The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: Gold Coast - Bond University

An experience of a lifetime

Studying abroad can, for many people, be an overwhelming and even scary thought to think about. Studying abroad comes with a lot more than just picking a country but rather picking a program, deciding on housing, deciding on a university and most importantly, what classes to take! Luckily I didn't have the overwhelming experience because I went through The Education Abroad Network. The Education Abroad Network is an affiliated program of my school that thoroughly walks students step by step through each the benchmarks. The Education Abroad Network, also known as TEAN is a company who without a doubt puts their students first and makes a point to ensure an incredible experience. TEAN doesn't stop after their students are accepted into their programs but instead sets up excursions, orientations, cruise dinners and adventures around the country to ensure their students get the most out of their journey. I trusted TEAN throughout my semester in Australia and I could not have been happier!
As an abroad student in Bond University I felt truly welcomed to be apart of the University by teachers and fellow students. The campus was smaller than what I was used to at my home university but incredibly inviting and not to mention beautiful. Living in the Gold Coast, and more specifically on the beach made the experience one to truly remember.

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Before I actually decided to study abroad in Australia, I was doing research on the different companies and kept stumbling upon The Education Abroad Network. One day I simply decided to just start applying on their website and see where it went from there. Only a few short days after starting the application, I received a phone call from someone at TEAN to discuss my options and any questions I had. And from that moment on, I decided I was definitely studying abroad through them. Looking back, there is no other company I would have rather gone abroad to Australia with. The Education Abroad Network did everything they possibly could to make sure things ran smoothly, and were there every step of the way.

I knew going to Australia was out of my comfort zone, but TEAN did everything to make me feel comfortable. Our initial orientation week in Sydney was the perfect opener to the country. We were given tours of the city, went to all the touristy areas, and even went to go see our first kangaroos. And our final night together before we continued to the Gold Coast was complete by a sunset dinner cruise in the harbor, acting as the perfect finishing touch to a great week. From there I felt ready to explore the rest of Australia, especially knowing people from TEAN were there in case I had any questions or just wanted to chat. Once I got to the Gold Coast and Bond University, I felt at home. It was the perfect location for me. Only 20 minutes from the beach, what could be better. It was the absolute best experience of my life, life-changing, and if I could do it all over again I would do it the exact same way. If you are considering study abroad, do it, no questions asked.

The wonderful land of Aus

My time in Australia with The Education Abroad Network was by far the best four months of my life! First of all Australia is amazing because of the great weather, beaches, and adventure activities. You will never be bored and TEAN sets up great activities for students to further ensure that. Before my semester on the Gold Coast officially started TEAN arranged an awesome week-long orientation in Sydney where we got to go on a tour of the city, climb the Sydney Tower, visit a zoo, and we even got to go jet boating! When on the Gold Coast TEAN arranged for us to attend a Rugby game and a trip to a wildlife sanctuary where we could hold koalas. The TEAN staff is very good about making themselves available to students if one were to have any questions or concerns about housing, school, or things to do when abroad. The abroad office at Bond Uni was also a great resource to students. The campus is beautiful and TEAN offers great housing options for those that want to live on or off campus.

BOND ROCKS!

Bond was honestly the best University that I could have gone to abroad. They were so welcoming of international students and everyone on campus was very helpful because they always knew when someone was lost. TEAN did a great job at preparing us to be on campus but also tell us the fun local spots on where to go throughout the week. I really enjoyed the teaching styles at bond as I thought it was almost better than my home university.

I loved the location on where I lived. I will never get to say that I lived a half a block away from the beach ever in my life since I am from the Mid-West. I also thought the transportation was so easy and honestly could get you anywhere. They also had Uber's so that made it very helpful as well. I was able to be involved in a ton of events while I was there. I also made ton of friends overtime I traveled because I would stay at hostels which was like a fun dorm.

I would recommend this trip to anyone! I loved Aussie but I was also able to go to New Zealand and Bali. These trips were very affordable and I am so blessed that I was able to go. I am more then happy to share my experience in greater detail is someone wants! Don't be shy!

Aussie will change your lifestyle!

Bring me back!

For everyone questioning going abroad, DON'T! Do it! I'm so grateful for my experience, I wish it never ended. The Education Abroad Network was also a great provider. They always had someone on staff if you ever needed anything and they genuinely cared about your experience. As far as Australia, what can I say. It's a beautiful country, everyone is super nice, and the weather is even better. I honestly am counting the days until I can go back, and saving my money. I think about it everyday!

Best 4 Months of my Life

This experience was the most amazing experience I have ever, and probably will ever have. While I was abroad, I did everything from learning how to surf, to skydiving, to scuba diving, basically I did everything. I traveled all over the most beautiful country in the world and saw the natural beauty this world has to offer. The people I met while abroad will stay with me forever, I built some lifelong friendships and will keep in touch with these people forvever. TEAN helped me and everyone out so much and I cannot thank them enough. Anyway, long and amazing story short. This trip was the best time of my life. I would highly recommend it to everybody, if you have the option to study abroad, do it.

Life Changing Experience!

Some of my favorite memories from my time abroad were the morning sunrises that we had in every city that we went to. As we travelled across Australia, through New Zealand, and Fiji, we made sure that we watched a sunrise in every place. We forced ourselves to stay up all night long to see the sunrise but they were all filled with great times, company, and plenty of laughs along the way. They were great adventures that I will remember for the rest of my life.
Another memory I have is skydiving for the first time with a group from the program. We were all incredibly nervous before take-off but I remember once we saw the views of Cairns we forgot that we were about to jump. Naturally we all freaked out after the first person jumped however but once we all landed on the ground it was such a rush that we will never forget, and it was something we were glad to experience together.
The TEAN staff is nothing short of incredible. The in-country staff were always available and very helpful if we ever had any questions on how to get around, where to go for things, or any general questions while we were abroad. The staff did their best to make us feel at home so we could make the most of our time in Australia.
TEAN offers three housing options for students to live in and I chose the "Premier Housing" and it was amazing! The building was very modern and the apartments had everything we needed for our semester abroad, including a weekly cleaning service. The building was in the heart of Broadbeach surrounded by a ton of restaurants, shopping centers, and the grocery store which made buying groceries so easy. The bus station was a short 10 minute walk away which made it simple to get around the area and do some sight-seeing. The best part however is that the beach was right across the street and we even had a view of the beach from our apartment, so safe to say that beach days were frequent.
TEAN has multiple FREE cultural events that are planned throughout the semester for anyone who want to participate. These events for my semester were some of the highlights of the trip so I highly recommend taking advantage of these. Additionally there were several coffee breaks where we could chat with our residents advisor to discuss any issues we were having, or just talk about how our travels were going across Australia, and again these were all free events. Overall TEAN did an awesome job helping us adjust to the aussie lifestyle and always made sure that we were supported throughout our semester.

Highlight of my Life

I loved every minute of my semester abroad at Bond Uni! I was nervous to go half way around the world, but the TEAN program made my whole experience stress free by preparing me before my trip and providing support during my time in Australia. Orientation in Sydney was amazing and only the beginning of my travels, since I also got to experience Melbourne, the Whitsunday Islands, Byron Bay, and Bali. I'm so glad I made the decision to study abroad and I'm still wishing to this day that I could go back and do it again! Although it is a study abroad cliche, my semester abroad was life changing and a huge growing experience. I could not recommend Bond and TEAN enough!

Best 4 Months of My Life

Every day in Australia was the next best day of my life, for 4 months straight. I had so many expectations for the program through The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) and Bond University, and my time abroad was above and beyond every single one of those expectations. The people were some of the friendliest and outgoing people, eager to welcome you into their country. The landscapes are so vast and extraordinary, they will blow your mind away. The university itself, will make you rethink why you didn't just go there for all four years undergrad. And you will leave, the saddest person in the world, because nothing will ever compare.

The Best Four Months Abroad!!!

Going abroad to Gold Coast, Australia was one of the best decisions I've ever made! I loved every single things about it and would totally do it all over again. The school, Bond University, was great and I loved all the teachers and Australian students I met. I also loved where I lived, which was right on the beach. It was close to so much shopping, nightlife, and outdoor adventure. I traveled all around Australia and even to New Zealand. At the end I went on The Education Abroad Network's (TEAN) amazing Fiji trip! I think about my experience everyday and am so thankful for TEAN for helping make it all happen!

Australia. TEAN. Both amazing!

I had such an amazing time in Australia and the TEAN study abroad program made it so much better. Australia has always been on my bucket list and I knew it was going to be an epic adventure I didn't think TEAN program could make it even better than imagined. I went on the orientation in Sydney and saw so many places in a couple of days we had there. I visited so many beautiful places like St. Douglas, Byron Bay, couple of rainforests, and Bali. Overall, I wouldn't take anything back!

The Time of my Life

TEAN was a wonderful program to go with. I never once felt confused about what was going on; I never felt unsafe; I certainly never felt like I was alone while I was there. Through times of homesickness, TEAN talked me through it and reawakened myself to how exciting Australia is, to the amazing trips they offer that made my time in Australia how special it was, laying on the beach in Fiji or exploring Sydney with the best experts on the city- TEAN employees!! I loved every minute the trip. Going with TEAN, however, is what made it the most enjoyable, exciting, exhilarating experience of my life.

Study Aboad @ Bond Uni

Saying I found my study abroad experience to be very rewarding and valuable would be an understatement. Studying abroad and having the opportunity to live and learn in a new country was an experience that I will never forget; I made friends and memories that I will cherish for the remainder of my life and enjoyed traveling, meeting new people, and embracing the adventure that each day brought. Academically, Bond University required a great deal of effort to be put into classes, which was unexpected and initially challenging but the classes I enrolled in there were some of the most rewarding of my life. Classes were definitely not a “walk in the park” as often expressed by study abroad students (Bond Uni is a private school and renowned for being difficult). On a side note, it is quite difficult to focus on class when your backyard contains beautiful, endless beaches and sunny weather! My classes brought new perspectives and insight and I believe enhanced what have I learned and studied at my home university. The classes contained a lot of student led lectures and tutorials and a great deal of interaction.
I chose The Education Abroad Network, commonly known as TEAN, program for the outstanding reputation that they hold and their connection with Bond University. Since my studies have always been an utmost priority to me, attending a highly distinguished and reputable school that fit my academic needs was essential. In Australia I was able to take courses I needed to complete my degree and ones that I was truly interested in; making sure I could finish my college degree requirements was a major aspect of my decision. I was effectively able to communicate with professors and locals alike in the English language and become involved on campus. At Bond I was able to blend high-level academics with real-life practical experiences. Choosing TEAN as a program was one of the best choices I have made and I have the utmost gratitude for my study abroad experience and have nothing but fond words to say about my experience in Australia and with TEAN. I believe their services and expertise in all areas are far superior compared to other competitive programs. After having spoken to other students who studied abroad and in other areas of Australia I believe I made the best decision by studying at Bond Uni and using TEAN. The company is extremely organized, always accessible, and, what I found to be the most valuable is the sincere interest they take in their student creating opportunities studies value and appreciate. They created trips throughout the semester, had the best living accommodation options, a week orientation, and had free culture and coffee “breaks” (events) that were never boring or felt like they “cut corners.” The TEAN staff did a wonderful job about preparing us culturally, academically, socially, etc. about what we were to expect in Australia in a fun and efficient manner especially during orientation. I believe every company should adapt their approach of finding a great balance between business and fun. By studying abroad I believe l have received a holistic education with a diverse range of approaches, settings, and dynamics. Throughout my experience, I am confident that studying abroad in Australia has allowed me to grow both academically and personally. I am forever grateful for the experiences I have had living, traveling, and studying abroad and regard my time there as the best of my life. I cherish the friendships and memories I have made abroad and I know they will last me lifetime and I have TEAN to thank.

When Can I go Back?

The experience of studying abroad at Bond University through The Education Abroad Network is something that nothing will be able to compare to. Before my semester even started, I got to travel to Fiji, a pre-excursion trip that TEAN offered. It was such a unique and amazing experience. Our orientation in Sydney was filled with so many cool activities that people travel all around the world to experience- Climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge, Seeing the Opera House, going on a night cruise. Bond University was amazing as well. The campus was beautiful, the beach was a short ride away from our apartment, and everyday was spent sun bathing and eating great food. An unforgettable experience!

A Time Down Under to Remember!

The Education Abroad Network was a great choice for studying abroad! Whether the most important thing to you is finances, one-on-one advising, emotional support, safety or additional excursions and activities, TEAN can help your study abroad experience to be one to remember. It was my first time out of the country, and TEAN even helped me with getting my passport. Leaving the country for the first time without my parents was a scary experience, but the Education Abroad Network was there the whole time holding my hand to help me with anything I needed so I could really experience my life abroad.

TEAN all the way.. even around the world!

The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is the best and most helpful program to guide a student going abroad. When I decided to study abroad, I wanted to attend the study abroad fair. However, I had class and had to rush through and just grab a bunch of brochures from all the tables with programs for Australia. Later that day I went through them and knew that TEAN was the one. It was the only one with clear details and helpful information. It was also extremely welcoming and looked like the most fun! And everything I got the impression of from TEAN, turned out to be true. They were so much more helpful to us TEAN Bondies than other American students at Bond were helped by their study abroad programs. We also had more fun :)

The Best Semester Of My Life

I could not have had a better time abroad. I miss being in Australia every single day. The pre-semester trip to Fiji was one of the highlights of the entire trip. It was amazing seeing the cultural differences and getting to meet everyone right away.

The orientation in Sydney was also also unreal. There were a bunch of planned things for us to do during this week. We spent a day in the Blue Mountains and wandering all around the beautiful city.

Once we made it to our new home, the Gold Coast, we were all exhausted. At the same time, we couldn't be more excited to finally be home. The town and the atmosphere is amazing for college-aged students. There are a million things to do and a bus service that can cheaply take you all over the place.

Bond University was amazing. The campus it self is unbelievable, and the classes were all great. None of them were all that hard. There is also an amazing service on campus, student flights, that helped us plan every trip we wanted to go on. This was ridiculously helpful. We were able to go everywhere we wanted as cheaply as possible, without the stresses of planning everything.

All in all TEAN could not have been better. I had the best experience of my life and made a whole group of new best friends that I still keep in touch with on a regular basis. I would recommend TEAN to anyone looking to study abroad.

I was really nervous about getting to Australia and having no one to go to if I were to have had an issue. That is not the case at all. TEAN staff were very helpful and kept in contact with us during our entire trip.

I lived in the Meriton in the Gold Coast. It was absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough great things about our accommodations. The rooms were beautiful and the amenities offered were above and beyond anything I expected.

Go to the casino, Jupiters, in the Gold Coast. It is right across from the Meriton where we lived. It is a ton of fun and an awesome thing to do that people under 21 could not do in the USA. Food can get pretty expensive in Australia. We found that if you're going to eat out, breakfast is hands-down the cheapest meal to do so. Most places had 10-dollar 'big brekky' that is delicious and huge. Wake up at 5a.m. and go to the beach for a sunrise as many times as you physically can. It is an amazing experience and it is one of the things I miss most about Australia.

Food was possibly the one thing I didn't love about Australia. I think America just has such great food that it is tough to compete. But there weren't many things I ordered or ate that were really really delicious.

There is tons, and tons, of stuff for college-aged students to do. The entire Gold Coast is a younger crowd with a million places to go and see. There is way too much to do in 4 months, I could of used another 4.

I never once felt unsafe. The area is very friendly and there was never a time my safety was at all in question. The people in Australia are the friendliest people in the world.

Excellent Abroad Experience

I studied abroad at Bond University in Gold Coast, Australia through the Education Abroad Network. My experience was absolutely life changing. Because I had so much guidance before, during, and after my abroad experience, the Education Abroad Network made it easy for credit transfer and classes from my home university to correspond with my host university. I lived in the Meriton hotel in a beautiful location placed in the heart of Broadbeach. I was a block away from the beach, and in walking distance from major shopping areas, food stores, restaurants and more. Furthermore, my abroad experience was especially unique and memorable because of the pre-semester trip to Fiji. This trip was the first time I got to meet my fellow peers, and it provided me with a special bond that allowed me to form lifelong friendships during my study abroad experience. I firmly believe that my life has been changed by my experience, and I feel that it will continue to have positive influences for the rest of my life.

One of my favorite spots that tourists may miss is Coolangatta beach. It is another beautiful beach located in Queensland with beautiful views and delicious cafes along the beach.

Best Semester Of My Life

At first, traveling to the other side of the world seemed crazy to me. Getting on a plane for 14 hours to Australia and immersing myself into a culture for four months was something that I was not comfortable with. With the Help of The Education Abroad Network, it made my transition from America to Australia not only a smooth one, but an extremely enjoyable one as well. Right from the beginning The Education Abroad Network kept me organized from what I should expect and pre departure materials that were necessary for my success with my transition. If I ever had any questions before or along the way, The Education Abroad Network staff was always a phone call or a prompt email response away.

Once I got to the airport and was ready to take off I was immediately accompanied by other students who were in my program and would soon become my best friends on the trip. Sitting with other students from all over the country and talking over our worries and excitements definitely made me feel comfortable as I understood that everyone was in the same boat. Once we got to Australia, Staff Members of The Education Abroad Network were extremely knowledgeable and enormously helpful once we stepped of that plane in Sydney, Australia. Staying in five star hotels and having a one week orientation in Sydney where we went rappelling, tours of the Sydney Harbor and other things which made bonding with other students would prove to be the beginning of our journey that changed our lives forever.

Traveling to the Gold Coast was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Again, with the help of The Education Abroad Network in putting us in these stunning five star hotels and living right on the beach, I thought I was in paradise. From there I was more than eager to get my semester underway and see the wonders of the Gold Coast, Australia. It is safe to say that without the help of The Education Abroad Network my experiences would not have been the same. I am so happy that I chose the Education Abroad Network to help me with this very important transition that would prove to be the best experience of my life.

Never felt so at home

The most memorable thing about my study abroad experience was the friends that I made through TEAN. We were like a tight knit family.

I chose TEAN because it was the most highly recommended program. It also had everything I was looking for, the school, the convenience, the excitement.

I was lucky enough to live off campus in a hotel/ apartment on broadbeach. The location was perfect as well as the accommodations.

The chance of a lifetime

I have never felt so at home millions of miles from my friends and family. My study abroad experience was the most unforgettable thing I think I will do in my lifetime. How often do you get to live in Australia in an apartment on the beach for four months. That opportunity doesn't come around everyday, but with TEAN it was all possible. They made me feel like I was at home, the friends I met from my program were the friends I had throughout the semester. The TEAN orientation in Sydney was unreal. They perfectly immersed you into Aussie culture in a little under four days. Everything we needed to know they taught us, while doing fun activities. I wouldn't have gone with any other program,

excellent!

Moreton Island was the most memorable experience. Right off the coast of Brisbane, Moreton Island is completely made of sand. No roads. We camped, hiked, sand boarded, and snorkeled an amazing shipwreck. Bond University has a travel agent on campus that makes planning trips such as this one extremely easy and affordable as well.

I chose to use TEAN as my program because they sounded the most appealing. The pre-semester excursion planned in Sydney was absolutely amazing and helped me bond with the people in my program. TEAN also made the process of applying, choosing courses and packing extremely easy. Very minimal stress involved with my choice.

I lived in the on-campus housing dorms. They were amazing!! The nicest dorms I've ever lived in. I loved the convenience of them; right near class, short walk into town and I got a meal plan so no stress of cooking. There is a bus stop right near the accommodations so it was very easy to get to an airport or the beach!

Take Me Back to the Land Down Under!!!!!

Choosing to study abroad in Australia at Bond Uni through TEAN was the absolute best decision I could have ever made. TEAN made it beyond easy to travel to the other side of the world. The process felt personalized and organized. The excursions that TEAN planned were AMAZING. The pre-semester orientation program in Sydney allowed me to see more of the beautiful city than I ever expected in four days. It also helped me easily adapt to the new country as well as make a boat load of friends. Bond Uni, the school that I took four classes at, was absolutely beautiful and in the perfect location. I was able to travel to different parts of Aussie as well as Bali and Fiji! I made local friends that I still talk to every single day at home. I can't wait for the time that I go back to the beautiful country and continue to travel to some of the places that I missed. I 100% recommend this program, this school and this country!!

The Experience of a Lifetime

TEAN did an excellent job of planning excellent events and excursions, keeping organization among a large group of people, and making the entire process very easy. I fell in love with Australia and the Gold Coast. I got to travel around the country, go to Fiji and take a 6-day vacation to Bali!!! I checked all the activities off my list such as sky diving, scuba diving and holding a koala bear. I can't wait to go back to Australia and visit other places that I did not get to see.

Loved living in the on-campus dorms. The nicest dorms I've ever lived in. Nice and convenient, close to class and the meal plan made life less stressful abroad!

I made friends that I continue to talk to every single day at home.

Best Trip of My Life

Going abroad is the opportunity of a life time and no one allows students to better take utilize their time abroad then TEAN. Unlike any other program, TEAN took care of all the aspects of living on the other side of the globe for us, allowing us to get the most out of our time abroad. In fact, all of my friends abroad who did not go through TEAN constantly expressed their jealousy of TEAN's perks. No other program set up their students with cell phones, airport transfers, cultural excursions, or the best housing around. TEAN did all of these things. I am sure I would have loved my time abroad under any circumstances, with that being said, my time abroad would have been no where near as perfect as it was without TEAN and their staff.