9-12 Week, 3-6 Month, 5-8 Week, 2-4 Week
10th January to 24th March, 10th May to 24th July, 10th September to 9th December
Volunteers for the Ghana Teaching Program must:
* Be between 18 and 65 years of age
* Be able to walk long distances (up to 1 hour continuously) and be able to tolerate heat
* Be available for a minimum of four weeks
* Be able to speak English fluently
* Have a High School qualification to teach at primary level, and a college degree to teach at secondary level
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Cost in US$:
Please see our website for full details on cost
- In-country staff support
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Personal support from your Program Specialist throughout the preparation process.
* Your Program Guide, with all the details on Ghana and your placement.
* Fundraising strategies and access to our crowd funding platform where you can raise up to 100% of the cost your trip, with tax receipts for your US based donors.
* Access to Your Own Online Journal: which helps you to communicate effectively and easily with your family and friends back home.
* Opportunities for Preferred Pricing and Personalized Service when booking Airfares: through our travel partner GYT Flight Centre who go the extra mile to support GVN volunteers.
* Accommodation: Home stay, volunteer dormitory or onsite at your project
* Meals: 3 meals daily.
* Project Donation: Included.
* Airport pickup: On arrival date.
* Training: In-country orientation.
* Supervision: In-country staff supervision.
* Support: Pre-departure personal support from your volunteer coordinator, 24/7 in-country support from partner, and 24hr emergency line.
- A High School qualification to teach at primary level, and a college degree to teach at secondary level
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home