The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Germany: Contemporary Politics and the European Union

• The Adventure

Amazing summer

This was the highlight of my summer last year. It was a whirlwind of a month--jumping from Berlin to Bonn, going on to Niederalteich, and finishing in Munich. Looking around between summer abroad choices, I was looking for an immersive experience program. The Experiment was exactly that. I received the chance to experience life and culture in Germany, not just watching and learning but living it out.

Of course, on the flight over, I was nervous about spending a month with completely new people, followed by a homestay. I didn't need to worry--everything turned out splendidly. I've made friends to keep, and my host sister is visiting me in the states next summer.

EIL was one of the best experiences of my high school career so far, and I'm so glad I got this amazing chance!

Very positive

My high-school aged daughter applied to the Germany trip to study Contemporary politics and the EU program through The Experiment In International Living. We looked at various study abroad programs and decided that The Experiment was the best fit for our family.

The Experiment in International Living was fabulous from start to finish. From the beginning, the process was seamless. We were regularly updated as to my daughter's application and stayed informed until her arrival home.

My daughter has traveled abroad through school exchange and with family and she said that this was the best travel experience. She made life-long friends with the other students in her program, learned so much about the country and the native language and was educated on politics. The family she stayed with may not have been warm and fuzzy, but they kept my daughter protected and comfortable. I felt that the family was well-vetted and I was comfortable knowing she was safe. Being on the other side of the country and having to rely on The Experiment wasn't easy at first, but The Experiment provided a safe, well organized and thoughtful program that went beyond my expectations. Through various (closed) social media outlets, I was kept informed during the month-long program. Whether it was student-written blogs, snapchat videos or email itineraries, I was able to follow along vicariously without bothering my daughter on a daily basis. She was able to immerse herself without feeling like she needed to connect with me on a daily basis. I think that aspect only enhanced her experience.

The Experiment in International Living did well planning this program, incorporating fun activities, and educating the students. My daughter would go again and has suggested the organization to her friends. I highly recommend The Experiment to any family looking for a study abroad program.