The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: University of Auckland

An Unforgettable Semester

Choosing The Education Abroad Network was one of the best decisions I have ever made! This program was beyond amazing, and exceeded all of my expectations! Not only were they there to help me and answer questions every step of the way while I prepared for my departure, but the staff that worked with myself and the other TEAN students while we were in our host country were amazing! TEAN provided everything we could have possibly needed to settle int our new home, and more. They did a great job of organizing events that were not only interesting and fun, but also really immersed us in the culture, whether it was hiking to a local village in Fiji, or watching the local Maori high school perform traditional dances and songs. I could not have picked a better program provider for this amazing experience!

An Experience to Remember

The Education Abroad Network provided me with the most beneficial experience of my life. Going way back to the early stages of planning and questions, they made the transition from college here in the US to setting off on this adventure as smooth as possible. One thing this program gave me that the others could not was an orientation in another country- Fiji! I was thrilled. The time spent in Fiji was completely different from anywhere else in the world. This was my first time in another country, and Fiji opened my eyes to so many cultural experiences. Fiji has the most wonderful people I have ever come across and an experience that is hard to explain. The transition into NZ was smooth and TEAN was right there along the way. I had the chance to be independent and find my own path in this country while having a support system when I needed it. Everyone that worked with TEAN was fantastic. The organized cultural events, hiking trips, and rugby matches periodically, and even just going to dinner with them was a nice check in. They were a great team and a great network that could point you to the best activities to hit right in your city that month or best place to zip line. I could not imagine going back and doing it over again with any one else.

The best 4 months

Orientation in Sydney that was provided by TEAN was the best way to see Australia on a guided tour. It was extremely laid back, but full of awesome events that I would not have been able to get to or know of it I were touring the city alone.

I heard about TEAN from many of my friends that had previously gone to Australia through them. My friends reassured me that TEAN was the best program out of all the competitors, and they were right!

I lived on campus with a roomate at Bond University. I absolutlely loved living on campus because I was able to meet many people effortlessly. It helped me expand my friend groups to not just the TEAN program.

The best 4 months of my life

Hands down the Education Abroad Network is the best study abroad program to work with. My experience would not have gone so smoothly if it were not for the many dedicated individuals that are apart of this program. Anything from free excursions, coffee breaks and pre or post abroad trips make TEAN so unique.

An experience that I will always cherish

Fiji trip! Being without internet access or contact to anyone back home the first week was incredibly hard but something we needed to start our trip the right way. Happy we started with this hard but unforgettable experience.

TEAN at my study abroad fair on campus stuck out to me especially Amanda who was so helpful in applying and accommodating me to my dream of going to New Zealand.

Accommodations were good. Spacious housing and great people that lived there. Management was cool but could be better at improvements.

Auckland, New Zealand: experience that I will always cherish thanks to TEAN

Wow. Where to begin. TEAN was honestly the best decision I made to apply to an abroad program. They were so helpful, integrating, and well suited for me to go through to get to Auckland, New Zealand. The people I met through this program are definitely life-long friends and people I will consistently keep in touch with. The excursion trip and the staff were awesome! Everything with TEAN was definitely fate and I couldn't be more happier.

The Adventure of a Lifetime: Student-Friendly City with Heaps of Adventure!

Ever since I've been back, I've been describing my abroad experience as "an unforgettable adventure." Although it may sound cliché, my trip truly was unforgettable for countless reasons. Since UNH is only three hours away from my hometown, I never truly felt like I was stepping out of my comfort zone. Every state and most towns in New England are fairly similar so I knew when I went abroad, I wanted a drastic change. I went from suburban life to city living, from a three-hour drive away to about a twenty-three hour in-flight commute. Suffice to say, I accomplished my goal of stepping out of my comfort zone, however, I would never say I was uncomfortable. Wellington felt like home from day one even though I was seven time zones away. I had an initial connection with the people, the culture, and unexpectedly, with city life. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would adjust so well to such drastic changes in my life, but I seemed to thrive in the chaos. I learned more about myself everyday I was away, through crazy adrenaline experiences as well as simply strolling through the city. My experience is forever ingrained my memory as well as documented in my daily diary entries, clearly unforgettable.

It has been wonderful!

I was able to meet some of my best friends in New Zealand and we traveled all over the country together! One of our most fun trips was to Queenstown where we did the highest cliff jump in the world!

I heard wonderful things about TEAN before choosing them and was able to contact them very easily to learn about different programs. The staff was approachable and friendly, but professional. They made my choice easy!

I lived in a flat (house) with five other American students. I was able to cook my own food and live in my own room! We lived at the top of a hill that overlooked the city and were directly across the street from the botanical gardens. Prime location!

My Greatest Adventure

TEAN was extremely helpful in my study abroad experience from start to finish. I truly felt like a kiwi. I was immersed in the culture immediately and TEAN made sure that I felt right at home!

Amazing Experience

I believe it is an opportunity to mix traveling and studying and turn them into a much more rewarding experience. My study abroad experience was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got to study in one of the top 3 Universities in China, learned about the SouthEast Asian cultures, politics and economic structures, traveled, lived in the best street to live in near the university, and met amazing people.

The program you apply for can make the difference between a good experience and a great one. Having studied abroad with another program before and from what I learned from other students in other programs in China, I can say that not all the programs focus as much as TEAN does in very important details like housing, orientation, and just making sure that everything you need is easy to obtain. Going to China was an amazing experience and anyone who has the opportunity should go.

The best decision you'll ever make

This past semester I traveled to Sydney, Australia through TEAN. This program gave me every opportunity possible in studying in a foreign country so far away. Adjustment was easy and flawless, and made my experience that much more enjoyable. Our living accomodations were serviced apartments so not only were they amazing and had full access to a gym, pool and tennis court but it looked over the entire city of Sydney. Besides housing, TEAN offers full access to a full staff who are available to help right in Sydney with classes and any questions anyone might have. As well as the staff, TEAN provides fully planned trips to places such as New Zealand, Thailand and Fiji. These trips provides students with an entire few of the place they choose to go with amazing adventures that one would not have been able to plan on their own. I did the spring break trip to Thailand. We were able to ride elephants, play with tigers and even sleep in real Thai village! All in all, TEAN was an amazing program and offers every thing one might need in order to maximize their experience abroad.

Unforgettable experience

I loved the organization and integrity of this program. They were always so helpful with any questions or concerns I had prior to studying abroad, and also throughout my time in Australia. My favorite part of the experience was the orientation in Sydney. The program was so organized the entire week and was scheduled out so that we knew what we were doing through out the day. Visiting the Opera House, climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge, and the Sydney Harbor cruise were just a few amazing things that we did that made my experience so awesome. And the fact that the program was so organized and experienced made it that much more enjoyable!

TEAN guided me on the greatest journey of my life. Let them guide you as well.

TEAN surpassed my expectations in all aspects! They work with you through every step of the process and make sure that you are on time with preparations for going abroad.

Once overseas they really treat you like royalty. The pre-semester orientation takes place in Fiji on a beautiful island. So from the start you are in a situation where you become close friends with everybody in your program and you already can start to appreciate a different culture. (Not to mention the food is exceptional!)

When you arrive in New Zealand, TEAN has more representatives ready at the airport. They provide you with great accommodations and really fun trips, including white water rafting. Throughout the semester TEAN remains in contact and provides meet-ups and other fun events. They also give great information on upcoming events and promotions.

I think the most important thing though is that TEAN gives you the freedom to be yourself. They give you the choice to be a part of the events during the semester. They allow you to experience the country the way you want to.

TEAN is the best and you really should really let them guide you on this special journey!

The University of Auckland is definitely a challenge and is recognized in the region as being a university that promotes excellence. I found it to be difficult at times because I was unfamiliar with some of the historical happenings of New Zealand.

I was impressed when, on the first day of orientation, the faculty of the university stressed to us the importance of experiencing New Zealand beyond the classroom. They told us that we would grow more as human beings if we immersed ourselves in our surroundings. Of course we were still expected to put some effort into classes, but it's important to remember that the experience is just as important as the academics.

TEAN spread out the Auckland students between two separate University accommodations. I was placed in Parnell Student Village and had a wonderful living situation. PSV consisted of all international students and it was a great resource for connecting with students from across the world. Because there were so many exchange and study abroad students in PSV, there always was somebody looking to travel and explore the country.

PSV also was located in one of the nicest neighborhoods in New Zealand. Places around were somewhat expensive, but all within walking distance. The walk was about 10 minutes to the shopping center of Newmarket and 15-20 minutes to campus. The walk to campus was incredibly beautiful and brings you through the Auckland domain and past some amazing views of the city and ocean.

The rooms were not enormous, but you are given privacy and each flat has a kitchen. I definitely recommend PSV.

New Zealand is so culturally diverse that you really experience more than just the Kiwi lifestyle. The country has many influences from the Maori people and you'll become quite familiar with the foundations of the country. Also there are many travelers from all over the globe. I met so many people from every place imaginable. So not only do you develop friendships in New Zealand, but you also create ones all over the world. It's really quite cool! Auckland is known as the cultural center too, which is great! Wellington is really neat as well and has very artistic influences.

TEAN always had somebody ready to assist. Even after my study abroad experience, they still check up on me. You will always feel safe in the hands of TEAN. They are well-organized when it comes to getting you to New Zealand and making the time there exciting! They also organize events throughout the semester, which you can chose to go to or not. (last semester we got to see an All Blacks vs Australia rugby game!)

A life-changing semester

After nearly 5 months abroad, I can officially say I am in love with New Zealand, and I only have The Education Abroad Network to thank for that. I spent everyday with friends that I made in my living area, and who continue to be my best friends back here in the states. I loved my classes, and the beautiful walk I had to get there. TEAN was there for me every step of the way - from planning my trip to planning activities for me in Auckland. I wouldn't change anything about my semester, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

TEAN was amazing!!!

TEAN was amazing!!! Such a great program that really helped me feel at home even though I was on the other side of the world. Thank you heaps!!!

The best experience of my young life

Looking back on my trip, I now wonder why I was so scared to embark on my study abroad journey. TEAN calmed my nerves before I left and assured me in every way that could by answering so many of my questions and concerns. I am so thankful that I chose TEAN because they handled all the logistics of studying abroad for me- all I had to do was complete the paperwork in a timely manner.

Going to Fiji for the pre-trip was amazing, not only because it was free, but because I developed bonds with new friends which I will always have. It was a beautiful country and the culture there was incredible. It was an unforgettable experience and I was ecstatic to go to NZ and continue the journey. TEAN's program leaders who joined us on our expedition were very knowledgeable and a ton of fun to travel along with.

The orientation in Auckland, NZ was awesome and we did extreme activities like canyoning (repelling down waterfalls), cultural learning about the Maori, and heaps of exploring the beautiful city.

I am so thankful that I chose TEAN because they were so helpful in the application process and continued to be helpful throughout my entire time in New Zealand. If I had to go back in time, I would chose definitely TEAN again.

An Unforgettable Semester

I am so happy with my decision to study abroad with TEAN. They really made sure I had the best semester in New Zealand! The best part about the program was that they handled all of the logistics (like getting registered for school, paying rent, etc) so I had more time to enjoy the fun things! Their pre-semester trips are definitely worthwhile, for they set you up with some of the coolest people from all over the U.S. I went on the trip to Fiji and though it was only a few days, I made friends that I will keep my entire life. The housing they provided was amazing also--I lived in flats with international students, Americans, and also locals! It was so diverse and I really got to know so many different cultures, along with some locals Kiwis. Overall, TEAN definitely made my semester hassle-free, and provided some great opportunities for adventure.

Review of TEAN

Studying abroad was the best decision I’ve made; the experiences I’ve had have been life changing. They have been by far the best experience in my entire life. These encounters would not have occurred if it weren’t for The Education Abroad Network (TEAN). From the beginning when I was first planning my trip all the way till the end when I was transferring my classes back TEAN has provided me with great assistance to make the transformation smooth and easy. TEAN was willing to work with me when I choose to study abroad a little later than everyone else. Many programs wouldn’t work with me since I was past their deadlines but TEAN told me if I was willing to get everything in as soon as possible they would be willing to work with me as well. TEAN treats everyone as a person, not as a number. They look at everyone’s situation and are willing to help each and every person out because they know how wonderful studying abroad truly is.

To start my abroad experience I took the TEAN pre-trip to Fiji. This pre-trip provided us with the opportunity to get to know everyone studying in New Zealand. So many programs just had orientation with all students from one city so they didn’t get to meet people studying in different places. This provided us with long-lasting friendships that continued as our experience progressed. We were able to meet up with people as we traveled to and from cities. This provided us with good recommendations from people in the area and even couches and floors to sleep on!

After getting to New Zealand TEAN continued to care for me and make sure everyone was adjusting well and enjoying their experience. They did a great job of continuing to keep in touch and offering activities and advice for people seeking them. Once I left the wonderful country of NZ TEAN didn’t just stop there. They are continuing to make sure that my classes have returned back in Marietta College just fine.

I can’t thank TEAN enough for providing me with the opportunity to study abroad.

Kiwi's are friendly but its still a city. I had no issues nor did my friends. Just make smart choices and you'll be fine.

Social Life:
always something to do in the city if you are looking for it

TEAN

I am Obsessed with my TEAN/NZ Experience

I was terrified before studying abroad. Even though I moved from the Midwest to the East Coast to go to college moving to the whole other side of the world is completely different. TEAN was so great the whole time though and answered all the questions I had so quickly that it helped to calm my nerves.

From the second I met up with other TEAN kids in the LAX airport I had completely forgotten all of my paranoia. Everyone in the program was amazing and the pre-semester trip to Fiji was definitely a great way to ease into the study abroad experience.

Once I got settled in Auckland things only got better. I loved my residence (Parnell Student Village) and everything about New Zealand. Before going to Auckland nature and I were not the closest friends but there's something about New Zealand that changes you. I got into camping, hiking and even went skydiving!

Auckland itself is not the coolest city but the location definitely makes up for it. Where else can you see the sunrise on the east coast and then watch it set on the west in the same day? Plus, it's really easy to see all of the North Island from its location. Not to mention that Waiheke Island is only a short ferry ride away where you can lounge on the beach and wine taste all day.

University of Auckland was about as different from the seminar style of my college as it could get. The classes were big but all my lecturers were smart and definitely entertaining. While I definitely learned a little I wasn't challenged. I also was taking 100 and 200 level courses and my grades were pass/fail though so if you're looking for great academics just take 300 or grad courses.

I fully recommend studying abroad through TEAN. They are very hands-on and provide their students with more benefits/excursions than any other program I've heard of. And my time in NZ was definitely the best six months of my life!

I only took 1st and 2nd year courses so if you're looking to be challenged I'd recommend taking 3rd year or even grad courses.

I loved living in Parnell Student Village more than any other aspect of studying abroad. The location next to the Domain was amazing and I made the closest friends in the world there!

The program helped me get the best experience

Studying abroad was the best four months of my life and TEAN helped contribute to this experience by their support, enthusiasm, and all the events they set up for the students. If would encourage every person wanting to study abroad to go through this program!