The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: Perth - University of Notre Dame Australia

TEAN Western Australia

TEAN is a program I definitely recommend! I had the time of my life studying abroad with help along the way. If you are someone who doesn't have much travel experience, and wants to get the most for your money, TEAN is honestly a great program. I had never flown before my journey from Iowa to Australia. I took advantage of the group flight they offer as well as help obtaining my visa and passport. I also had a cellphone preordered and waiting for me when I arrived in Sydney.

Orientation is fabulous and includes information about cultural immersion, academics, accomodation and any other questions in general. For the Australia program, it is 5 days long in Sydney full of activities ( Sydney Bridge Climb, Captatin Cook Dinner Cruise, Wildlife Park Trip, Walking Tour of the City & more), info sessions and meals. After orientation there is airport transportation to your next destination, which was Perth for me.

Once in Perth, TEAN was still helpful with moving in, academics, and what was going on back at home. They also offer many excursions before, after and during your semester abroad with everything planned and a great value for your money. I loved Perth and really felt I was a part of the Australia culture. Perth from my experience is a very underrated city that everyone should get a chance to experience.

If you are considering Australia, New Zealand, or Asia, definitely consider TEAN. You will have the time of your life and they are great every step of the way & offer many opportunities to study and travel!

Social Life:
It is only a 20 minute train ride into the city of Perth. There is alot to do in Fremantle, including a two minute walk to Bathers Beach, plenty of nightlife, and student orgranizations to get involved in.