doing. They were also appreciative of the fact that they could call The Experiment headquarters at any time with questions or concerns.

Not only were the travel logistics of the program very professional, the activities and curriculum were AMAZING. There was a perfect balance between classroom study, and hands on learning. I really enjoyed the language and culture classes/immersion, as well as the various workshops and lectures on leadership, peace, politics, communication etc. Although we worked hard in the classroom, we also had the opportunity to go into the city for hands-on learning. I learned SO much more by experiencing the culture first hand, and by actually talking to people in their language.

The group leaders were absolutely incredible. They were professional, and responsible, and were more than just leaders..they were teachers. They were friends. They were mentors. I knew that if I EVER had a concern, worry, or fear, or if I just needed someone to talk to, I could turn to them. Their very first priority was always our safety, and then our learning. They were successful in both of these aspects.

The admissions directors did a really great job at ensuring we had a diverse group. I learned as much about America, perhaps, as I did about South Korea. I learned lessons that can only be learned by experience, such as tolerance, respect, and love. To put it short, I embarked on this journey with 11 complete strangers, and came home with 11 new best friends.

Overall, I was extremely impressed with The Experiment in International Living. I would highly recommend it. The program was great, the people were great, the experience was life changing.