The Education Abroad Network Header Image The Education Abroad Network Header Image

TEAN: Christchurch - Lincoln University

An Adventure in Mind.. and so much more!

Because I attend a small ag school in PA, our study abroad office is virtually non-existant, but thanks to a TEAN rep who visited campus, I became hooked on the idea of studying abroad in New Zealand. From the start, TEAN made the 'getting there' process fool-proof, with friendly staff on hand to cheerfully answer any and all questions and do everything they could to help get us there. Between phone calls and emails, I was soon underway, and my parents loved the value of the program and how easy the process was. TEAN handles everything from helping us book group flights to figuring everything out with our chosen Uni so everything is sorted upon our arrival. The pre-semester Fiji trip was absolutely unforgettable, and I will cherish the friends and memories I made there forever. Between the Aukland orientation and excursions throughout the semester, not only could TEAN students build lasting friendships with eachother, but also with the TEAN staff members, who were absolutely incredible people in every sense of the word. No matter what, they were only a phone call away to help us out with anything!

Lincoln is a smaller ag-based school, and I absolutely loved it. While not in the heart of Christchurch, it's just a bus ride away and I was happy to escape the chaos of the city for a different sort of experience. Living on Farm Road was the best decision I made, most of my friends being kiwis or other international students from all over the world. If you're interested in anything ag, environment, or anything at all, Lincoln could be the place for you, and I would recommend TEAN to get you there; it was the best decision I could have possibly made when I chose to go abroad.