Volunteer for an Academic Year in the Dominican Republic
7-12 Month, 3-6 Month
June 26, 2016 to June 1, 2017 (Applicants can choose to skip the summer program and begin August 22, 2016.) Volunteers can also choose to come January 12-August 7, 2017.
* Strong Spanish skills (Fluency is preferred and skill level will be used to determine placements)
* Bachelors degree and/or experience working with children
* Ability and willingness to adapt to new situations and work in a less-structured environment
* Must be 21 or older
Cost in US$:
USD 2,500 - USD 3,000 (depending on location). Fellowships available! Certified teachers receive a reduced fee.
- In-country orientation/Training
- Emergency evacuation services
- Living stipend
Program Fees Include:
* Required training workshops
* Volunteer cultural excursions& Living stipend (for meals, cell phone, worksite transportation, laundry, etc.)
* Pick up/drop off at Puerto Plata airport
* Fee does not include airfare, health insurance or personal spending money.
A small monthly living stipend
- experience teaching, tutoring, or working with children in a classroom setting.
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Computer Training
- English Teaching
- Grassroots Organization
- Health Education
- Public Health
- Volunteer Management
The typical volunteer is usually an undergrad, recent graduate or grad student who is taking a year off between studies to explore career paths, such as teaching. Volunteers are usually proficient in Spanish, have a love of travel, and enjoy working with children.
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 2-4
Scholarships are Available
To apply for the DREAM fellowship, applicants should include with their application a brief one-page letter that demonstrates financial need and highlights specific qualifications for the program. DREAM also asks the applicant to specify the amount of money requested, as well as limit the request to what would be necessary for participation. All decisions will be made by the Executive Director.
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network