The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: Sydney - University of New South Wales

Always Australia

Going abroad through TEAN was an absolutely amazing experience. I went on two planned excursions during the semester, one to Cairns where I went skydiving, rafting, and scuba diving, and another to Thailand where I fed elephants, experienced the rituals of a local village, and relaxed on the islands nearby. TEAN was extremely helpful in retaining a travel visa, enrolling in classes, and finding flights. Once I was in Australia, the staff were available 24/7 to help us navigate the transportation, figure out our new campus, and get involved in local events. The beach was my backyard and I will forever be wishing I was back there, exploring the incredible landscapes, animals, and brunch places! If I ever go back to Australia I will praying I can go through TEAN whether I am a student still or not!

Study Abroad UNSW!!

Studying abroad in Australia was one of the greatest opportunities/experiences in my 20 years of life. Sydney is a very unique city, and there was always something for us to do or somewhere new for us to explore. Living right on a beach (like actually RIGHT on a beach) was also unbelievable. I've always dreamt of waking up and seeing the beach (cliche, I know), and this was real. School was school, but there was no avoiding that one...its worth the 10 hours! While in Australia I had the opportunity to travel to places that I only could have imagined traveling to. In terms of TEAN, I don't have a single bad thing to say about this program! They planned everything from our orientation, accommodation, schooling, bridge climb, surf lessons, and many other activities all of which were included in our price of tuition!

No Worries Mate, Just Go!

If you asked me if studying abroad was worth all of the hassle, the money and the being away from your family and friends I would be like: ooooohhhh yeahhhhh! It cost me a fair amount but it was totally worth every single 5 cent piece (Australia doesn't have pennies). Studying abroad will literally be the best time of your life so just do it! I really learned how to experience and appreciate other cultures and other people. I learned how to handle whatever was thrown at me, and believe me there will be a lot of crazy circumstances you will go through while abroad. I learned that everything will be alright in the end no matter how bad things may seem. I learned how to constantly live out of my comfort zone and I loved it. Most importantly, I learned how to be an Aussie!

You MUST study abroad in SYDNEY with TEAN!

Sydney is the best city ever and there are so many fun things to do! TEAN goes above and beyond to make sure you have the best study abroad experience possible. They offer awesome weekend, pre-semester and semester break excursions that are a must do. You start the program with an orientation in Sydney filled with awesome activities which give you a chance to get to know everyone before the school starts. The staff is so great and they do really fun activities for TEAN participants throughout the semester. Also, the offer beach housing which is a must do.

Australia Always Astonishes

Going on a 5 week study abroad program alone may sound a bit terrifying at first. Fortunately, all of the staff ensured that we felt comfortable from the very beginning. They took care of all travel problems which took a huge weight off my shoulders. Classes were challenging but very interesting because of the extremely joyful UNSW professors. Every day brought a new surprise and gave me a new memory, especially skydiving 14,000 feet through the clouds the day after our final. I can only hope to return to the most amazing place on Earth one day.

An amazing adventure

My time at UNSW through The Education Abroad Network was the most amazing experience. In just one semester abroad I learned more than I ever thought possible and met people from all over the world. The university itself was an amazing experience- coming from a small school to a large university (over 50,000 students) was daunting but TEAN and the International Office at UNSW were so helpful and welcoming that the transition was easy and exciting. The off campus accommodation was so beautiful and convenient- just a short walk to the beach and a quick bus ride to campus. I had never lived near a beach before so that is something that drew me to TEAN but the area also had the city feel that I was looking for too.

Once in a Lifetime

TEAN was a great program to travel across the world with. The set up everything from housing to helping me get my student visa. The classes were challenging, but still had plenty of time to travel and enjoy Sydney! My experience was like no other. I never thought I would get 5 months to travel to the Great Barrier Reef, see the Opera House, and climb a glacier. I would recommend for everyone to study abroad and definitely consider going with TEAN! They provided so many activities for us to participate in like surfing on the famous Bondi Beach and mid semester break excursions to New Zealand. I can't wait until I have the chance to go back to Australia and reminisce on all the good times had! I want to go back!

Best 5 Months of My Life

Going to Australia and studying at the University of New South Wales was both the opportunity and experience of a lifetime. I owe a lot of the awesome experiences I had in Australia to the program I went through- The Education Abroad Network. TEAN made everything very easy and gave many opportunities to experience the Australian culture. Some examples of this being organizing a trip to the horse races, and a mid semester trip to the great barrier reef! I learned so much about the Australian culture and about myself while studying abroad. While I did learn academically at UNSW, I also learned things that cannot be taught, but only experienced. I am forever grateful to TEAN for helping make my trip to Australia truly unforgettable.

One Big Adventure

My study abroad experience was nothing short of amazing. TEAN helped every step of the way and abled me to have the best 5 months of my life. I did so many exciting things from skydiving over the ocean to abseiling through a rainforest. I met people who impacted my life and will always be a part of it. I experienced so much in such a short amount of time and don't regret a single thing.
Every aspect of my abroad experience was rewarding. The education, the living situation, the food, the people, the culture, and all of the opportunities and excursions offered throughout the semester contributed to an easy and amazing adventure.

Experience of a Lifetime!

Studying abroad was the best experience of my life. I was able to live in a foreign city for five months and explore a totally new culture! Australians were welcoming and Sydney had so much to offer. I was never bored and I was constantly traveling to new places. The Education Abroad Network does a fantastic job at getting you acquainted with your city before “setting you free.” TEAN staff is always available whenever you need help or advice. They have coffee meet ups and dinners throughout the semester, which were an excellent and fun way to catch up with friends. I made lifelong friends and unforgettable memories in this program. TEAN truly mad my study abroad experience perfect.

Take me Back!

Going through TEAN was such a rewarding experience all around. I’m not sure I would have gone abroad to Australia if it were not for TEAN. I decided I wanted to study in Sydney Australia, travel alone, and meet new people. I chose TEAN because they set up everything for you and make sure you are taken care of. Traveling to Australia alone sounds terrifying, but I can honestly say I never had anxiety once before or during my trip because of TEAN. TEAN set up my housing, roommates, group flights, pre semester and spring break trips. TEAN really makes everything easy. Traveling by myself through TEAN made me feel like I was never traveling alone. TEAN also offers a five day orientation before the semester starts. This gives students time to explore, learn and most importantly adjust to Sydney, Australia. The staff is extremely sincere and helpful throughout the whole process and a guide you through your entire semester.

My study abroad experience was amazing!

My trip to Thailand was my favorite 10 days of the semester. Thailand was unbelievable and I felt so safe and cared for going through TEAN. I knew that I was not alone and everyplace I went was safe for me to go to. I felt very comfortable knowing that my group leader had been to Thailand on this trip nine other times. There is nothing about my Thailand trip that I would've changed. It was the most beautiful place I ever have been.

I believe that a main reason why I loved studying abroad so much was because of TEAN. TEAN is extremely organized and they’re with you every step of the way. I never felt alone and knew that if I ever needed something TEAN would be there for me. I think this is very different from other programs that friends went on. They were very much on their own, which can be scary being so far away from home. From the moment you sign up until your flight home TEAN is there for you answering any questions you have and providing extremely helpful information and advice.

I lived in Bondi Junction in the Meriton Apartments. The location was awesome and the apartment was beautiful. I think the best part about the Meriton was that so many TEAN students lived there. The location was awesome!-- directly on top of the train and bus station and only 10 minutes from the beach and 20 minutes from school.

Sydney is such a fun city, there is so much to do and the beaches are incredible. One of my favorite things to do was the coastal walk from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach. The restaurants in Sydney were all amazing!

Greatest 5 Months of my Life!

My study abroad experience was amazing! Everything about it was incredible and I only wish I had more time in Australia. Australia has so much to offer and you really get to feel like you live there, rather than just visiting. I saw some of the most beautiful places I could imagine and ate some of the greatest food I have ever had. My experiences in Australia are something I may never have the opportunity to do again. I believe that a main reason why I loved studying abroad so much was because of TEAN. TEAN is extremely organized and they’re with you every step of the way. I never felt alone and knew that if I ever needed something TEAN would be there for me. The TEAN staff are all young and so nice. They have awesome tips and advice on everything-- travel, culture, food, etc. TEAN accommodations were incredible. I lived in Bondi Junction in an apartment with amazing views of the city. TEAN's orientation was so much fun and I learned so much about Sydney during it. TEAN's pre semester trip to Thailand was the best trip I went on while abroad. It was so organized and I felt so safe and cared for going through TEAN. I knew that I was not alone and everyplace I went was safe for me to go to. I felt very comfortable knowing that my group leader had been to Thailand on this trip nine other times.

Best Semester Ever

I couldn't be happier with my choices about studying abroad- both going to Australia and choosing to do it through The Education Abroad Network. TEAN made everything so easy for me and their staff is amazing. Any questions I had were immediately answered. I participated on the pre-semester trip to the Great Barrier Reef and mid-semester trip to Thailand and really encourage future students to go on them- they were two of the best trips of my life. I had the best 5 months I could have ever asked for and learned so much about Australian culture. I also traveled to New Zealand, Melbourne, and Byron Bay all of which were incredible. It was truly a semester I will never forget and looking back I wouldn't change a thing.

The semester of a lifetime

I can honestly say it was the most remarkable and unforgettable four months of my life. The opportunity TEAN provided me to live in a foreign country and travel is not something everyone has the opportunity to do. The staff in the U.S office were so helpful prior to leaving for my trip. The staff located in Australia were so warm, friendly, and always willing to help. The experience opened my eyes to a world around me that I did not know existed. I lived in Sydney, Australia in the Meriton Apartments located in Bondi Junction. The location was ideal. Australia made me grow as a person and provided me insight to what I want to do in life. The memories created are endless and the friendships formed are one of a kind. Travel breaks the routine that we all tend to fall into while making us grateful at the same time. TEAN provides planned trips with staff members that make planning so simple. I traveled to Cairns and Thailand through TEAN. If I did not utilize those trip opportunities I know my experience would not have been the same. Traveling has become a passion.

I traveled to Tasmania during my semester. We hiked down to this beach called Wine Glass Bay. While my friends and I were taking in this breathtaking beach a wild Wallaby with a baby in her pouch hopped along the sand. If that was not amazing enough, behind the wallaby in the water dolphins were swimming in the ocean. It was an experience I will never forget.

I chose to go through The Education Abroad Network through peers at my home school. I heard only positive feedback from the program so I applied.

I lived in an apartment building that had long stay residents living there. The accommodations were comparable to an upscale hotel.

Couldn't have asked for more

My memorable experience was Traveling to Thailand and New Zealand.

I chose this program Because the website was clear and organized. I had heard amazing things about the program, and my questions and concerns were immediately answered when I contacted them.

Best Semester Ever!

I couldn't be happier with my choices about studying abroad- both going to Australia and choosing to do it through The Education Abroad Network. TEAN made everything so easy for me and their staff is amazing. I participated on the pre-semester trip to the Great Barrier Reef and mid-semester trip to Thailand and really encourage future students to go on them- they were two of the best trips of my life. I had the best 5 months I could have ever asked for and learned so much about Australian culture. I also traveled to New Zealand, Melbourne, and Byron Bay all of which were incredible. I couldn't have asked for better location of housing (I was in Bondi Junction in the Meriton) because I was in between the beach and the city, and right above a train/bus station. It was truly a semester I will never forget and looking back I wouldn't change a thing.

Best Experience of my Life

I could not imagine my semester abroad without The Education Abroad Network. Thanks to this program, everything ran smoothly from academics and housing, to cultural activities and excursions.

I lived in the TEAN organized housing in Bondi Junction. We lived in beautiful high-rise apartments with an amazing view of the city and great accommodations. The apartments were right above the train and bus stations which made exploring the city easy and convenient.

My favorite parts of the semester were the two TEAN organized excursions that I went on. I went on a pre semester trip to Cairns and a semester break trip to Thailand. Both excursions were packed with awesome activities like bungy jumping, scuba diving, and kayaking in Cairns, and Thai cooking class, elephant rides, and snorkeling in Thailand- and TEAN planned it all!

Definitely an amazing program and an unbelievable 5 months!

The TEAN housing options were incredible- great accomodations, locations, and people!

TEAN staff is very friendly, helpful, and responsive to any concerns.

The best decision you'll ever make

This past semester I traveled to Sydney, Australia through TEAN. This program gave me every opportunity possible in studying in a foreign country so far away. Adjustment was easy and flawless, and made my experience that much more enjoyable. Our living accomodations were serviced apartments so not only were they amazing and had full access to a gym, pool and tennis court but it looked over the entire city of Sydney. Besides housing, TEAN offers full access to a full staff who are available to help right in Sydney with classes and any questions anyone might have. As well as the staff, TEAN provides fully planned trips to places such as New Zealand, Thailand and Fiji. These trips provides students with an entire few of the place they choose to go with amazing adventures that one would not have been able to plan on their own. I did the spring break trip to Thailand. We were able to ride elephants, play with tigers and even sleep in real Thai village! All in all, TEAN was an amazing program and offers every thing one might need in order to maximize their experience abroad.

Semester of a Lifetime

This experience was unlike any other. I made such strong friendships, and experienced things I never thought I would do (like skydiving!!!!). I traveled to Thailand, New Zealand, Fiji, and other cities in Australia, and each place had something special about it. I would 110% do it all over again and I think it was more than worthwhile. Australia is an INCREDIBLE country and I would love to go back there someday soon.

TEAN housing in Sydney was incredible! My friends on other programs were shocked when they came to our apartments and saw how beautiful they were and how amazing the location was.

TEAN staff was always so helpful whenever we needed anything, both before and during my semester abroad.

Best 4 months of my life

TEAN is awesome! From the very beginning of the process, TEAN staff was always available and happy to help me get organized. It was challenging as a science major/pre-health student to go abroad because of the strict course schedule that I had to adhere to. TEAN helped me collect course syllabi so that I could get approved for study abroad. They were also willing to negotiate a payment plan with me. Essentially, they made the process run as smoothly as possible and took care of a bulk of the work for me.

This didn't change once I actually got to Australia, either. The TEAN staff abroad were so excited to teach and orient new students and were always willing to provide advice and assistance. One of the coolest things about TEAN is that they offer a really cool orientation in the beginning of the program. During this time, you get to engage in really fun activities and try a lot of different things that many locals can't say they've done.

I decided that I wanted to study abroad in high school after learning that my cousin did it when she was in college. I thank TEAN for making my study abroad experience possible and for making the process so easy. I do not think that I could have picked a better program.

Best semester of my life!

I had the best experience with TEAN. They helped me with everything to prepare for Australia and during my time in Sydney, as well. The housing was amazing and the Thailand trip through them was incredible. I also was able to correspond with UNSW very easily. They helped me make sure everything would transfer to my home university. I could not have asked for a better experience and I couldn't be happier that I went through TEAN.

The offerings and organization that TEAN provides on their program makes for the greatest abroad experience anyone could ask for.

Trying to review a 5 month program in just a few words is impossible. I could not be happier that I chose to study in Sydney with TEAN. The pretrip to Cairns, the orientation, the spring break trip to Thailand, and all of the little things they provide while in Sydney truly make this program one of a kind. Thailand was definitely my favorite part and I would recommend this trip to anyone. They ensure that you are going to make friends, be immersed in the culture, and have a truly unbelievable experience. The staff from TEAN both in the states and in Australia were always there for us and so helpful, you really feel as though you are getting your money's worth. I loved my study abroad experience with TEAN and could not imagine doing those 5 months any other way.

The Tiffany Tower serviced apartments in Bondi Junction is by far the best accommodations they offer. The apartments are so nice and everything comes with them when you get there. They are right on top of the Bondi Junction train and bus station and right next to a huge Westfield that has anything you could ever need. It is a short 7-10 minute bus ride from the amazing Bondi Beach and only a 10 minute train ride into the center of the city. Needless to say the location is awesome!

The new program they added this year where they gave us 3 tickets to different cultural events was great. We got to see a concert at the opera house, a show put on by Cate Blanchett's theater company, and the ANZAC day rugby league match. This was such a good addition and really helped to have cultural experiences we may not have had otherwise.

Social Life:
I had the privilege of making some really close Australian friends who helped make my social experience in Sydney even better. Getting to go to their favorite bars and their friends parties was an experience I would not have had otherwise.

Overall, I really loved my experience in Australia with TEAN.

I really believe the ease of the TEAN program
is the best part. Ease is always worth the money
in my opinion. I heard stories from other study
abroad kids and I'm so happy I never had to deal
with internet issues or directly working with the
UNSW study abroad office.

Overall, I really loved my experience in Australia
with TEAN. I would highly recommend this program
over others.

TEAN provided so much more than I could have found/done on my own.

TEAN provided so much more than I could have
found/done on my own. The housing TEAN provided
I'm sure is worth what we paid alone! Yet the price
included all the orientation events, tuition, and many
other little amenities along the way.