The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: Sydney - Macquarie University

Adventures, Mountains, and Beaches for miles

Looking back at the 4.5 months that I was abroad, I could actually pin point the time period that I really started to transform and grow. It was after a 10 day trip up to Cairns, I started hiking every weekend, and adapted to a healthy life style. I was more energetic, constantly going to new places and seeing new things, and growing as a person. I became very independent, and truly enjoyed the changes that happened within me. Now upon my return to the states, I really feel that I've taken everything that I learned from abroad and adapted it to my current lifestyle in some way.

My educational experience was a bit out of the ordinary, it was very memorable and beneficial. My professors and tutors were innovative and passionate about their subject. One of my finals was a dance performance! I really enjoyed the variety of classes that were offered to me, and the unique experiences that came with them.

My flat was located across the road from Central Station, which was central to EVERYTHING! I was able to get around, and go absolutely anywhere that I wanted to. Westfield shopping center, suburbs, blue mountains... check, check, check!

Aussie's are friendly, fun, and caring. I definitely got the opportunity to meet many great people!

My flat had constant security surveillance. This was fantastic.

Great Program

I will be finishing the semester here in Sydney soon and have had a great experience thanks in large part to the staff and Study Australia. From my initial application to all the enrollment work to the time in Australia the staff has been amazingly helpful. I was referred to the program by someone from my school and it was the best advice I could have taken. The resident director in Sydney was great and really helped us. You only have one chance at this and I would recommend using Study Australia. The housing was also awesome.

Great Housing and orientation. Id recommend...

Great Housing and orientation. Id recommend it!