The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: Melbourne - University of Melbourne

TEAN made the ABSOLUTE best 5 months of my life possible!

I am so incredibly thankful that I decided to study abroad in Australia through TEAN. They were the most organized, helpful, accommodating, and just wonderful people. They had a resident advisor who was amazing and helped us get more acclimated into the Melbourne/ Australian life and also had events throughout the semester to facilitate this even more. TEAN is the number one study abroad program in my opinion! I 100% recommend people studying abroad to go through TEAN!!

Studying abroad was honestly the best thing I have ever done. Even though I had done quite a bit of traveling in my life, I had never been alone in a different country, literally on the other side of the world. It was incredibly liberating and eye-opening. It was wonderful to experience the way academics are in a different part of the world, especially at the best university in Australia. I definitely felt the rigor, but academics is very important there. I loved learning in a different setting than what I am used to at the University of Michigan.
I honestly felt like a new person once I got back to the States. I was able to truly get immersed into the culture in Melbourne which was incredible. Melbourne offers so much, from an AMAZING music and arts scene, to wonderful food (and veg friendly food!!), amazing nature areas, the beach super close by, and just an amazing amount of diversity in terms of people and cultures. It was incredible to be immersed in such a cultured environment.

I met some of the most wonderful people during my time in Melbourne. I saw some of the most amazing sights both around Melbourne, and in Australia in general. And I had the absolute best time of my life. Studying abroad changed my perspective on my own life, as well as my views of other countries and the world in general. I think it is so important to see and experience other places to really fully understand the world and the environment around us. It is such a wonderful personal growth experience!!

What TEAN offers is beyond words, This program facilitated the best six months of my life!

I don’t think I could have made a better decision than to study abroad at the University of Melbourne through The Education Abroad Network. The TEAN program surpassed my expectations in every way and facilitated the best six months of my life. In Melbourne, there was always something to do. If I wasn't spending the day hiking and exploring the bush in the Dandenong Ranges or Mornington Peninsula, you could find me down alleyways looking for the tastiest food, the best coffee, or new and upcoming artists in the heart of Melbourne's CBD.

I am a HUGE foodie, which is probably why I loved Melbourne as much as I did. Melbourne is the food, coffee, and music capitol of Australia and for a good reason. On a Saturday morning, the whole CBD smells of brunch, as delicious smells waft from every direction. I probably spent most of my money on exploring new restaurants and eateries, while becoming a regular at a few. I followed a few food bloggers from Melbourne and found myself exploring further and further out into the different suburbs of Melbourne, literally eating my way through the city.

We lived in the heart of Melbourne right on the edge of the CBD (central business district, aka downtown). I never knew how much I enjoyed city life until my study abroad experience and I didn’t want to leave! Living in the CBD meant that we were never more than a short walk or tram ride from wherever we wanted to go. With music festivals, farmers markets, coffee classes, and adventure clubs, Melbourne was never short on excitement. The city itself had an awesome vibe that thrived on street art, performers, and the diverse communities that make up the surrounding suburbs. If you have been to Portland, Oregon, that would give you a taste of what Melbourne has to offer.

Along with orientation, mid-term trips, and Spring Break trips to Thailand and New Zealand (which both are beyond amazing), TEAN does a great job at ensuring that each student has the best study abroad experience possible. TEAN provides students with Resident directors in their chosen cities that make the experience of studying abroad even more amazing!

Studying through The Education Abroad Network was a great decision as it streamlined and organized the process, while ensuring that my study abroad experience was nothing less than amazing! Studying Abroad taught me to embrace new cultures, seize opportunities, and inflamed my desire to travel the world. The Education Abroad Network program provided me with incredible opportunities that I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere else!

TEAN: Best 5 Months of My Life Studying in Melbourne!

I can't describe how happy I am that I chose to study abroad through TEAN! They were so incredibly helpful from Day 1. They help you with accommodations, visas, transcripts, and any other thing you can think of. Although I studied abroad in Melbourne, I began my adventure in Sydney for the TEAN Orientation. It was the absolute best start to the study abroad experience. TEAN set up fun activities to explore the city and get you more acclimated to the Australian culture. It was a great way to meet other people in the TEAN program as well.
After the Orientation, I spent my semester in Melbourne studying at Melbourne University. I loved every second of it! Melbourne is an awesome city with so much going on. TEAN provides a resident director for each city who is there for you if you have any questions or concerns. TEAN also sets up activities so you get to experience the culture. For me, some of these activities included a footy game and a music concert for the band Cat Empire. Your resident director accompanies you to each of these events. It was comforting to have a someone from TEAN there in case you needed guidance. TEAN also provided amazing housing! It was right in the heart of the city so you could really immerse yourself in the Australian culture. It was really quality housing and had everything you would ever need.
I wish I could go back in time and do the semester all over again. TEAN is definitely in large part why I had such an amazing experience and I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in studying abroad!

Studying abroad was the best time of my life...

Studying abroad was the best time of my life and Study Australia made it SO easy! I was so impressed with the organization of the program with respect to the orientation, the pre-semester trip, activities planned throughout the semester, and the spring break trip. They were also very hlepful when it came to planning trips of our own. I would recommend using The Education Abroad Netowork for any study abroad experience, whether it be in Australia, New Zealand, or Asia. I had an amazing time, and made the best of friends.

I'd go back in a heartbeat

Where to even begin! Studying abroad was never a question for me; it always seemed a no-brainer! I would get to attend school in a new country while living in and exploring a brand new place? Yes please! However, my study abroad experience was not as vacation-like as many of your Facebook friends make it out to be. It was hard. I didn't know anybody going into this program, plus I had never lived in a city before so I knew I was going to have to adapt to my new situation. However, even though it may be scary jumping into something like this it is so, so, so worth it. While in Australia I got to climb to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, road-trip down the South Island of New Zealand, and scuba dive for the first time at the Great Barrier Reef! Hands down the most amazing trip of my life. Another point I want to touch on is that many of my peers choose to study abroad during the summer because they don't want to "miss out on anything", quote, un-quote. To me, this is a little bit ridiculous. I lived in Melbourne for roughly 4 and a half months and I only began to feel at home towards the end of my trip because there were so many new things to discover and learn. So, to any skeptics I say: When will you ever have this opportunity again? Take a leap of faith, jump in, and have the experience of a lifetime.

An Adventure Abroad

Studying in Australia was the best thing I've ever done. Melbourne is an amazing city that's devoted to the arts and food. Whether you want authentic Chinese dumplings, French belgian waffles, Thai mango rice, Greek gyros, or just a delicious burger, you can get it. If you want to spend your nights in hidden bars dancing to some funk, or checking out a play or concert or art gallery, Melbourne is the place for you. If you need to get away from the city, there are beautiful ranges, mountains, and beaches just a short train ride away. My favorite part about this journey was that you can get anywhere in Australia and the South Pacific (Bali, Thailand, New Zealand, Fiji, Sydney, Cairns to name a few paradises).

As for the University of Melbourne, it's considered the best university in Australia. You will be surrounded by bright individuals who are devoted to school. If you find yourself more of an artistic type, opt for RMIT. Both are great schools with great professors and resources.

All in all, I met the most amazing people, experienced the most amazing things, and would recommend studying through TEAN to anyone. They are with you every step of the way, give you lots of treats, and plan the most incredible adventures of your life.