The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: Summer Down Under - Energy Tomorrow

Nothing short of amazing

I could not possibly describe my study abroad experience as anything short of amazing. I saw the other side of the world which I never thought I’d have the opportunity to do. I felt welcomed by the TEAN staff as well as the locals and I felt safe at the locations booked for us. I would highly recommend for others to take a trip to Australia and study abroad. By studying renewable energy and sustainability in a very energy efficient country, I saw what options we have for the future regarding energy. Not only did I learn a lot from the professors, but I had enough time to explore the five cities I visited. I was able to delve into the history of the aboriginals, the current status of the country, as well as see natural wonders such as Billabongs, and the Great Barrier Reef. It sounds cliché but this was the trip of a life time. I have not only learned a lot about the country of Australia and the culture, I have discovered more about myself and made lifelong friends.

5 Weeks Down Under and a Lifetime of Adenture

Participating in the Energy Tomorrow program through The Education Abroad Network was absolutely the perfect way to spend my summer! This program is packed with adventure, excursion, travel, learning, and overall is a wonderful experience that is really worth it in every way possible. First, just getting to travel to five of the major cities in Australia was awesome. Each place has a culture and vibe that is unique in its own way so you really get to see all the country has to offer. You get immersed within each of the places you are in because you meet locals and learn about life as an Australian. Everyday I had some kind of new experience or did some kind of adventure because there are always things to do, see and try in Australia. My professors were very cool and welcoming and taught us a ton of interesting things over the course of the five weeks. I also got the chance to see and visit Australia's most iconic wonders such as the Opera House and Great Barrier Reef! Along the way you get really close to the other students on the trip as well as the TEAN staff, so I now have a whole new group of best friends that I share some of the best memories with (like skydiving)! It really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go over to Australia and learn and have tons of fun all at the same time. Anyone that can go definitely should not hesitate to visit the land down under!

The best time of my life

TEAN gave me the opportunity of a life time by taking care of me all through my study abroad experience. They took care of all the un-fun parts of travel. This allowed me to focus on having fun, exploring, and learning. My best experience was SCUBA diving the Great Barrier Reef. The classes were fun and very educational and the teachers were down to earth and awesome. You do have to do work in this class to successful pass, but it is so worth it.