The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: University of Sydney

A true Australian experience

Studying abroad in Sydney with TEAN was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. Studying abroad has always been a dream of mine, but it wouldn't have been made possible without the help I received before, during, and after my life-changing experience from TEAN.

Going abroad to a country unfathomably far away from home, there are an endless amount of logistics to be handled that often seem to overwhelming to do yourself. However, from the moment I landed in Sydney, I never truly felt overwhelmed with handling the logistical component of my abroad experience. From the start, TEAN made sure each and every individual on the program was accounted for and felt comfortable and no questions ever went unanswered. The TEAN staff members located near my university were so willing to help with anything throughout the entire semester, whether it was trying to coordinate something with my university or helping plan a trip I wanted to go on.

One of the things I loved most about studying abroad through TEAN is that I was completely immersed in the Australian academic experience. Instead of only taking classes with mostly American students and teachers (which is what I'm used to at home) I was surrounded by such a diverse group of people in all of my classes. I learned a great deal about Australia, was challenged by different educational practices, and was overall able to experience a system so unique from university in America.

TEAN provides a variety of great housing options while studying abroad. Whether you are someone who is more private or you are looking to live with a bunch of roommates, TEAN does a great job placing you in housing that you will truly be happy at during your semester-long experience.

The University itself provides students with a ton of great resources and organizations that you can get involved in, even as an abroad student. There was a club fair at the beginning of the semester where you could talk to students about all of the different options you could join, which was a great thing to be exposed to so early in the semester. As well, my apartment building hosted a wide variety of activities and events for residents, which was always a great way to people living close by.

While studying in Sydney, not only was I exposed to some of the most picturesque settings in the world, but I was surrounded by people who made the experience so positive. TEAN provided me with so much guidance along the way and made sure that whatever I decided to do with my time in Australia, that I did I wanted to do while having the best time possible.

I learned more about myself during my study abroad experience than I ever thought I would. I learned that the world is so vast, and there is so much to learn, and you can only do that if you put yourself out there. I would say that my biggest takeaway from abroad is to not hesitate, don't question, and don't waste your time - because nothing is more valuable than the minutes you spend traveling and learning about all of the things you have never before encountered in your life.

The Best 5 Months of My Life

My study abroad experience surpassed my expectations in every possible way. I found a family away from home in the TEAN staff and the fellow students embarking on the adventure. I felt so safe while I was across the world while at the same time being challenged by all that TEAN had to offer. I met Australian friends, got involved on campus, traveled the beautiful country, and left with a desire to return and continue traveling for the rest of my life. I can never thank TEAN enough for the gift that they gave me.

An Unforgettable Five Months

I am thankful every day that I made the decision to study abroad with TEAN. TEAN permitted me to fully immerse myself in Australia's culture. The housing option TEAN set up allowed me to live in the heart of Sydney and experience the city on my own. I was able to explore my surroundings and meet amazing new people that have changed my life for the better. I always felt as though I had a support system while studying in Australia as well as having full independence and control over my experience. That is what I found so amazing about TEAN, it was not an overbearing program. If I needed anything TEAN was there but the program also allotted me the ability to explore the country on my own and truly grow as a person. I cannot imagine a life without my study abroad experience with TEAN. Again and again people ask me if I had the opportunity to do it all over again if I would still choose TEAN. And every time my response does not change, again and again I say yes and promote studying abroad with TEAN to anyone and everyone that will listen.

Studying Abroad Through TEAN Changed My Life

Since Studying abroad in Australia my life has changed completely!

The Australian lifestyle is amazing. They honestly enjoy life.

Through TEAN I was given all the materials I needed to be immersed in Sydney life. I lived in an amazing apartment in the middle of Sydney that was a 15 minute walk from campus or a 5 minute bus ride. I was able to join any clubs and societies on campus that I wanted allowing me to meet locals very easily!

All in all, I had the time of my life. TEAN really takes care of its students and gives you the best opportunities and experiences while abroad. Through TEAN excursions I went to Cairns, Sydney, Newcastle, Kayaked the Sydney Harbor, and so much more. The staff both in the US and in Sydney were so friendly and available whenever I needed them.

If you are looking for an amazing program to study abroad with in Sydney, Australia, TEAN is the one for you!

TEAN Univ. of Wollongong

TEAN was a great program to study abroad with. They were truly invested in making sure that we all got the most out of our time abroad. They were very helpful during the application process, everything from VISA's to flights. They also had a lot of organized programs to help immerse students in the culture. Sydney Orientation and spring break trips were just a few of the programs TEAN offered. TEAN really helped make the time that I was abroad the best of my life! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to study abroad, especially in Australia.

Study Abroad in Australia through TEAN!!!!

Studying abroad through TEAN was one of the best decisions I ever made. The TEAN staff made sure we all had a smooth transition into our new home and was readily available if we had any problems or questions. Our housing was amazing... I lived in Bondi Junction and could see the Opera House and Sydney Harbor Bridge out my kitchen window. TEAN organizes pre-semester and mid-semester trips which I took advantage of and recommend them to everyone! The pre-semester trip was to Cairns (The Great Barrier Reef) and the mid-semester trip was to either New Zealand or Thailand. I went to Thailand and had one of the best weeks of my life, but I also heard great things about the New Zealand trip. You meet so many new people that you will keep in touch with and have so many opportunities while you are abroad. If I could study abroad in Australia again, I would go through TEAN in a second.

The best five months of my life!

Studying with The Education Abroad Network was easily one of the best decisions I've made throughout my time at college. For me, studying in Australia has become synonymous with The Education Abroad Network. I couldn't imagine going with anyone else. The staff is incredible and so helpful. They are so personable and are truly there to make sure you have the time of your life. The trips TEAN sets up are jam packed with fun activities I couldn't have imagined myself doing on my own. If I could study abroad again, I wouldn't change a thing. And if I could do it all again tomorrow, I would. It is safe to say that these five months were the best of my life and I owe it all to TEAN!!

The University of Sydney is one of the most prestigious schools in all of Australia. It was a beautiful campus and the classes were informative and extremely interesting! The professors were very helpful and nice as well.

The living situation TEAN provides for students is incredible. We lived in a serviced apartment that had two balconies from which you could see the Opera House and Bondi Beach on either of them. Whenever Australians came into our apartment they were always blown away by where we lived! The TEAN staff was also incredibly helpful with the move in process and stayed in touch with us making sure everything was going well in the apartment.

TEAN sets up an orientation program upon arrival in Sydney where were are immersed in the culture straight away. We had an Amazing Race around Sydney on one of the days. This forced us to get used to the public transportation and find our way around the city. It was a great way to start off the trip and we immediately felt comfortable with the city.

Studying abroad with TEAN was the right choice!

I would describe my study abroad experience as everything I wanted it to be. It was scary, exciting, fun beyond belief, and all around incredible. Study abroad was a life-changing experience for me, and I feel so privileged to have had this experience with TEAN. It was a ton of work applying and preparing, but it was the most rewarding and satisfying decision I have ever made. Compared to what I have heard from friends who studied abroad through different programs, I would say that TEAN includes much more in their program. Some programs do not offer housing options or excursions, or even orientations. To me, these were the best aspects of studying abroad with TEAN. I was able to see Sydney, Melbourne, and the South Island of New Zealand through TEAN’s orientation and optional excursions, and they were all highlights of my time abroad. Our housing was unbelievable, and there was always someone to contact if you had any questions. TEAN made studying abroad so easy.

I lived in the Meriton Serviced Apartments in Broadbeach. It was the beach housing option of living on the Gold Coast, and it was too good to be true! The apartments were beautiful. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, and a balcony. There was an indoor and outdoor pool, spas, and a sauna. I would 100% recommend this housing option over living on campus. The commute to school was totally worth it.

One thing that I would say really differentiates TEAN, especially studying in Australia, is that they really want you to become familiar with the country and to make friends aside from the other Americans studying with you. During our orientation, they taught us about the people, their culture, attending university, etc. It was very helpful.

Everyone working for TEAN was so easy-going and understanding. They led me step by step on applying and getting accepted to a school abroad. I never had a problem, but they were always available and willing to help. As soon as I got off the plane in Sydney, they were there waiting and smiling, ready to greet us. It was very comforting. That whole orientation in Sydney was amazing because the staff made it that way. I wasn’t homesick once!

The Best of the Best!

From the very beginning, before I even paid any money, TEAN was the most helpful. They answered all my questions, addressed all my concerns and did it all professionally and in a timely manner. They truly care about their students and make sure they get the most out of their study abroad. You create a bond with the staff from the very get go, and continue to contact them even after you arrive home. They provide everything you need to have a successful experience. They take care of every detail. They are ready and waiting for you to arrive in your chosen city. With so much experience they know what works and what doesn't and how to get the most out of whatever comes along. TEAN is worth every penny, for what they provide you should be spending twice as much. Every aspect of their service is top notch. From the best locations to the best staff and everything in between. I would recommend TEAN to anybody, twice over!

I had the best view of downtown Sydney in Bondi Junction. Many Australians said they have never seen a view like we had. I lived in a hotel for five months, enough said.

I have such newfound appreciation for people's culture, especially the Australian culture. This whole experience made me want to learn more and visit more places, to be more adventurous. TEAN made everything so easy.

I was never alone. At any time of the day or night I could email my correspondent. They even called me on the phone if they couldn't get ahold of me through the web. Whatever question or concern I had they had an answer and a solution. They take pride in how well they know their students and it really showed. They want the best experience for everyone. They're truly the best out there!

Never even questioned my mind, it's so safe

Social Life:
Never a dull moment in Sydney. Everything is so accessible and adventurous.

TEAN to me is the best program to go through if you are studying abroad in Australia. They take care of all the little things that you don't think of. They are very quick to respond to questions and concerns. I have no negative feedback for the program. It was everything and more as to what I expected my experience in Australia to be.

The Most Amazing Semester!!!

You will not find a company that cares more about your international experience then The Education Abroad Network. I have never felt more at ease when entering a country. They make the entire experience as easy as possible and so much fun!!! The orientation was such an awesome part too!! We climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge, visited a petting zoo, and so much more!! Having an orientation was really helpful because they explained to you a little bit about the country, what to expect and gave you a chance to ease into it all instead of being dumped in a country and told good luck!! It also gave you an opportunity to meet other students on the trip and even meet your roommates!!! The other awesome thing they do is offer you a chance to do a pre semester trip!! I would definitely recommend that as 95% of people do this!! It’s a great way to explore a part of the country and do so many incredible activities!! The east cost trip was such a great time!! You should definitely go with TEAN and even looking back, I wouldn’t go with anyone else!!!

Awesome experience!

I am a strong advocate for studying abroad because it truly changed my perception of other cultures. Studying abroad is an excellent way to connect with other cultures and experience different perspectives. My study abroad experience was as exciting as it was enlightening. The knowledge I gleaned from living in Australia for nearly 5 months is invaluable. My educational experience really occurred when I left the classroom and immersed myself into the culture. TEAN was organized and did an outstanding job in discovering great deals, providing unique opportunities, and arranging thrilling activities. The week I spent in Cairns and Byron Bay cannot be replicated. I met many life-long friends and shared many unforgettable moments. I strongly recommend participating in all of the activities during orientation week and traveling on a pre-semester excursion.

One thing that separates TEAN from pursuing an exchange program is the bonding that occurs during orientation and pre-semester excursions. I can honestly say without TEAN, I would not have made many, if any, friends while abroad. I recommend taking classes that are interesting and intellectually stimulating. I am majoring in political science and philosophy, but I took classes in anthropology, history, and politics. The politics class was very interesting; as the only American in my tutorial, I was able to offer a unique perspective to others.

I lived in Bondi Junction in the Meriton. The location was excellent, and the living accommodations were superb. Ultimately, I found the TEAN staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend this program!

TEAN-Sydney: AMAZING

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is an amazing program to study abroad through in Australia. I had the time of my life in Sydney, Australia. The people who work for TEAN are all so helpful and go beyond their job expectation. Australia was always a dream destination of mine. Now I get to say I have lived there for 5 amazing months. There is not one day I still do not think about it there and all of the great friends I have met and still keep in contact with. I never felt homesick there. If anything I feel homesick with being home in the states. The lifestyle and culture there are so alive and make you feel as if you belong even though you technically live on the other side of the world. I would not trade my time in Australia for anything. I would definitely advise anyone to go through The Education Abroad Network to travel to Australia to study abroad or to intern. They definitley made the experience all the more while. The 5 day orientation was one of the best times I had in Australia! They make the whole experience as smooth as possible and are more than willing to help!

Beyond amazing and accomodating!

The Trip of a Lifetime!!

The Education Abroad Network will not let you down in your experience in Sydney. They walked me through every step of the process and were there to answer every single question I had. They are incredibly helpful and I could not recommend a better company to go abroad with. The living situation is great!! It's such a big apartment and it's all taken care of for you. You don't have to bring sheets, towels or anything to furnish it!! They are also incredibly helpful in getting you situated with your new school. School is much different over there and they made sure I was comfortable and knew exactly what I was doing and where to go if I needed anything! If I ever had a question throughout the semester they were there to answer it for me!! This is not a company that is just going to dump you in a foreign country. They were there the entire semester from the moment I stepped in the country till the moment I left it!! They want you to have the time of your life and they provide you with all the resources to do so! All of my friends that I met over there loved this program. We all agreed that we would not have chosen another one even when looking back! TEAN will not let you down in the amazing experiences that they have to offer you!! You will not find another company that cares more about your experience abroad then TEAN!!

Life-altering, exhilarating adventure

TEAN was absolutely the program for me. They were available 24/7 and had the most friendly and supportive staff. They had optional trips and got us familiar with the city. They helped with housing and matched us with roommates. I never felt lost or confused. If you want an experience where there is always someone to contact but also allows you to be independent, TEAN is for you.

The optional trip to Thailand. Definitely! We rode elephants, stayed in a local village, and snorkeled off speed boats.

I chose the program because they specialized in Australia. Instead of being spread out between multiple countries, they were smaller and focused.

An apartment with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, washer/dryer, kitchen, living room, and balcony. Four girls to an apartment. It was right in the center of Sydney and walking distance from several of the universities, grocery stores, restaurants, and malls.