The Bamboo Project powered by GVN Header Image The Bamboo Project powered by GVN Header Image

Join us in sunny Thailand!

My time in Thailand.

Before departing for my 2 weeks volunteering in Thailand.. I have no idea what to look out for, let alone what to expect. After my 2 weeks volunteering in Thailand.. i've learned new cultures, met new friend (from & outside of Thailand) and gained new experiences. I loved every single minute of my time in Thailand. Undoubtedly one of my best experiences abroad by myself! The workload was good and the tour guides/care takers were excellent!!

Great experience

My partner and I both loved our time throughout this programme. We were both nervous having never done this kind of travelling before but once we got there the nerves didn't get a second thought. We were well supported the entire time and extremely well looked after by one of the local families (we are still trying to recreate some of the recipies). We expected to be taken out of our comfort zones and we weren't disappointed. Everyone went well out of their way to make us feel welcome and ensure that we were able to experience as much as possible of Hill Tribe life in the time we had. In the classroom it was well structured and progressive learning with set patterns and of course the odd game. I would recommend tongue twisters for the older kids if entertainment is needed. We also got to inject some of ourselves into the lessons with photos of home and music. We saw a massive improvement in everyone's spoken English and their confidence in using their language skills. It is an amazing part of the world and if you have the time and inclination to volunteer your time I would highly recommend that you do so here.

Volunteering in Thailand

Being a mature volunteer (over 60) can be quite intimidating - wondering how you will be received by much younger volunteers. However you don't need to worry as volunteers Rock! From vastly different cultures we come together to live with each other with a common goal - to try and give back a little to communities that don't have the good comfortable lives we have in the western world. And thrown into this mix is that we have a great time doing it!

I have had some exciting and exhilarating times exploring the island and very enjoyable and satisfying times helping children in the school to improve their English.

To be recommended to all - from 20 - 80!